Nokia - QT Development Frameworks
www.trolltech.com Oslo, Norway 150 to 499 Employees

Nokia - QT Development Frameworks Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great environment if project being developed can survive

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Brisbane

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat group of people and local office had lots of benifits such as lunch provided in canteen

Consa purely engineering company with no associate sales department means a rough time if "sponsored" project being worked does not survive

Advice to Senior ManagementGood quality work gets done if the business basics are sorted ie what to work on and how is it paid for and work required is well communicated to staff. Be carefull before commiting to large project in the latest fad such as Mobile Software Development. Such projects come with a high risk profile and lead times between R&D expense verses sales income can be problematic.

Interesting work, badly mismanaged from the top

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Oslo (Norway)

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks full-time for more than a year

ProsQt is really cool - the most complete cross-platform framework, and the best maintained. I have always enjoyed working with it and was glad for a chance to work on it directly. Fortunately the Digia acquisition may allow us to return to that kind of work, so do not take anything negative I have written as any kind of indication for the future of that; the outlook seems bright for Qt now, just not for Nokia (and I seem to be reviewing Nokia here).

ConsNokia provided a series of mobile platform projects which distracted us from working on Qt itself, and the company's right hand doesn't know what the left is doing so there were destabilizing changes on a couple of occasions, ending with the cancellation of a project after this entire office had wasted more than a year on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's no hope for management, they don't have a working vision at all. They need to be replaced, but it may be too late for that too.

Hang on, its a wild ride

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBrilliant devs, technology and market value

Conslack of business vision execution

Advice to Senior Managementgo public. get aligned.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks

ProsFlat, unbureaucratic culture
Great people!
Site has good energy

ConsJob advancement opportunities are lacking at this site.

Great company and people

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks

ProsVery relax nice environment where everyone is treated with lost of respect

Consthe company was bought and no longer around

Advice to Senior Managementit is a shame that you sold the company :-(

Worked for Nokia - QT Development Frameworks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nokia - QT Development Frameworks reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Nokia - QT Development Frameworks employees.