Oracle Reviews

5,848 Reviews

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison
Larry Ellison
3,370 Ratings

Pros
  • The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good (in 818 reviews)

• Great work from home options; Good front-line managers who support their staff (in 369 reviews)

Cons
  • No flexibility for work/life balance--no telecommuting or working from home one day (in 111 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth (in 150 reviews)

More Highlights

Underrated

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Being part of the vendor's internal team lends tangible credibility to customer engagements. Good people and sound procedures mean high referencability.

Cons

Internal licence sales teams have skewed view of OCS responsiveness and competitiveness and are thought of as slow and expensive. In my experience OCS is neither.

Keep seeking closer also alignment with licence.

Can work there but do not stay long

I worked at Oracle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good working environment, many benefits.

Cons

not got pay, no raises, lake of career progress path. Very high workload

Focus more on developing employee skills. More work to improve employment process. Work more to improve assessment process.

Extremely aggressive and sales focused company

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

really get to understand technology

Cons

Dog eat dog politics at management level

Cut the approval layers

Cool place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

With my role I feel I can treat this role as my own business, whilst having the resources and people around me to help us succeed. Culture is great, there are some whingers here and there but maybe they have reason to be a bit negative, I'm not sure. But mostly positive, fun and kind people. I have to say the new Management and leadership team is getting better all the time, really respectful decent people who treat you with manners and kindness. Makes a difference! I still miss Ian White our old MD, who was the nicest man but things are going well with the new leadership team. Although to be hones I have not had much to do with them.

Of course with this type of leadership we are going to work harder and harder to succeed.

Lots of work life balance, can work from home when needed, lots of resources and people to help. Great Health Insurance benefits, life insurance etc.. Great salary, and commission!

Cons

Still some people who like to whinge a bit and bring others down, not much a con that's okay!
    Would prefer to have a Manager in Australia not overseas.
    There are some people who don't put in much at all and you have to work in same team as them and cover them, that's tough, maybe unfair! Esp when you working late nights and they had to take off early every single day when they started late.

I like what's happening now.
    I like the positive feel of the company and I just hope it stays this way.
    In past we have had some nasty VP's who really used scare tactics, talking behind their employees back etc to manage and it was just awful. They all gone now and it's so nice and inspiring now!
    Don't blame a whole team for the errors of Managers who sometimes are not very good at making decisions so they blame a support team or someone who is assisting them in Oracle. I hear didn't make numbers because this team didn't deliver, not true..

Once a great company now starting to fall apart.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. People in front of the customers are top class. They have industry leading products and are the only IT vendor that provides solutions that cover the entire technology stack.Great opportunities for travel and you can move around the company if you have the right skill set.

Cons

Unfortunately at a senior level within APAC and ANZ some poor choices were made and some very bad decisions made at a strategic level. The push for each line of business to make impossible numbers drives poor cross line of business engagement.

Larry needs to shake up his global sales management team and get them focused on their customers and not their quotas.

Consultant

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Best facilities when you travel to client places

Cons

Not a great salary for experienced people

A company cutting when it should be investing

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible working environment and good brand name

Cons

Very little in terms of pay rises (if anything), no bonus and a culture of constantly cutting costs - makes the political environment hard to deal with and very competitive internally.

Invest where you want to grow!

Oracle Experience

Current Employee - Account Manager in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generally very good people to work with. Middle management are generally promoted from within and are therefore able to provide strong guidance on account management, deal strategy and contract negotiation. Oracle have ramped up their cloud presence significantly int the past 3 years. There are plenty of resources if you know who to ask or where to find them

Cons

There has been significant attrition in local business which continues to spiral out of control given the specialization model that HQ has imposed. Territories and quotas have been significant reduced without any meaningful adjustments to quotas. Given the sheer size and acquisitive nature of the organisation the back-office is extremely difficult to navigate with many different owners across multiple-geographies within a single process. There is little to no collaboration cross line of business which makes it near impossible to present the Oracle story. Finally, the company is totally inflexible around compensation with no CPI adjustments or ability to review pay. Despite good local management they are effectively dis-empowered by a rigid and ruthless HQ when it comes to territory assignment and compensation.

The company is not surprisingly very North American centric. The company needs to stem the bleeding and hold on to the good reps by overhauling the current "specialization" sales structure. Most importantly Oracle needs to stop espousing customer-first rhetoric and start putting the customer first.

Diverse & exciting product portfolio with great Career progression!

Current Employee - General Manager in Melbourne
    Current Employee - General Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good opportunity to work with new and exciting new Global solutions. Major investments made by HQ for Australian market (eg. Local Data centres in Australia for Cloud solutions) - helps differentiate our capability. Great personal growth oppty for hard workers with focus on the customer primarily supported by a sense of urgency & good attention to detail. I moved from PreSales to Account Management to Sales Manager and General manager role over the last 10+ years. Global Women's Leadership Forums with Global Conferences and Career Opportunities in Senior Management roles. Great Compensation Accelerators to sell Cloud solutions.

Cons

Large complex organisation divisions. This is now being addressed in more collaborative cross line of business engagement to improve go to market to focus on the customer.

Accelerate plans to simplify the business and focus on the customer outcomes.

Good work-life balance

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Great teams,nice work culture,work from home facility

Cons

less salaries and minimal hikes