PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.2 1,011 reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance(in 91 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea(in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in(in 20 reviews)

1,011 Employee Reviews

A bank where the value of the service exceeds the price keeping the consumer happy

ProsThe people and the enviornment make for a productive yet still stimulating daily experience

ConsThere never seems to be enough time in the day...............

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to all input then make informed decisions

PNC is a great and growing company

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsInstead of pushing products to customer they want you to build a relationship with them and figure out there needs/wants.

ConsThe balance of work life and home life is hard to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful what you pray for.

Great place to work!

ProsCareer Advancement is available and encouraged.

ConsFlexibility with work hours could be more flexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore telecommute job availability.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PNC Senior Processing Specialist

Senior Operations Specialist (Former Employee) Moorestown, NJ (US)

ProsSteady work, willing to teach all factors of lockbox procedures. Flexible schedules when needed. Supervisors work with staff , when necessary to meet deadlines. Supervisors show workers they are appreciated.

ConsLow raises, scheduling problems concerning vacations.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great if upper management would reevaluate the pay scale they are using and upgrade the salaries to a higher scale. The percentage rate of raises comes no where near the cost of living rate.

Great Place if you go with the flow

Financial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

Prostuition reimbursment, benefits, employee recognition, advanced technology, realistic goals, training, expense reimbursment, employee banking perks, great FMLA program

Conslazy managment, office culture between old staff and new staff, rude branch support team members, confusing polcy and procedures, always changing sales products,

Advice to Senior Managementpay branch managers less and pay branch staff more. the staff is the backbone to the company and most branch managers are never in branch and dont know how to do half of the things neccesary to servicing accounts. they constantly rub it in their staffs face how much they make then turn around and ask someone for help with something they should be well versed in doing.

Teller Supervisor

Branch Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Prosreally great co-workers and customers

ConsPay is a joke, management is lazy and untrained and no sense of how to manage or coach, also the back office support team can't be trained because they never have a clue how to help with anything

Great training and mentoring! Friendly and very team-oriented workplace.

Prosworking in teams, comfortable wokplace, lots of recognition, opportunities to learn and grow.

Consno flexible hours, some flaws in the technology and computer systems

This company is terrible to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay, the hours, and the incentives

Consthe people, the environment, and management

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions, perks

CARING MORE & MORE ABOUT SALES.

Prosgreat management at my branch and some others too , paid holidays for full-time (part-time if you workday lands on it), flexible hours / days needed (depending on management), seemed to really care for me as a person - we were family. 401k match if you give 4% , medical, dental, vision, paid volunteer eligibility, travel expense. Raises are only on how well on how you & your branch does. Pay for part time teller is on a scale for about $10ish - 15 (just as a reference - full-time i believe is at a diff scale), relaxing some days (stressful on others when there are long lines/someone calls out), 80% of customers were really great!! Try to ignore the bad ones. Promotion is possibly after you work a year or so in the branch, you can apply somewhere else, but they look mainly on your Gallup score (see below) and achieved referrals. Referrals are basically having a conversation w a customer about a product / service, them interested, getting their #/sit down/appointment, and your platform associate to close the deal; you get paid $6 for closed checking/savings, credit cards, loans/mortagages i believe. $15 for JUST investment sit down. Forgot how much for CCs & loans/mortgages.. If you are a great seller, they will LOVE YOU! and you will probably do great in the company.

ConsHard to move up on the retail side unless you're interested in SELLING!, if you are part-time you get stuck with closing & Saturdays ALWAYS. Gallup is killer; it's a way for PNC to "evaluate" your customer service / sales skills. Less than a 5 is bad. So, you can already tell that is unfair. And if you always get 5s and lets say one 3, your individual, as well as branch score plummets. And PNC cares DEEPLY for it & that system ! I have a friend who got rejected for the position because her score was lower then what they were looking for. And she had been with the company for 5 years. If you are not a seller, you will be disappointed. At least, on the retail side. I can't speak for other areas

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease please please don't bog your employees with referrals. Your regional managers are one of the main reasons i quit . They under-appreciated what was done right and cared more about what was wrong. It devalues employee morale greatly. I am example A. And I can tell you, my whole teller team is unhappy. I understand you are trying to compete, but there are already so many changes going on. PNC is moving too much too quick. I.E. elimination of free checking, diff balance req, many more aggressive goals, new products, new teller systems, etc etc etc. Treat your employees like salesman please . We did not sign up to be on Platform . We are to take care of customers' transactions first !!

Okay if you like to be micro-managed!

Teller (Former Employee) Aurora, OH (US)

ProsFlexible hours, decent pay. Good training program and continuously updated.

ConsCondescending supervisors, excessively micro-managed. Tellers would be penalized for poor customer service surveys for situations out of their control.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to re-think the customer satisfaction surveys. I almost always got perfect scores on the surveys but the one or two times I got a bad review, the customer's real issue had nothing to do with me as a teller but over bank policies that I had no control over. However, I still got penalized and this brought down the morale not just for me but for the whole branch.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!