Paradise Bakery & Café

Paradise Bakery & Café Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

David Birzon

Great but not filling.

General Manager (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsOpportunity to grow but there is a cap on that growth and you will learn that pretty quickly.

ConsUpper management doesn't follow the rules. DM's have favorite GM's and soon you release your on the outside and your career comes to a halt.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the rules yourself.

Lack of Respect leads to poor performance

Supervisor (Former Employee) Allen, TX (US)

ProsTaking home leftover cookies.

ConsTheir top priority is money. Some customers and co-workers were rude. High turnover rate for employees and General Manger.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should promote a better working atmosphere which would lead to happier employees and better business.

Abysmal

Associate (Former Employee) Mesa, AZ (US)

ProsThe coworkers I had were alright, for the most part. The job itself wasn't bad at all, but the Signal Butte/Baseline location was horrible.

ConsThe most dysfunctional group of managers I've ever worked with. One chewed dip inside the restaurant while on the clock, one ignored blatant health violations and had an excuse for everything, and another harassed the employees daily about a dress code that she didn't even follow.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never again.

Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) Avondale, AZ (US)

ProsPeople are fun to work with.

ConsAnyone could call out thirty minutes before their shift began. It messed up the closing crew ALL the time. Worked more than scheduled all the time. Very busy environment and always running out of food!

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a no calling out policy and stop favoring people.

The employees made the job more enjoyable than the employers.

Pros(Kind of) flexible hours, decent pay, good food

ConsThe employers (my bosses) were not accommodating at all with my un-posted schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more reasonable.

Easy job to work while in school

Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGood environment, friendly co-worker and customers. Discounts on food and being able to try new foods. Fun cashier job.

ConsNo real growth, pay was not enough

Great Co-Workers, management was the issue. Not open to cross-training. Had to train myself on multiple stations.

Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) Tigard, OR (US)

ProsGood co-workers, competitive pay, flexible with time off, good food and discounts for employees.

ConsManagement, no real opportunity to move up, not friendly to student schedules

Kitchen Lead

Kitchen Lead (Former Employee) Carmel, IN (US)

ProsStart work early get done early, Good amount of freedom to express issues, self solve problems, great deal of responsibility that does earn respect, self gratification, Dealing with customers one on one making everyone one of them happy.

Consincompetent management staff, Lack of interview skills will not prevent you from working here and messing up everyones day or weeks, managers cant pick good help, 4 managers and 4 sets of rules, GM condescending with a lack luster attitude

Advice to Senior Managementcohesiveness will make your ship float, Good job on product training!

Great place to work

Supervisor (Former Employee) Mesa, AZ (US)

ProsGreat environment, great people and great food! I absolutely loved working here and wish I could go back!

ConsIt is a little bit like working in high school is the only problem I had. There really is no escaping the young hires that they have.

Paradise Bakery was a great employer that provided many opportunities for my future.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are willing to work hard and put the time in, Paradise Bakery will reward you with growth opportunities and professional development.

ConsParadise is continuously going through change and can be hard to deal with for some people.

Worked for Paradise Bakery & Café? Contribute to the Community!