Oracle Reviews

5,558 Reviews

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison
Larry Ellison
3,244 Ratings

Pros
  • The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good (in 721 reviews)

• Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times (in 329 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth (in 97 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth (in 137 reviews)

More Highlights

Oracle from ground level

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  North Sydney
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in North Sydney

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Orace has great opportunities for carrer advancement.

The ability to work anywhere in the world is another advantage when working for a global organisation.

Oracle invests a lot of time and effort in training its employees, both from internal resources as well as externally, through sales training methodologies to management training.

Oracle do take their involvement with Corporate Social Responsibility fairly seriously and encourages staff to be involved as much as possible, this affords you the opportunity to help out in the community.

Cons

The inability of management to provide the tools required by the staff to to their jobs is a major hinderence when working at Oracle.

Due to the differring reporting lines and varying agendas of each business unit, it's very difficult to get a holistic pictur eof what Oracle are ever doing with respect to a specific client at any one point in time.

Find out what we need to do our jobs, then provide us with the best possible tools to do them

Oracle, a good place to hide until retirement.

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant  in  Sydney
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Easy money, good place to hide until retirement!

Cons

Too big, too slow, truly awful internal systems and software. For instance I worked abroad and had to submit all timesheets and expenses twice. Once for my home country and once for the 'billing' country. Everything outsourced to India, I accidentally submitted a timesheet twice, to get it reversed I had to get 7 approvals and supply the guy in india with the row_ids of the timesheets to delete directly on the database.

Shake some life into this cash rich dinosaur.

Great for people who are focused on making sales, regardless on wether the customer needs it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Some good technology acquisitions, although its not easy to see if or how they will be integrated.

Cons

Very focused on the Database. Culturally finds it difficult to accept that the sales process is very different form Database and addons, to most of what they have acquired in the middleware or application tiers.

Need to be more focused on your people instead of quarterly results. Need to understand the clients' business needs instead of trying to maximise license revenue, or using the "license police".

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work, but hard to get into, and little salary growth

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits at Oracle are decent. Your job satisfaction will depend upon the group you are in. The hiring process is long and cumbersome, but once at Oracle, you have many opportunities for changing positions and groups. Your salary is however unlikely to keep up with the market.

Cons

This is a large company and it is hard at times to find out who is doing what. Incentives and compensation growth opportunities are depending upon the group in which you are. Some groups are well taken care of while others are not. It is important to be hired with the highest salary you can get. It is common for employees to get their salary readjusted upon being re-hired (after leaving the company for a few years).

There are no corporate-wide program for the retention of top talent. Managers are given a bonus pool for their entire team, and try to use this pool as best they can to reward top-performers. Very little people leadership with top executives. LJE is not a very inspirational person...

It all depends where your at!

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is great, no micro managing, and access to lots of senior people. But I'm in a unique position which allows that. I have a boss that give me autonomy, and support from senior leaders to act in the best interest of my program.

Cons

The internal bureaucracy is horrible. Internal systems such as expense reporting, procurement, tech support, and any other system for employees is garbage. Employee apps are crap, and internal software is dated and not intuitive. Compensation is slightly below average for tech companies, but not for other Fortune 500's

Fix the internal system, don't make it so hard for the rank and file to get help. Use our own commercial products to help make employees more productive. Give raises, treat your people like you want them to stay.

Good company for freshers

Current Employee - Associate Consultant  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

nice starting package, incentive, less workload

Cons

none to report as of now

Good facilities

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Free coke, WFH option, Awesome facilities- sports, gym

Cons

Too much work sometimes at irregular times

Perfect professional atmosphere

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Though less social activities, we can enjoy working with very friendly managers and peers. Highly appreciate the Oracle Business Values.

Cons

Little more extra activities or sports within the offices can help to raise the energy levels, and eventually help in the progress of the individual and the company.

Senior Managers can be more supportive and engaging with the entry level professionals. Apart from work, some thought for the social concerns can be initiated.

Very good company for married and well settled folks.

Current Employee - QA Engineer  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexibility
    No Dress Code
    No Definite Dead Lines
    Very Minute Work Pressure
    Easy Leave approvals

Cons

No Personal Growth
    No regular Salary increments
    No Bonus
    No Employee Recognition

Value your employees and share the profits by increasing their salaries and paying bonuses regularly.

Senior Consultant @ Oracle

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Perk OK. Product oriented knowledge. Office culture is good

Cons

Salary is average. Approval process is very cumbersome

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!