Oracle

3.3 5,349 reviews

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison

Larry Ellison

(3,121 ratings)

Pros
  • The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good (in 721 reviews)

• Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times (in 329 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth (in 97 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth (in 137 reviews)

More Highlights
5,349 Employee Reviews

Great for people who are focused on making sales, regardless on wether the customer needs it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsSome good technology acquisitions, although its not easy to see if or how they will be integrated.

ConsVery focused on the Database. Culturally finds it difficult to accept that the sales process is very different form Database and addons, to most of what they have acquired in the middleware or application tiers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be more focused on your people instead of quarterly results. Need to understand the clients' business needs instead of trying to maximise license revenue, or using the "license police".

Its a good company to work, loads of talented people.

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGreat Work Life Balance.
    Lots of talented people work here, people from IIT to regional private colleges the best talents come here.
    You will work as a part of global team, most teams spread across the world and all the development centers have equal value.
    Good learning opportunity.
    Best place to learn Oracle from Oracle.

ConsNo hikes, stagnant salary.
    People only talk about codes, projects even in lunches, lifts.
    Almost no onsite opportunity since its a product company and all the development centers have equal value.If you are part of a team that is completely spread across the globe then you may visit some countries.
    Since its a global company and teams spread across various time zones one can expect a call any time from any where in the world.
    Discrimination in salary based on colleges. For example an IITan gets roughly 12 lpa at the time of joining where as the numbers are 9 lpa & 6-7.5 lpa for an NITan and other lower tier college grad.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider hikes.
    Dont discriminate new joinees based on their college. Because everyone passed the same selection procedure whether its at IIT or at any private college.

Good company if you want to give time to your family

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsWork Like Balance is best

ConsPromotion is too slow
    Hike is low

Advice to Senior ManagementPlz look at performanceof employee not exp.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

FANTASTIC COMPANY

User Experience Developer V (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsLike anywhere else, your milage may vary depending on team, but overall I have found Oracle to be a fantastic company to work for. Lots of flexibility and the politics are not too bad compared to many other big companies.

- unlimited sick leave is a blessing
    - compensation is above average

Cons- limited professional development opportunities
    - budgets for training and conferences is limited
    - vague / unclear annual review process
    - bonus structure is sketchy at best

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more transparency on how we are being evaluated and some solid rewards for work well done would be a welcome change. My management has been VERY good and I don't have much to complain about except that I would like to know more about the direction of the company and our projects from time to time.

A stable company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat campus and decent employee perks.

ConsLimited work-life balance with long working hours.

Great company to work with, Lots of learning and very good employee benefits

Senior Manager Software Development (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsTechnology company working on cutting-edge technologies, Good working environment, good work culture, great employee benefits, flexible hours, good compensation. Overall great place to work.

ConsOld employee are under paid compared to the new comers and no market correction happens. I guess this is a global problem

Advice to Senior ManagementOld employee are under paid compared to the new comers and no market correction happens.

Account Manager

ProsGreat Benefits and Comp! Great Lakesides location with nice restaurants and great people to work with. Pay-for-

ConsNone that I can think of!

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job, keep doing what you are doing.

Work environment

Consultant (Current Employee) Nairobi (Kenya)

ProsGenerally it a great company to work for. No regrets whatsoever. The organization values there employees and this is a great motivation. Bravo team Oracle.

ConsGenerally it a great company to work for. No regrets whatsoever. The organization values there employees and this is a great motivation. Bravo team Oracle.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Good

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood company to work with
    Product support is good
    Work life balance

ConsNo cons..

Advice to Senior ManagementGood

Pre-Sales

Pre-Sales (Former Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

Prosoffice culture, colleagues, work-life balance

Conspromotion, company values, manager, leadership opportunities

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!