PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.2 1,031 reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance (in 92 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea (in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights
1,031 Employee Reviews

Commercial Loan administrator

Commercial Loan Administrator (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsVery good working atmosphere, Growth oppurtunities with in PNC. Supervisors are willing to help in you move to the next level.

ConsVery low yearly raises. Depeneding on your department it may be difficut to move up to next position

HR department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostime off policies, compensation okay, training okay

ConsNot work/life balance, management, leadership, promotions not based on merit but tenure

...............................

Prosno work on sundays, paid federal holidays

Conssales, high over turn, low base pay

Advice to Senior Management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company To Work For

Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) Pottstown, PA (US)

ProsThis company has the best benefits of any employer I've worked for. They offer health, dental, vision, educational assistance, vacation time, and many other little benefits like employee stock purchase program and health coaches. Bonuses are earned based off of production and customer service scores.

ConsThe biggest downfalls is the salary. Sometimes I do the work of 3 people and I feel that I am not appropriately compensated. You do get a quarterly bonus for customer service skills but if the branch fails, even if you have perfect shops, you don't get compensated.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to recognize those who work hard and reward them for it.

Longer interview process

ProsGrowing company in assets and locations

Constoo much micro management between roles

Great so far, depends on the manager as well

Associate Investment Advisor (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

Prosgreat work life balance, growth opportunities, nice working environment, great learning opportunities
    depends on the person as well, hard work does pay off

ConsPay is well below the industry average, technology is not upto the mark
    high turnover rate for employees. Finds it difficult to hold on to good talent. Probably because of lower pay than peers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave to look into the pay system. It is a very competitive world out there.
    Have to evolve with time and stay upto the mark in terms of technology

Good company overall. Some upper management can be a pain, but it depends on what region you are in.

ProsHours, good team work, lots of room for moving up in the company

Conscompensation could be a little better

Lack of communication

Relationship Expander (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits are decent.

ConsWorkload can be extremely busy. Difficult to navigate the necessary computer programs in order to service the customer. Was told to assume the customer was a "fraudster" when calling in.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo touchy-feely. Every friday, employees got together and recognized something we were grateful for. While it was nice getting out 30 minutes early, I don't think it's necessary to promote the mindless ego-boost that usually ensued. Work on making it easier for the representatives to service the customer.

CSA, Great Rewards, Low Stress

CSA/Switcher (Former Employee) Clarksville, IN (US)

ProsConsidering the push in sales in banking, PNC makes you feel as if you should only match products with what customers actually need, and that's something you can feel good about. Referrals are necessary, of course, but the incentive is awesome. I left for family. If not for that, there was great potential to advance. The KY/IN market has an exceptional team.

ConsNone of us particularly liked lobby engagement, which was policed by regionals. However, it really did make a difference when practiced properly- for safety and customer needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe old workplace banking (pre-fall 2013 changes) was a great program, though maybe not practical for business with the old model, but sometimes offering the customer a great product trumps business sense in the long run. I saw a drop in my ability to sell premium products after the products changed.

Overall, corporate training program is definitely top-notch. Company is taking measures to improve working environment.

Internal Auditor (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsTraining was definitely a great positive along with exposure to various aspects of bank/corporate structure. Company believes in a work-life balance for its employees.

ConsDifficulty to move on to other positions. There are limited opportunities if management is not in support of what you want to do.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!