Pall Reviews

Updated 25 August 2014

2.7

Pall President & CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley
Lawrence D. Kingsley

Pros
  • Great people that love their jobs despite poor management (in 5 reviews)

• Enganginging with cutting edge technology (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high level of dissatisfaction among the sales managers in India regarding their remuneration packages (in 4 reviews)

• They just added time to do things that ultimately, no one cared about anyway (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Cost focused

Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager  in  Brisbane
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager in Brisbane

I have been working at Pall full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company looks after it's staff. High quality of accommodation when travelling for company

Cons

It's hard to move up the ladder. Focus on cost's is huge. No new products. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Plenty of managers trying to justify their existence - complex management structure. Little opportunity for employees to voice their thoughts on company direction. Sales Incentive Plan does not provide incentive to perform. Sales projections don't reflect the existing market conditions - too high for industry down turn.

Improve the work life balance. Let employees have a voice that is listened to, backed up with results rather than empty promises.

PALL is a Great company with Great products but the worst management culture. Particularly within Asia

I have been working at Pall full-time

Pros

Interesting technologies and product development programs. There are also some very gifted and professional people within the group.

Cons

Disconnected senior managers and a cancerous culture of poor leadership capabilities being rewarded and a focus on shareholder return rather than employee retention.

Learn to motivate with training and mentor-ship not through fear of termination. There is a work culture inconsistent with modern work life that deems the employee as a necessary evil from a P&L standpoint rather than a valued team member contributing to the success of the P&L.

unhappily short - made redundant despite excellent review

Former Employee - BDM  in  Sydney
    Former Employee - BDM in Sydney

I worked at Pall full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a great job with good work/life balance

Cons

way too much politics and managerial confusion regarding business direction

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great history of innovation and quality

Former Employee - Production Technician  in  Hauppauge, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Production Technician in Hauppauge, NY (US)

I worked at Pall full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training and salary / benefits. The work environment is clean and safe. Unless you have a college education you will only go so far and that is just fine.

Cons

No regard for a persons sleep habits or personal time. You are considered another piece of equipment to be used when necessary and to be let go of whenever they need to hire another vice president. This unfortunately is a sign of the times. Corporate greed at its very best.

You may all sleep better at night if you would realize your employees deserve some respect as human beings. Some of you may feel this is just the way a business is run properly and others are just trying to climb the ladder stepping on other peoples fingers as you go. Karma will most likely be the winner in the end.

Great benefits but no heart

I worked at Pall

Pros

Great benefits. Winter break. Some nice people.

Cons

Work almost around the clock with no acknowledgement. Some people very cold and rude. People fired a month after hurricane sandy.

Show some heart

Lot's of Potential

I have been working at Pall full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Friendly people who are very smart and intelligent. Benefit package is very good. Company execs have sent stock price through the roof. Huge emphasis on quality and creating new products. Workplace is very clean.

Cons

Local leadership is lacking. They are not on the same page and make decisions that don't make sense. Later on the workers have to work overtime to clean up the mess. Management believes in working short handed and don't schedule properly. Management doesn't care much about the workers.

Treat workers better

Great experience, difficult upward mobility

Current Employee - TFF Applications R&D Engineer I  in  Westborough, MA (US)
    Current Employee - TFF Applications R&D Engineer I in Westborough, MA (US)

I have been working at Pall as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Pall has allowed me to get some great hands-on experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry. It provided me with a balance of lab work, analysis, and reporting, greatly enhancing my professional skills.

Cons

I have been working as a contractor for almost 2 years and there seems to be little opportunities for that to turn into a full time position. From my conversations with others, it also seems that upward mobility and promotions from within are rare.

Weak local management that does not allow career advancement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cortland, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cortland, NY (US)

I worked at Pall full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good corporate benefits and policys

Cons

At local level people are not happy with management. Hostile work environment with no room for personal growth.

Start treating employees with respect and fairness.

World Class organization chasing Wall Street valuation at the expense of people

I worked at Pall full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed working close to home.

Cons

Constant restructuring that left many very competant, qualified employees unemployed.

Don't neglect your Systems business

Overall, a good experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Port Washington, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY (US)

I have been working at Pall full-time for more than a year

Pros

During my time here, I have had the opportunity to grow professionally, and work with many smart, qualified, friendly, and all around good people. My peers, supervisors, and subordinates all bring a lot to the table in a great team environment.

There are, regularly, opportunities to learn more about the business, operations, finance, or other facets of executing on the corporation's strategic objectives, if you seek them out.

Cons

On the flip side, compensation is extremely sub-par for the area. This is a huge pain point personally, and I perceive it as a constant threat to my ability to retain employees. Look at almost any salary survey for the area, subtract upwards of 40%, and you'll be in the ball park of what Pall will offer you.

Pall has some great technology, but doesn't utilize it well. A common source of frustration is that many processes are still paper based, when the technology exists or is already in place to automate the task or perform it in an electronic format. I don't know about you, but I think having to get paper forms signed, reviewed, or approved is so 1980s.

Generally, some of the communication initiatives that have been undertaken make senior management seem more approachable and open to discussing the business. That's good, and should continue.

With the noted employee concerns about compensation in the NY area, and your quite understandable focus on delivering shareholder value, you should probably consider relocating HQ to a more cost effective location. There is certainly somewhere that you could procure equivalent facilities, talented employees, and pay a lower overall tax and compensation burden while at the same time satisfying everyone's needs. Just a thought.

Worked for Pall? Contribute to the Community!