PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.2 1,015 reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance(in 91 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea(in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in(in 20 reviews)

1,015 Employee Reviews

Good company, goal oriented

Vice President (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsExciting to be part of a team that was looking to grow within the community. Able to build the business as you see it should be built

Consnone. They should continue to grow the company as they have identifying key locations that there is a need for true old school banking relationships

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good Learning Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to learn new technologies, pay, and being made to feel you are part of the company.

ConsTechnology is dated and infrastructure is lacking. Progress is being made, but there is ways to go. In technology the direction to move into management is targeted towards moving into a Project Manager role before being able to move into a management role.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees and support them. A lot of change is in process in how technology is being driven.

Commercial Loan administrator

Commercial Loan Administrator (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsVery good working atmosphere, Growth oppurtunities with in PNC. Supervisors are willing to help in you move to the next level.

ConsVery low yearly raises. Depeneding on your department it may be difficut to move up to next position

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Project Manager

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

ProsThe Company is highly employee focused

ConsDue to growth, the company has become somewhat beurocratic

Longer interview process

ProsGrowing company in assets and locations

Constoo much micro management between roles

Everyone needs to read this

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers. The branch I work at is very casual, and that's why a lot of our clients love us. Steady part-time hours and decent starting pay (for someone who has had no prior experience in banking). No such thing as a night shift.

ConsThis part is what everyone needs to read. Pnc bank is starting to turn into Bank of America, wells fargo, and chase bank. They implemented high referral goals, and they're putting tons of pressure on branch managers to ensure their staff meet those goals. So what does that mean? It means we have to hound almost every client about some product that they don't need in order for us to get referrals. If you're about to start working at PNC, then I hope you're a good salesman. Also, if you're a full-time college student (like me), then have fun trying to learn about every PNC product along with doing your massive amounts of schoolwork and studying. Another thing you will have to worry about (as a college student) is studying for the 2 exams you have coming up for class and meeting your sales quota for PNC.
    Here's everything in a nutshell: If you want to become a salesman, this job is the right job for you. However, If you don't want to become a salesman......

....then good luck.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the love of Zeus, stop trying to be like Bank of America. We're the 5th largest bank in the United States, and if you all cared about the clients and not about shareholders and money, then your employees would be happier.

Good at fist, but after a few years it was terrible

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThey allow a Felxible work environment

ConsHiring people from outside the bank with a higher salary. Hard to advance. Better off leaving and coming back to make a decent salary

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the people you have if you want good workers to stay

Low pay

Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI (US)

ProsYou could earn fair bonus if you weren't especially lazy. If you sat next to a fun person it wasn't so boring. Lead are generated for you from a list of current and former bank customers. Alright amount of paid vacation. Management was caring and understanding.

Consno simulation. extremely boring you are on a dialer and just wait for someone to pick up their phone. bank customers are super confused when you call them creates a level of distrust with otherwise loyal customers.

Slow promotions and raises

Anonymous (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsWork life balance. Supportive managers (mostly). Steady company. Setup to stay in the company for as long as you want

ConsIt's a grind... You can get promoted but not get a raise. You can only get promoted at a certain timeframe. Very very rigid in terms of red tape for all of this. You'll likely not be rewarded for hardwork, but rather rewarded for time with the company. (i.e. Many of the managers have been there for decades. They might not even have experience in what they're managing but they've stayed around long enough and progressed slow enough that they'll get a promotion before the hard working newbie does.)

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote the hard-working younger talent. Give raises when they're due. Give raises when you give someone a promotion. Look outside salary grades and generic job descriptions when analyzing employees.

Good benefits but salary is very low

Financial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Greensburg, PA (US)

ProsIt's a job and it pays the bills. Kind of!

ConsTo sales driven. Expect to much out of employees. Long hours sometimes 11 hour days. Plus working weekends.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!