PNC Financial Services Group

Updated 30 September 2014
1,124 Reviews
3.2
1,124 Reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance (in 101 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management (in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in (in 24 reviews)

• upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea (in 50 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing service

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

The money is amazing and they really care about you. i would never work anywhere else, If you get an offer for a job you better accept.

Worst Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

Was repeatedly harassed and picked on by Assistant Manager for YEARS. She had issues with every single person she ever worked with, made racist comments, abused her position by coming in late and leaving early due to the fact that she did not have to punch in, would literally look for reasons to fire people, and gossiped about everyone in the branch. She had MULTIPLE issues with HR, yet PNC kept her in a management position. I have ZERO respect for a company that blatantly ignores the well being of its employees and turns a blind eye to harassment. That woman is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

If the only common factor with employees issues is the Assistant Manager, perhaps you should turn your investigation to her and look at the obvious. Had I been smarter, I would have documented the years of abuse working under her and would have sued myself.

New hires into finance are not "developed" as promised. College grads can do better elsewhere.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work-life balance is great.

Cons

Pay is mediocre, development program was a sham.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Great Proving Ground

Current Employee - Branch Financial Sales Consultant  in  Belle Vernon, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Financial Sales Consultant in Belle Vernon, PA (US)

Pros

Great corporate training and opportunities for personal growth. I was given the opportunity to travel across the country to help open a branch. I was also asked to participate in networking events to gain clients, and speak to prospective employees at a college job fair.

Cons

Low base pay, no opportunity for over-time, poor sales incentives. Problems with turnover lead to taking on responsibilities of other employees.

The staffing issues are directly related to pay and incentives to sell. Cut down on upper level management to pay employees what they deserve who are dealing with the customers.

no good no goog no good

Current Employee - PCG  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - PCG in Birmingham, AL (US)

Pros

training training training training training

Cons

technology is not as good as they say

support

decent place

Current Employee - Bank Teller  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Pros

great work-life style environment
    good people
    decent pay

Cons

no upward mobility but overall a good place to start a career

PNC Experience

Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Negotiator  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Loss Mitigation Negotiator in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned about the culture of a new organization to the area. PNC taught me investor specifics like I've never learned before. It was refreshing. Advancement opportunities were there as well.

Cons

Management created a culture of employees vs. management. It was uncomfortable and sometimes even hostile.

It is what it is should never be a phrase used to communicate with employees about the direction of the company or directives of the job function.

Nice flexibility but zero feedback or leadership. Management was unprofessional.

Former Employee - UI Developer  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - UI Developer in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I liked that I was able to manage myself, work remotely and had considerable flexibility. I learned a lot, even though I had to learn mostly on my own. I was excited to work on the project I was hired to support. I feel my skill set expanded working there.

Cons

Non-existent management. Never received feedback, good or bad. I was given zero notice when my contract ended, and also not given any exit interview or explanation. After 2 years of doing the work of 3 people, I expected more than that. However, like in any large company, your experience is likely to very depending on what team you are a part of. I wouldn't rule out returning in the future.

I know contractors are by definition temporary, but we do deserve a basic level of respect. I was given no heads up that my contract wasn't going to be renewed after working there for 2 years. I saw my boss a total of 4 times the 2 years that I worked there.

Not Worth It

Current Employee - Branch Financial Sales Consultant  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Financial Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH (US)

Pros

The training, for someone brand new to banking, was superb

Cons

Once hired, they don't seem to care much about their employees. Lateral movement within the company, prefer to hire from outside the company

Decent Company, Low Salary for what is expected of you!

Current Employee - In-Store Financial Sales Consultant  in  Phila, PA (US)
    Current Employee - In-Store Financial Sales Consultant in Phila, PA (US)

Pros

Good work life balance and benefits. Tuition Reimbursement is quite generous. Customers are awesome most of the time. Good company for starters.

Cons

Management micro manages and create sales goals that are very difficult to achieve. If you are good at sales and like being micro managed then this may be the job for you. It always starts great for everyone but that clearly dissipates fast.

STOP MICRO MANAGING!

PNC Financial Services Group Photos

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!