Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Novartis Pharmaceuticals President André Wyss

André Wyss

Pros
  • Good work life balance with many activities for company bonding(in 35 reviews)

• good company with good benefits(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Work load is just too much and there is absolutely no work life balance at all(in 24 reviews)

• No work life balance and lack of promotion opportunity(in 7 reviews)

room for improvement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Basel (Switzerland)

Prosbig pharma and big pipeline

ConsPoor management of the work and people

Good Company , Cheap Politics , Communal in the Management

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsIts been more than 4 Years in Novartis Hyderabad. Good company for freshers as they get brand , infrastructure and exposure to interact to Onsite People. Also , Company provides Pick up and drop cabs which is free of cost.

ConsPeople who are experienced , straight forward and Muslims / South indians are not encouraged to work in this company as most of the work is not so challenging and any associates is intrested to bring changes in the process it is very tough to sell keeping useless management in Hyderabad. Most of the leadership team are from north India , so preference in promotions / appreciation will go North indian and anything left over , if any south Indian supports the management they are recognized. My promotion was delayed in spite of my excellent work for 6 Months.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice as they don't change at all.

For technologists, it is not the place to work

Senior Applications Architect (Current Employee) East Hanover, NJ (US)

ProsWork life balance, provides opportunities to innovate

ConsIt's a typical European company, lot of hidden hierarchies. Absence of strong IT Governance

Advice to Senior ManagementShow career roadmap to employees and make them grow in their roles

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

to be considered

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI like their empowerment culture which train leadership skills. it is a challenging working environment especially the amount of work was heavy. You can learn a lot of things.

ConsThe change of management team becoming a routine for every maximum 2years, CAPAs and improvement that are implemented often keep changing to fit the requirement of individual leads at regular basis which made the system unstable and always busy. No work life balance and lack of promotion opportunity.

Positive

Technical Writer (Current Employee) Suffern, NY (US)

ProsFamily-like culture and very hard-working/committed colleagues.

ConsThe site is closing by 2016

good environment and better work culture

Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Prosrelaxed life, not so work pressure

Consif u want challenging/better assignments then you need to make your own judgement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp young and aspiring associates

Overall favorable place to work but several caveats

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) East Hanover, NJ (US)

ProsPay is good and benefits are good.
    Staff and corporate culture are ethical.

ConsRecent round of layoffs left me with out the resources to do my job properly

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen doing layoffs, management should develop a continuity of operations plans BEFORE the layoffs so that you can be sure that work can continue at least at 80 to 90% of previous levels.

Good benefits

ProsWork from home options, nice campus

ConsStressful project work, teams global

look wlsewhere

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsVery hard to find but stock is solid

ConsUsed to be a great place to work but now the employees are just a number not peron

very big company with great platform

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosmany products and very promising pipelines, lots of opportunities to learn and the company provides great trainings.

Consthe company is too big, politics plays an important role in any of the decision making, sometimes it is frustrating

Worked for Novartis Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!