Noble Energy

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Noble Energy Chairman and CEO Charles D. Davidson

Charles D. Davidson

Don't Expect to Move up the Ladder in Supply Chain quickly

Procurement Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsYou will wear a lot of hats and have a lot of responsibility.

ConsNoble is very old school - they hesitate in promoting their own people.

Former Employee

Business and Operations (Former Employee)

I worked at Noble Energy full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay and benefits are good. Overall I liked the employees, job and company. Location has improved with the move to the old Compaq center on 249 and Louetta and out of the ghetto gunslinging area of Greenspoint.

ConsManagement does nothing to promote from within, develop career paths or encourage collaboration with departments. There is a lot of duplication of efforts. Great place for operations type jobs but not business or IT. IT is deservingly the butt of most jokes.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix it. Take career paths seriously. Operations has already make it a successful company financially but they cant fix the internal problems. Find the gaps of management intelligence and fix them.

Great Company, Solid Financials, Hard To Move Ahead

Land Negotiator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Pay, Good People, Well Established, Strong (Financially) Company, Challenging Work with Chances for Additional Responsibilities.

ConsSeemingly insurmountable caste system where promotion is attained through attrition rather than performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and promote based on performance and not "years in the business".

Supportive, knowledgement and hands-on upper management but not a micromanagement shop

Land and Title (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsEthical company and management which demonstrates respect for its people and contractors, and for continued solid hard work, diligence and productivity.

ConsToo many employees and supervisors goofing off most of the day and creating problems in business unit morale and workflow. Too much reporting in one area but not enough in other sections. Some supervisors don't know what they need to know to help with questions.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to crack down on employees and supervisors who are not putting in a full days' work - demoralizing and distracting to employees who are working, especially when the ones not working are in a supervisory position. Too much talking, personal internet usage, griping and egos wanting to be promoted without doing what they were hired to do now. Better screening or interviewing of candidates' experience and references is needed to be sure that new hires actually know what they say they know. Too many emplohyees leaving the office for golf outings or rig tours and leaving work undone.

My job is not what I was told it would be - that is why I am searching for another job.

Land Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for less than a year

ProsThe benefit package is excellent, working environment is very good. This is an excellent company to work for, however there should be more adequate training, and job duties more explicitly explained.

ConsThe company is not as organized as it should be, a lot of the employees are not familiar with job duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more adequate on the job training, When hiring job descriptions should be more thoroughly explained.

Great salaries that don't quite make up for incompetent management and a hostile work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Noble Energy as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros-excellent oil wages, especially for expat work

ConsEverything else is a con. All upper management is hired and run using the "good ol' boy" system. Gossip fuels business decisions, rather than good sound information. Overseas location management is absolutely inept, incompetent, and self-serving. Hiring/firing for "remote" locations is entirely nepotistic and racially/nationalistically biased. Let's just say that for some locations, you better be British, or you're fired/not hired. To make matters worse, there were very inappropriate relationships discovered between executives that would make the devil cry.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoney does not cure all ills! Your pay is excellent, but you have to step up hiring practices. You have got to revisit how you find and select country managers, and stop letting your various locations run rampant with nepotism, gossip-fueled business planning, and inappropriate behavior!

Terrible place to work, not employee friendly very impersonal.

Consulting Landman (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Noble Energy as a contractor for less than a year

ProsClose in proximity to where I live.

ConsTerrible place to work especially for minorities.

Worst job ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Noble Energy

Prosnothing good to say about noble

Consmanagement was disorganized and cruel to their employees.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't be mean

Terrific company to work for

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay/benefits. Friendly environment. Passionate individuals. Can move around in the company. Great people. Safe practices. Interesting business to get involved in. All the people here seem to really care about each other and their jobs.

ConsTraditional when it comes to stuff like working at home or setting your own hours. I honestly can't think of any other cons. My experience at this company this far has been amazing.

Care about employees and great upper mgmt

I have been working at Noble Energy

ProsGood benefits and flexible schedule.

ConsSomewhat low on O&G pay scale

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Noble Energy Videos

Noble Energy – Why Work for Us?

Noble Energy, Inc. is a leading independent energy company with a track record of success, a sound strategy for the future and a variety of unique and challenging careers. With a global scope and broad-based operations… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noble Energy reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Noble Energy CEO Charles D. Davidson. All 38 reviews are posted anonymously by Noble Energy employees.