Old Navy

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.2 1,259 reviews

Old Navy President & CEO Gap, Inc. Glenn K. Murphy

Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • You also receive generous discounts from Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic (in 90 reviews)

• The staff is fun to work with and there is an incredible employee discount (in 120 reviews)

Cons
  • you will only become a cashier if you get customers to open old navy credit cards (in 123 reviews)

• They don't offer any unpaid time off or paid benefits to part time employees (in 60 reviews)

More Highlights
1,259 Employee Reviews

Great co workers and aura

ProsThe co workers are usually very good to get along with. The customers are usually agreeable as well. The pay is pretty good for retail.

ConsDepending on the size of your store it can be very difficult to keep the store clean. That was one of the main issues especially when there was under-staffing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was very effective but every manger seemed to have different methods on going about things and it would help if they were all on the same page.

Great place to work!

Service & Training Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCompany has great values, employees are treated like assets rather than someone who just comes in to punch a time card.

ConsRetail environment = working holidays!

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Sales Associate (Current Employee) McLean, VA (US)

ProsFLEXIBLE HOURS DURING HOLIDAY SEASON

Conscustomers being customers, very messy.

Advice to Senior Managementstop allowing customers to come in after closing time...it really irritates employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good stuff

Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) Kokomo, IN (US)

Prosgreat experience in retail, good opportunities to move upward, flexible hours

Consi can't really see this as a full time job, just something to do while you're going to school. no benefits really, working holidays, and retail.

Great, dynamic

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsLots of personalities, easy to work with

ConsHard work, sometimes pulled in different directions

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate!

Great atmosphere

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Mankato, MN (US)

ProsGreat coworkers, fun environment, flexible scheduling, employee discount

ConsLike at any retail job, there isn't much difference in daily responsibilities. Same old, same old.

Enjoyable and easy going

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Papillion, NE (US)

ProsFlexible work schedule.
    Managers were super great and personable!
    Fun environment with lots of change

ConsNot a lot of opportunity to move in the company. Pay is right for first job but beyond that it's not competitive

Phenomenal!

Sellebrity (Current Employee) College Station, TX (US)

ProsPeople, pay, atmosphere, work attire

Consold navy credit cards, register

It was a great environment to work in. The employees were great

Sales Associate/Cash Handler (Former Employee) Holyoke, MA (US)

ProsThe best thing about working there is the competitive hours and the discount. Working hard gets your more hours and greater chances for promotion.

ConsThe worst thing about it is that your not always better at a task than someone else so you may get less hours than them. And set schedules are not available.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say employee evaluations should be done every 3 to 4 months instead of every year. It gets hard not know where you are as a employees when you work there for so long.

One of the best jobs I had in my life.

Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) Westbury, NY (US)

ProsFlexibilty with work schedule, great managers, discounts on clothes. The work is easy and the customers are friendly. It was a happy environment and I enjoyed going to work. Some of my best friends today are my co-workers I met while working at Old Navy.

ConsHours can be cut and you may be short handed even on busy days. While you work doing a variety of different types of work the redundancy of the work becomes boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a career path for employees who want to grow with the company. Some employees who have worked there for many years feel burned out. If they had more responsibility or had a change in work assignments the company would retain more employees.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!