Pacific Hospital of Long Beach

Updated Apr 06, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Working with people

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBusy, wonderful coworkers, good hours, good pay

ConsCan't make own decisions , management does it

It was great while it lasted....

Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsThe people were the best. Very caring.

Consaaargh. we worked so hard to improve all the processes....

Advice to Senior ManagementYou had a great thing, why did you have to mess it up?

phlb

Director BHU (Former Employee)
Carfoucherie (Lebanon)

I worked at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach full-time for more than a year

Prosgood sense of community, good care

Consprivate for profit takes precedance over all else

Advice to Senior Managementimprove staffing and salaries

Good pay but a bad place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach

ProsThe company hires great employees.

ConsThe company provides little to no benefits.

Great benefits and a true opportunity for upward mobility.

Fleet Manager (Current Employee)
Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLeadership at this hospital is easily accessible. There are several ways to communicate with top levels through an idea box, President Forums, and an open door policy.

The benefits are really good. Paid time off is very generous. There's even educational assistance.

I think that those with a desire to succeed and make a difference will find this place a perfect fit.

ConsParking is prioritized for patients and visitors, so parking for employees is a bit of a challenge.

awesome benefits, cool management, and the Lean program makes it all work.

Web Branding Specialist (Current Employee)
Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach full-time for more than a year

ProsThe benefits are much more than you can ask for - especially the system for sick and vacation days. Pay is pretty competitive. The management is sociable and friendly. They are attentive and generally do what it takes to to help you succeed at your position. Lean is a big part of that. With a very active Lean program, regular employees/line staff can shape how their job is done, improve upon antiquated processes, and make their own work easier and more efficient by creating policies to do just that. That's HUGE. If you've ever worked in a company where you had to do some seemingly pointless, monotonous task over and over and were just like... "why do we have to do it this way? It's taking forever. How dumb!"... you probably had no way around it. With Lean, you are ENCOURAGED to point this type of thing out and, you yourself - the actual person doing the task, can change and improve it however you see fit. In other jobs, you can usually only give suggestions which will often be forgotten or ignored due to the higher ups being too busy to look it over and make changes to the process/policy. Lean allows you to contribute. That makes my job much more personally fulfilling.

ConsThough there are holiday events going on pretty regularly and the activities committee and other committees do their best to create a pleasant/fun hospital environment, it's not quite Google campus. But, I suppose my perspective is a little skewed because I'm in a tech position and major tech companies like google tend to spend a lot on this type of thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know we're working on it already, but we have to find a better way to include different shifts and campuses in events/activities. Or at least get a better lunch delivery system for to the other campuses.

Keep on looking for a job...stay away from this hospital

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach full-time for more than a year

ProsNice people to work with

ConsPoor senior leadership
HR is useless

good clinical work but poor management

Case Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach

Prosclinical work and patient population

Consmanagement weak and environment unprofessional

Pacific Hospital is a great place to work!

I have been working at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach

ProsA very fast paced changed-oriented hopsital. As a stand-alone facility with top-notch business managers in place the facility has maintained it's market position dispite the economic turndown. The is a constant focus on quality in all areas and eveyone is encourage and expected to the right thing at all times.

Cons401K plan's matching contribution was eliminated recently. Getting through the hiring process in H.R.can be challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the issues in Human Resources.

Worked for Pacific Hospital of Long Beach? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach reviews and ratings. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Hospital of Long Beach employees.