PS Business Parks

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph D. Russell Jr.

Great company!

Property Manager (Current Employee) Richardson, TX (US)

ProsI started working at PS Business Parks about 3-4 months ago. I immediately felt part of the team and at home with the company. Everyone that I have come in contact with thus far from my local office to the Home Office has been nothing but extremely helpful and patient with me while learning the ropes for the new company. I feel empowered to do my job without being micromanaged and there is always someone willing to help with questions or suggestions.

ConsSo far, I can honestly say that I haven't run into any challenges other than any normal day to day challenges that this job faces.

Changing careers for the better.

Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) Hayward, CA (US)

ProsPSBP is a career path entity, no matter what avenue you travel in upon. Company wide support to your growth and success is always priority from your management as well as coworkers. Having a company with decent benefits, PTO and holidays off is an excellent choice for me.

Conspersonally, my biggest con would be that I didnt find this job 10 years earlier.

Advice to Senior Managementalways have a vested interest in the opinions and local knowledge of your staff. it keeps our ball rolling in a positive direction.

Great company to work for!

Property Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsThe stability of upper management and of the company, small company feel, growth opportunities. The home office created a new position for learning and development at the end of 2013, and there has been an increase in training classes and development tools. You do need at minimun a bachelors degree for management positions, but that is a common standard now for larger companies. The top executives are very friendly and personable, and make a point to talk to each employee when visiting offices around the country. There are also many long term employees that are available to assist new employees.

ConsIt would be nice if there were education assistance opportunities in the benefits package.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince there are many existing employees without degrees, it would be great if there were financial assistance available for college courses.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strong public REIT offers long-term careers

Leasing Director (Current Employee)

ProsPS Business Parks is a very stable company. For a company of this size and presence it feels like a small company. For example, employees on the property management and leasing level have exposure to the executive level. Time off and benefits are comparable to most larger corporations. Work and personal life balance are both understood and promoted. Hard work and success will result in being noticed by management and executives and ultimately, upward mobility and potentially a long-term career.

ConsOften times new employees are required to hit the ground running. New hire training is improving however many functions of each job are only learned by trial by error. Most functions of each job are performance based and often times include high pressure to perform.

Good Thus Far

ProsThis is a company that recognizes people who are willing to put forth full effort into their work. With that being said, there is good work/life balance, friendly staff and overall good environment. Overall, good experience thus far.

ConsWhen starting out, they pair you up with a mentor to help you become more aquainted with the company, policies, and about the position you will take on. At times, it is difficult to figure out how to do things because everyone does it their own way.

Advice to Senior Managementwould like to see more team building

Wonderful Experience for Leasing or Property Management!

(Current Employee)

ProsThe offices are small and get along well together. They try to keep office morale up by supplying bagels and casual dress on Fridays. They also host occasional potlucks and host a birthday lunch/cake for employees. Benefits are pretty great with three weeks of vacation (not including sick) after the first year of employment (two weeks the first) and they generally allow you to leave early before major holidays. Pay is wonderful too and they have decent insurance options. I would definitely say the people make the job worth while!

ConsThey do not have many learning opportunities available - you just get thrown in and are expected to figure it out. They also make it difficult to move up in the company. You are required to have a college degree to be anything above an administrative assistant and even then, you only get promoted if someone quits or they create a new position (although that rarely happens).

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make better opportunities for people to expand and grow within the company and offer better training for new hires. In addition, the level of customer service provided to your customers can be improved.

Little help when you're new.

ProsPeople are friendly but too busy to help you learn. Some benefits are comparable to other companies and others are not as good such as the amount the employee pays for insurance.

ConsRecently started and was just thrown into position. I expected at least some training. The expectation to figure things out and do your job without being provided the tools to learn is disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a training program and resources for help. People in office are too busy or don't have the knowledge for your position.

PS Business Parks is a great company with wonderful people to work with!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR (US)

ProsPS Business Parks has amazing employees who help create a great work environment. They also offer good benefits and care about the well being of their employees. Overall, PS Business Parks is a successful business to work for with opportunities to grow within it.

ConsOne of the cons would be that the office is open on Christmas Eve.

Great company where the individual makes an impact

Leasing Director (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsThis is a finacially strong company that allows its leasing team to negotiate deals. The goals and targets are clear. There is direct access to the senior executives on big deals, and decisions are made very quickly. The best part is that this company supports teamwork between leasing and property managment. Everyone is fun to work with, and supportive in attaining goals.

ConsThe company is lean, but everyone works hard. No slackers allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the health care benefits less expensive for the employees.

Worst company to start your career in

Property Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsIf you stick around for 5 years or so then you can join the club of employees who don't get much time and take home a pay check

ConsLittle pay, long hours, no opportunity to grow, worst benefit package ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to have a anonymous hotline to report other employees for unethical conduct.

Worked for PS Business Parks? Contribute to the Community!