Pall

Updated 22 November 2014
2.3

Pall President & CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley
Lawrence D. Kingsley

Pros
  • Great people that love their jobs despite poor management (in 5 reviews)

• work life balance is great, I didn't see many people stay in the office after 6pm (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high level of dissatisfaction among the sales managers in India regarding their remuneration packages (in 4 reviews)

• They just added time to do things that ultimately, no one cared about anyway (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Cost focused

Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager in Brisbane
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager in Brisbane

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company looks after it's staff. High quality of accommodation when travelling for company

Cons

It's hard to move up the ladder. Focus on cost's is huge. No new products. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Plenty of managers trying to justify their existence - complex management structure. Little opportunity for employees to voice their thoughts on company direction. Sales Incentive Plan does not provide incentive to perform. Sales projections don't reflect the existing market conditions - too high for industry down turn.

Improve the work life balance. Let employees have a voice that is listened to, backed up with results rather than empty promises.

PALL is a Great company with Great products but the worst management culture. Particularly within Asia

I have been working at Pall full-time

Pros

Interesting technologies and product development programs. There are also some very gifted and professional people within the group.

Cons

Disconnected senior managers and a cancerous culture of poor leadership capabilities being rewarded and a focus on shareholder return rather than employee retention.

Learn to motivate with training and mentor-ship not through fear of termination. There is a work culture inconsistent with modern work life that deems the employee as a necessary evil from a P&L standpoint rather than a valued team member contributing to the success of the P&L.

unhappily short - made redundant despite excellent review

Former Employee - BDM in Sydney
    Former Employee - BDM in Sydney

I worked at Pall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had a great job with good work/life balance

Cons

way too much politics and managerial confusion regarding business direction

Not what it used to be

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Pall

Pros

Started off as a wonderful experience. Company provided training and rewarded employees.

Cons

Budget cuts eliminated training and most of the R&D group. Low morale

Stick to Pall's value which is filtration. Don't go into a certain market just because the new leadership is familiar with it.

I have good boss and team

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lucky I have a very good boss, he gave my plenty opportunities and I learned a lot. I had very happy 3 years here
    Free fruits and drink

Cons

Organization structure keep on changing and changing. hard to get the sustaining pictures
    Although CEO keep on mentioning we made very good profit, but it didn't reward to employee
    Overall I don't think it's a people company

Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Southern, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Southern, LA (US)

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pretty good salary. Nice vacation package. Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Outside sales people treated poorly. Expectations constantly were changing and so it was hard to meet obligations sometimes. Lots of good-ol-boy mentality. Worked here before Eric Krasnoff left, so can't speak of the atmosphere today.

Learn to respect employees more.

Awaful

I have been working at Pall as a contractor

Pros

No reason to work here.

Cons

In my opinion, Pall is a No value, No credit company

In my experience, HR has no clue that there are other counrties including Canada exists on this earth. Their slowest response with full of errors ruined my desire to work at Pall.

However, after reading the reviews of past & current employees, I am glad I am not working here!

Pall is a garbage fire of an organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY (US)

I have been working at Pall full-time

Pros

Getting paid on time. Some decent people work here. If you hate career advancement you will love Pall.

Cons

Everything else. Pall is very cheap, below average raises and salaries. Management is a disorganized mess who treat employees like trash. This is a dead end company with nowhere to go.

Take your big stock options and leave. That would be the best.

Awful pay and deceptive HR practices. Beware!

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't think of a good reason to recommend working here. There is literally no advantage to working here over anywhere else.

Cons

The company doesn't pay anywhere near market rates. Line management and HR are out of sync on what employee positions are and what they're pay should be. Make sure you get everything in writing, you'll need it later. Without a doubt, this was the worst the worst experience of my career.

Get your HR function under control. There are some seriously outrageous abuses of your people happening through there.

Goals have become very short term and focused on financial performance only at the expense of technology leadership.

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Pall full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very diversified company. Good exposure to both Life Sciences and Industrial business. Benefits in general are good but the endless cost cutting is taking a toll.

Cons

Senior leadership's goals are clearly short term. Financial community seems to not notice the complete lack of a long term strategy. Benefits and resource cost cutting are being offset by excessive executive compensation.

Develop a strategy for the future beyond the next quarter, one that reaches beyond the Power Point phase. The lack of fresh ideas is truly bleak.