NxStage

3.9

NxStage President, CEO, and Director Jeff Burbank
Jeff Burbank

Very satisfied.

Former Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer  in  Lawrence, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Lawrence, MA (US)

Pros

Team was helpful. My team members helped me when I needed.

Cons

Little Unfriendly to me. The working environment was not seemed to me very friendly.

Need to create friendly environment. To be trained some managers about treating their team members in an appropriate manner.

This is one of the best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Sales Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Sales Support Analyst

Pros

The environment within this company is easy going and relaxing

Cons

I have no complaints as of yet.

Needs to create a better training structure.

Maybe it was better before

Former Employee - Research CO-OP  in  Lawrence, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Research CO-OP in Lawrence, MA (US)

Pros

Machine shop access, good pay, office supplies...am I at the 20 word minimum yet? I realized early on that they're not an innovative company. I thought it was cool to be working back in the machine shop, until I realized that they do not have a culture of colloboration, mentorship or growth.

Cons

Safety, poor management and vision/lack of leadership, CEO seems aloof as to the leadership within (or lack thereof) in engineering.

focus on sales, fire engineering department and start fresh

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company in theory, bloated and lacking true leadership in practice

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lawrence, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, MA (US)

Pros

Relatively flexible hours, good pay, beautiful facility, good effort in trying to "rally the troops" to change renal care.

Cons

Complacent engineering management, no true direction or project management leaves engineers and projects running in circles and wasting huge amounts of time and money.

Just because someone has been at the company since the beginning doesn't make them a good manager. Re-assess project management and lead engineers if you really want to get the next level projects moving.

Working at NxStage was fulfilling from a financial and social aspect.

Pros

Company provides a service that has an amazing impact on on improving the quality of life for the dialysis patients that use it. Extremely rewarding to see the positive change it can make.

Cons

Did not believe the company was making the right long term commercial decisions. It is an R&D company and struggles with optimizing the commercial opportunity.

Rewarding place to work.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Lawrence, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Lawrence, MA (US)

Pros

Comfortable environment, new office, friendly people, good benefits. A feel good place to work. Patient interaction is very positive.

Cons

Most co-workers are great and work as a team although there are a few that try to lead by intimidation. Thankfully not many. Overall it's a great place to work.

Get more involved with what is going on in the general day to day work flow of your employees.

Outstandin

Pros

The people at NxStage are great. I have never worked with a more passionate group of people. The culture is very positive and the senior management does a great job of describing their vision.

Cons

The office is in Lawrence, MA and the open spaces where the cubes are is loud.

Keep the family feel. Keep pushing forward. We have a great therapy and I am confident that we will make HHD grow.

Your experience may vary

Pros

A great product. Passionate, smart employees.

Cons

Highly political senior management team. CEO has his favorites. A few senior team members can be condescending and nasty.

Your management team should reflect the behaviors that you want to see in the rest of the employee base.

OK to work for...

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Lawrence, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lawrence, MA (US)

Pros

nice office, decent pay, most employees can work with, ok culture, novel product line, great to see patients benefiting from equipment...

Cons

very reactive vs. proactive. A lot of "we need this today" at 4:49PM. Competition coming to market- job stability over next few years is uncertain. Stifled by some management that are stuck in outdated ways of doing business.

stop talking so much and start listening to employees - they are your best resource!

Challenging job surrounded by hard working, passionate employees.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Lawrence, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Lawrence, MA (US)

Pros

NxStage is an exciting company to work for, lead be great management and an incredible CEO. Work is challenging and employees share a good work/life balance. Co-workers are talented with no dead weight. 10 people accomplish tasks at NxStage that require 20 people at most companies. People are passionate and always focused on improving processes and the products,

Cons

Located in Lawrence, MA. Business segments spread out over 5 floors reducing face time with other employees.

Don't stop valuing your employees and showing them your appreciation for what they accomplish. Especially those that have shown commitment to NxStage for many years. They have a wealth of knowledge and history that is hard to replace and they keep the NxStage engine finely tuned.

Worked for NxStage? Contribute to the Community!