PAETEC

www.paetec.com

PAETEC Reviews

Updated May 04, 2014
PAETEC – Fairport – “Network Operations Center”

PAETEC Chairman, President, and CEO, PAETEC Corp. and PAETEC Communications Arunas A. Chesonis

Arunas A. Chesonis

Pros
  • Good Benefits were provided by company(in 7 reviews)

• Fun place to work at all times very good sales training open communication with the Friday sales calls with the CEO(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I think most senior management is great, but local management is disastrous(in 5 reviews)

• A sales driven organization (without any regard for the Back Office) in every sense of the word(in 3 reviews)

Company culture changed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rochester, NY (US)

ProsConsistency, good people to work with

ConsCulture of a need to play the game tho move ahead

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge good workers

Unstable enviornment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmart co-workers. Fast paced, and ever changing.

ConsManagement not on same page. Inefficient and unstable.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany is gone, so no advice to management.

This is a company that cared for its employees and actively participated in their advancement.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPAETEC advocated employee advancement and assisted in encouraging a team atmosphere. I felt valued as an employee and enjoyed working for such a company.

ConsIntegrations were slow to happen and legacy factions were allowed to continue rather than fully integrate. Annual layoffs were disruptive and disconcerting.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrations needed to be complete and not allow legacy groups to continue on their own instead of as part of the new company. Also, annual layoffs eliminated valuable resources within the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I really grew my knowledge and skillset at this company and enjoyed the close knit work enviroment

ProsPersonal Growth, Dynamic enviroment. Close knit teams

ConsLimited advancement opportunities. No clear career path

Advice to Senior Managementcreate clear career Paths that empower emplyees to achieve thier goals

it was one of the most unorganized companies to ever work for

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe leads were good and the people that work in the same job that i did were very helpful and friendly and the compensation was great on commission

ConsYou could never get your commission paid on time nor could you ever get the network installed on time for customers that purchased the equipment that you were selling

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your sales teams better managers and more products to sale

Paetec, now Windstream was always on the cutting edge of technology services.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking at Paetec always brought out the best in you, because you had the chance to work along side good people with bright minds, who were were willing to mentor and collaborate.

ConsOffice politics sometimes got in the way of being able to grow and move up within the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people with boots on the ground. They are an integral cog in your business.

Great company culture initially then went south

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsYou have knowledgeable resources like network support staff, nds/se, and product managers. The sales teams are friendly and willing to help.

ConsCompany culture took a downward turn and the "pillars" that held together before started crumbling, specifically, employee opinions and feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to take a look at impacts to the entire org, region, etc in the long run before making any decisions for "attractive" short term metrics.

Compensated fairly, good management

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Fairport, NY (US)

ProsGood pay, great product portfolio to sell

ConsDifficult to advance, difficult to sell against larger competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more paths available for career advancement

A good company that just needs better business process automation.

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Framingham, MA (US)

ProsThe on-boarding was a good experience. Management was helpful at times. They have a pretty good reputation in the industry.

ConsIf you are an SAE or an AE, you are on your own when it comes to list management and development. There is absolutely zero visibility into existing customers, so there is a lot of unnecessary prospecting into untouchable existing customers. Commission structure is antiquated at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe forward thinkers and stop trying to emulate the incumbents.

WINDSTREAM is an unfair employer. Sometimes they care about brown nosing more than results

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

Prostraining, products, network, salary and benefits

ConsManagement is not well prepared. They will fire you if you dont kiss ass regardless of results. They will keep you if you kiss ass regardless of bad results

Advice to Senior ManagementCO needs new leadership

Worked for PAETEC? Contribute to the Community!