PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
Employer Engaged

Great entry level job!

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

I was able to learn a lot in a short amount of time what can take years with other banks. I really enjoyed working with great coworkers who were always your backup. Some customers were impatient, but I liked to make them smile after transaction.

Cons

Company has huge turnover due to low pay, incentives and replacing people with machines. Sometimes it is hard to move one with this company, some people are still tellers even if they have great knowledge and experience.

Good Company, with not so great benefits, and subpar compensation.

Current Employee - H R
    Current Employee - H R

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

High focus on employee and client engagement, lots if training/coaching, not a high pressured sales culture. Pension plan!- I love PNC for the pros, it is not a bad place to come and work everyday. I have worked in other banks where I dragged my feet everyday, however I like the people I work with, the culture, and the bank as a whole.

Cons

Benefits are mediocre, compensation and annual raises are horrible. Marketing is not so great either compared to competition. - This is my biggest gripe. I have been here almost 10 years. 5 years in I took almost a 10% cut in pay because of a realignment to my position, and since then I have less than 2% annual compensation raises. After 10 years in, I am finally looking to move out. I am tired of them always drilling expense management. When it comes to employees, we are just an expense, and even though they act like they care, and preach employee engagement, they fail to "put their money where their mouth is"...

Take a hard look at your strategy to keep exisiting employees. You are about to lose many. I think that will become evident this year as the job market strengthens and you lose employees to competitors

Ok place to work

Current Employee - Teller Supervisor
    Current Employee - Teller Supervisor

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Low sales goal. Hour lunch

Cons

Terrible ins plan, terrible commission, salary, advancement and more I can't remember

Have more ABM positions open to have room for advancement. Pay more, change your payout structure. Change the way teller supervisors are paid and work....

Sales

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Good benefits, 401 k health benefits and other benefits

Cons

Low pay, must meet sales numbers

Great place to work. Bonuses are hard to reach

Former Employee - Consumer Default Agent in Oshtemo, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Consumer Default Agent in Oshtemo, MI (US)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and very nice managers in the credit default area. They have a solid training program and a great vacation policy if you meet your hours.

Cons

The bonuses became harder to reach than years prior. Criteria for making good calls got very lengthly and difficult to do.

Upper Management

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Great employees and communications. Great technology and services PNC really engage with Grow up Great is a great advantage for kids educations

Cons

Upper management never visits the branches and they just ask you for more more and want us to do everything and get more stuff. Also blame the region been short because the branches. Staff inquiring to see upper management more often. Company just want more widgets widgets. Incentives now are horrible.

Be more proactive and reliable

Okay place

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy, structured, you know exactly what is expected of you, decent chance of promotion.

Cons

Higher management gives out rules and expectations without frequent visits to the branch. Depends on the region you work in on your promotion outlook.

Visit the branches more, get to know the customer base at each region, because it is very different from region to region.

Low pay high stress

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Coworkers are great. PNC provides opportunities for advancement. There is plenty of training to prepare you for your career.

Cons

It is a very stressful work environment. Pay does not reflect the amount of work or stress. Part of your personal bonus is based off of Gallup survey scores for you and your coworkers. One bad apple or one rude/unreasonable customer affects everyone's bonus. There is a ton multitasking and juggling of responsibilities. It is extremely difficult to keep everything in order.

You invest a lot in employee onboarding and training. Invest a little more in salaries to retain employees.

Teller Full Time

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training
    Great management
    Great coworkers.

Cons

Too many constant changes
    Unrealistic sales goals
    Mandatory sales goals
    Poor pay for job duties
    No Job security
    Little job growth

There are constant policy and procedure changes which can make working difficult. Many employees are told/taught different things, which can lead to customer/client frustration and poor performance.

Pnc pays the least compared to any other bank. They keep eliminating positions and giving current employees those additional tasks with no pay increase. Sales goals have recently become mandatory, if you don't make your goals by your performance review, you will have 3 months to improve or you will be terminated. Thus there isn't much job security. The low pay, constant policy/procedure changes, along with the lack of job security makes this job extremely stressful. If your looking for a living wage this is not the job for you.

Great Company!

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Growth opportunity! Great company to work for!

Cons

Work life balance was not that great!

PNC Financial Services Group Photos