Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros
  • Amazing base salary and commission structure (in 10 reviews)

• If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Hard work = $$

Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat pay, great benefits, great training!! I am rewarded for the hard work that I have put in, and I able to continue to grow. I work closely with my managers and other team members to be successful. This position will never be a position where you can cruise under the radar. You have to continue to work hard to be successful!

ConsLong hours, and PTO time. Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult. There is a lot to learn and with being in sales - I want to be successful quickly, so there is training and things I had to take home to complete. There are also time where I had to stay late or come in early to get everything complete. However, once I get a handle on everything I know I will have a better work life balance. Also, PTO isn't great year 1, but it gets better with year 2 and on!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing your reps, AND helping your reps!

Corporate Sales Recruiter

Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsPaycom recruiting team is a family. We work hard together and play hard together. We strive for excellence daily staffing the nation with the best of the best. We had a tough job that is balanced with a supportive management, equally driven team members, and a rewarding compensation plan that reminds you that hard work always pays off!

ConsYou will not work 8 to 5 daily and may have to be more flexible at times to cater to our product ..." people." The great people do not come to us. Sales and cold calling is something you will do on a day to day basis. If you're comfortable with that, you are set !

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreased amount of vacation time could increase productivity of employees and also create a more attractive opportunity to candidates.

management- continue to push us hard and provide us with tools to be successful

Great Opportunity

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsWe work very hard for the success we have but the reward is there waiting on the other side. The growth within the company is there, you just need to decide if it's something your willing to work for!

ConsSales is demanding and sometimes you need a couple extra days to unwind and be with your family, friends, ect. So vacation days is something I think should be looked into.

Advice to Senior ManagementVacation time

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excited to part of a winning team!

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsCulture, training, career paths in almost every department, true leaders driving the boat, passionate managers and people across the organization. Protected territories, competitive comp plan where they treat me like the executive that I am.

ConsBecause of the nature of our business and the importance of always being here to service our amazing customers the holidays are a time we need to be in the office. However when we are here it is a great environment and management shows their appreciation!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with healthy lunch options, thank you for the beautiful new facility in OKC.

Amazing Culture and Compensation

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsUncapped earning potential and career growth opportunities, amazing product, great people! Can't imagine ever working anywhere else!

ConsHave to be willing to put in the hard work to experience all the many benefits Paycom has to offer. The only people I know that aren't happy here are not applying themselves and thus not seeing the success that's inevitable with a positive attitude and hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to change. Such a fast growing company sometimes we are focused so much on the sales and operations of our business that we neglect our own issues we could make better through embracing change and new ideas.

New experience every day!

Client Relations Representative (Current Employee)

ProsPaycom is a growing company and there is a lot of room for upward mobility for all Paycom employees, regardless of role. There is a great culture where managers and supervisors really encourage their employees to shine. I feel professionally challenged every day; I can safely say no two days are alike, but that's a great thing. I am constantly on my toes and am viewed as a valuable resource by my clients and colleagues alike.

ConsI would say the only thing I would change specifically about working for Paycom is I do wish the vacation policy allowed for some more time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management is to keep it up! Paycom treats the employees really well and truly listens to them for feedback, which is fantastic.

Great environment!!

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsThere are great people working here! There are many benefits to working at Paycom. They provide $1 health insurance, company luncheons, catered lunches, and many different company functions.

ConsThe pay for my position is a bit low for the amount of stress the work causes. They have black out periods every quarter and year end. This job requires a lot of overtime.

Amazing opportunity with young, rapidly growing company

Dallas sales rep (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Pros-Very high earning potential. Actually kind of crazy how real the money is
    -Training is top priority. CSO Jeff York is a consummate business leader and sales professional. Very hands on for a top executive. Trainings happen two to three times weekly, as they are always trying to make you better. Dallas manager Glen Love has been instrumental in my success, and he actually cares about making you better.
    -Sell a superior product. Makes the job easier, and you can sleep easy when you truly believe in the product you sell. Let's just say that if I ever got fired, I could never work for another HRIS vendor.
    -By far the most tenured support team for implementation and ongoing support. Puts your mind at ease that your clients are well taken care of.
    -Just went public in April 2014. Execs are nothing short of genius. Excellent business plan and strategy. Extremely proactive in growth initiatives.
    -Close team atmosphere. Great learning from tenured reps.

I feel very lucky to be working for Paycom.

ConsOffice is in Lewisville near 121 and I-35. I live in Dallas so it's a bit of a drive, and I'm in the office for some part of Monday Tuesday and Friday.

Given the resources provided, I have found that you are only limited by what you put into it. I work about 45 hours per week, and I'm above plan. It's not difficult if you follow instructions and execute the processes set forth by CSO Jeff York. The process works. I will say this--there's a steep learning curve. If you aren't willing to put your nose to the grindstone until you learn the sales process and the product, this may not be a good fit. Also, do not bother applying for Paycom if you think you have a the greatest sales methodology of all time, and aren't willing to learn and adapt. Lastly, you're going to fail and fall flat on your face some at the beginning. If that bothers you, again, maybe not a good fit.

After being here a year, I would estimate that about 90% of turnover happens in the first year. If you can tough it out, you'll be rewarded with ridiculous compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems like if I start thinking of something that could be better, that thing is improved before I have said anything to anyone. Corporate culture is strong, and each department of the business seems obsessed with being the gold standard for the industry. Most of the execs wealth is tied up in Paycom equity, so they have every reason in the world to be fully committed to the long-term success of the business. Paycom is awesome. If you're thinking of applying, do it.

Challenging but worth it!

Outside B2B Sales Representative (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsOne of the best reasons to work at Paycom is the opportunity for growth. From day one of working at Paycom there is a plan for growth and you start training for that as soon as you start. There are unlimited amounts of training, different challenges that have to be faced daily, and tons of communication from upper management. This career has given me the opportunity to not only grow as a professional, but also in my personal life. Working with executives everyday has given me the tools to succeed and continue to grow in the path I want!

ConsSome of the challenges at Paycom are that the sales representative is involved throughout the entire lifecycle of the sales process. I say that in a good way because being involved and seeing the entire process come full circle is the best feeling knowing that it was you who got the company up and running and had a collaborative team that worked together to bring a great outcome for the client. Although it is very challenging having to balance the sales and setup process it only makes you a stronger business professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management at Paycom cares about your growth within the company. When you bring a new client onboard you are recognized throughout the entire company and given the opportunity to share your success story to other representatives. We have weekly meetings with our direct manager to go over our goals, plan and any help we need reaching those for the week.

Happy Employee

Sale Representative (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

Pros*The opportunity for growth within the company is huge / Paycom is growing drastically.
    *Best Culture I have experienced, especially in a stressful job.
    *You will see as much success as the work you put in.
    *Ability to make as much money as you're willing to work for.
    *You feel the support from the entire company, you can tell you are valued at Paycom whether you have been with Paycom for 6 months or 5+ years.

ConsThere aren't many cons about this job. The job is hard, but nothing worth having comes easy.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!