Northern Trust

www.northerntrust.com

Northern Trust Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Northern Trust President, CEO, and Director, Northern Trust Corporation and Northern Trust Company Rick Waddell

Rick Waddell

Pros
  • Culture that built a great reputation serving clients well and supports work/life balance(in 98 reviews)

• Great Pay for entry positions, set schedule, good benefits, but pricey depending(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • management in some divisions punishes employees for voicing concerns to senior management(in 16 reviews)

• Management does not care about your home work life balance(in 7 reviews)

Team Leader

Team Leader (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat work culture, strong reputation, good management

ConsTough pay masters, bad bonus payments

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for talent within before exploring talent outside

Northern Trust review

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood work life balance
    Friendly working environment
    Northern Trust focus on more people engagent

ConsIT/ System applications are not updated

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate more on bringing updated technologies and make the process and sub process stream line.

very satisfied with the company's culture a good company to be associated with.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosvery comfortable environment to work with as they follow a open door policy. A great opportunity for starters and the pay is above market average.

Conshard to mention any out of my experience

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its wonderful work experience

Investment Performance Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood working culture
    Good management
    Good facilities
    Good training

Consless increase in pay scale
    Low personal growth
    promotion is too bad

Trust Management

Senior Client Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsSolid firm with long term focus. Employees are valued and Northern Trust has comprehensive benefits and coverages for all employees

ConsNot always able to make decisions as quickly or transparently as would be liked by those on the front lines.

Senior Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe work culture in Northern is very good

ConsAs usual internal politics in some teams

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing really great

Good place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsHigh level of integrity and quality of service.

ConsLots of employees with very long tenure but culture is changing to one that does not encourage long tenures. Accountability is increasing but compensation is not adjusting.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's encouraging to see people who don't make the cut let go. This was not the case in the past. Rewarding those who stand out is needed too and that is not happening much. Survival is not a great incentive.

Good company to work

Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsEnviornment is pretty good to work. Good team support. They believe in group work. I had a good team leader.

ConsPay is pretty less for freshers, but eventually you will climb the ladder and will get good benefits. Less meetings

Hard to progress

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood work life balance. People in the workplace friendly and approachable. Canteen is nice with fantastic choice on the menu.

ConsHard to progress, any previous experience in former roles is not taken into consideration. Plus very high staff turnover, more contractors than permanent staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen when your staff are telling you they are unhappy and help them to progress then staff turnover may decrease.

Sr. Software consultant in IT

Vice President (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat company in Chicago for IT department. Employees are very happy with work and life balance. Flexible work schedule.

ConsSome technologies are not properly utilized. But we see changes now.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome IT areas are very critical. Please make sure we have enough staff(Full time) before the key resource/s move out of the company.

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!