Oracle

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison

Larry Ellison

(2,811 ratings)

4,765 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good"
    in 597 reviews
  • "Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times"
    in 333 reviews
Cons:
  • "The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth"
    in 82 reviews
  • "Employee satisfaction, career growth etc are the least important thing at Oracle"
    in 117 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Stable Job but no Growth

Principal Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexibility is here but in the summer policies are changing. The job is stable and people who are working have been generally here 10+ years.

ConsAbsolutely no growth opportunity to move across groups or change in Pay. Very few raises if any. Literally have to wait for someone to retire or quit for promotions. Even grade changes provides no significant pay bump.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide raises.

Some good, some bad, pretty much like everywhere...

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Remote, OR (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMost of my work is remote and remote workers are supported well. I have good team members on my projects, almost 100% of them are motivated to do the right things. I don't need the medical benefits (I use my spouse's) so I actually get a credit $$ amount in each paycheck. Nice 401K match. Lots of training available online.

ConsNo salary increase companywide in 2013. Bonus amounts - management does not ever share how they are calculated. I never have any idea what I will get. I know several people who have gotten promoted with no salary increase just so they wouldn't leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward good performance with salary increases. Don't use salary increases/promotions as a retention tool when someone threatens to leave.

its a very nice company to work with

Consulting Validation Manager (Current Employee)
Noida (India)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible timings and great management.

Consnot much opportunity to develop

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should a set standards for promotions

A milestone in my professional career

Customer Solution Manager (Former Employee)
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Oracle full-time for less than a year

ProsCompensation, benefits, learning opportunities, culture and values.

ConsWork/life balance - through the 10 years, when I played the role of Oracle Implementation Consulting, I was no more than a visitor in my own home; I used to take a flight to the customer site on Sunday nights, and I was back home only on Friday evening... frequently, I didn't have a weekend with my family... That was a perfect life for those who did not have any significant bond/connections with people outside of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on eye on your talented people before you loose them to the competition, just because you don't want to loose them to another team of your own company!

Good stable company

Principal Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFlexible timing, cool managers, job security, variety of work, good stable company, not as much politics as I have seen in some of my previous companies. Company has complete software hardware stack and thus variety of work is great.

ConsSalary, Perks, performance review has no impact on your salary or benefit.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be mandatory minimum % of salary increase every year based on inflation

An amazing learning experience

Contracts Manager (Former Employee)
Bucharest (Romania)

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHigh diversity of taks and projects, a very interesting, complex and challenging job, exposure to very competent and experienced colleagues and management, a very good "school" from both a professional and personal perspective.

Very good development and career opportunities, trainings, support and flexibility in changing roles within the organization.

ConsRequires 100% dedication, long overtime hours and work during weekends and bank holidays. No work/life balance.

Very good entrance salary, nevertheless it stays the same throughout the years. Do not expect your salary to increase - poor compensation and benefits in relation to the amount of work and effort required.

Very rigid decision process, little empowerment. Decisions are made at high level, no possibility to impact them or participate in decision making.

Excellent experience...

Tech Sales (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHuge company and complex internal culture, it takes a long time to learn internals...but a positive experienc overall.

ConsLittle formal guidance, you need to take ownership of the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove internal training and on-boarding...

Great place to build a career

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Reston, VA (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat training, large company - lots of opportunity, great "name recognition" as you move around in industry

Conshard driving, extreme pressure, some products are not nearly as successful as core database offerring.

Good work culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Oracle

ProsThe product I was working on gave me a lot of knowledge and is in a boom outside

ConsCouldnt work on new technologies

Oracle experience

Finance Manager (Current Employee)
Bucharest (Romania)

work from home

Conslow pay
non transparent deci sions
low merito cracy

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All 4,765 reviews are posted anonymously by Oracle employees.