Paycom

Updated 18 August 2014

4.4

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • Amazing base salary and commission structure (in 10 reviews)

• If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

A top-notch company with good people and great benefits!

Pros

Paycom is a great place to work! Fortunately for me, this is my first job out of college, which makes me a little spoiled. Paycom provides its employees with all the tools to be great successes! $1 health coverage, subsidized lunches, on campus gym and company events are just a few perks you get at Paycom. It's a fun environment with lots of opportunity for growth. I am loving my job and the people I work with!

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about Paycom. Vacation in your first year is minimal, but when you love where you work it's not too bad.

Keep hiring great people and continuing to be great leaders to your employees

Wow! Wonderful company culture, excellent product, good work/life balance, GREAT compensation!

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Austin, TX (US)

Pros

Paycom genuinely cares about their employees. Health benefits are amazing, the training is comprehensive and thorough, and the opportunities are endless. Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career. This company is only going to continue to grow and get better.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

Keep up the good work!

No Work/Life Balance

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  DFW, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in DFW, TX (US)

Pros

Great opportunity for amazing compensation

Cons

Very political, poor management (condescending), they play favorites like nobody's business, poor company/sales ethics, no work/life balance, inadequate training on set-up processes for clients, job isn't just sales - includes ALL prospecting, selling and setting up new clients

Management needs to work on motivating their employees through other ways than scare tactics and making them feel as if they are less of a person if they mess up a call, or lose a sale. Invest in helping the sales reps - give sales the time to sell and give them the tools/help to prospect other than completely on their own (buy leads lists that aren't 10 years old, hire a small team to help prospect across the company).

Paycom Response

Mar 13, 2014Representative

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing difficulties in your current role. We do expect a lot from our sales reps including prospecting and setting up new clients, which is a competitive advantage and why ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have worked as a full-time outside sales rep for over four years.

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Paycom sincerely cares about the people that make up their organization! Everything they do is backed by integrity and is designed to develop business acumen, grow individuals personally and professionally, and provide financial security that is uncapped!

Cons

The structure at Paycom is very clearly defined and management of processes and schedules is very tight. You must be willing to conform to a more rigid set of rules and standards in comparison to that of most other outside sales positions.

Has been a wonderful experience to work and grow with the company!

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Not any that I would say

Great company who really cares about their sales team!

Former Employee - Territory Manager  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Great compensation! Company cares about their sales team and will take care of them (financially!)

Cons

Daily grind. If you are looking to make a million cold calls, knock down doors, and sometimes beg for business to hit your numbers, this is the job for you!

If you are looking for a fast growing, record breaking company-apply at Paycom!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Pros

- ability to advance your career
    - defined goals in almost every position in the company. If you achieve the goals you are rewarded with professional and monetary growth.
    - amazing company growth unlike anything I've ever seen

Cons

- This is nitpicking, but the onsite gym could be larger.
    - More first year vacation would be nice
    - End of the year can be rough on our employees. It's part of the industry and can't be avoided.

Keep it up. You've got a good thing going.

Paycom is a great employer and really makes you feel at home.

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Pros

Catered lunch- $4
    Amazing benefits- $1 healthcare and reasonably priced dental and vision.
    Company wide events
    On-site gym- with free classes.
    Growing company
    Friendly people

Cons

IT- On-boarding process
    Vacation and Sick Leave

If Paycom were an exercise program, I would already have washboard abs.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Pros

1. They actually give a crap about individual successes.
    As a new employee, when I suggested a better way of doing something in our department they said, "Great! Make it happen!" and gave me full permission to move ahead.
    A lot of organizations will rattle off ten reasons why the idea won't work, then grind it to death under the boot heel of endless approval processes. At Paycom the attitude seems to be "Well, we tried that and didn't get very far. What would you do differently?"

2. There is a culture of rapid improvement that I haven't experienced elsewhere. It's gratifying to see a project go from concept to completion as quickly as it does around here.

3. I like the perks as much as the next person ($4 lunches, etc.), and the pay is competitive, but that's just to get top talent in the door.
    My favorite thing about Paycom is that I feel like what I do matters. I've worked for non-profits and didn't think I could feel as fulfilled "working for the man," but I don't feel that way anymore. Being successful puts me in a better place to give back in the future

Cons

I wish I had more vacation time early on. Flex time or something like it would be nice.

Life-changing career opportunities

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Pros

Paycom offers the best product and service in the industry so you can be proud of the work you do whether you are recruiting talent, developing software, selling, marketing or serving clients.
    High growth company that offers incredible leadership opportunities with clear career paths, solid training and a "hard work gets rewarded" culture. I have seen a 3000% growth rate in our company size since I started and it's been awesome.
    Leadership truly cares about employees and offers many perks and benefits that you just don't find at most companies.
    The high standards in work ethic and attitude have helped build a workforce that is well-liked, respected, appreciated and embraced by those who are part of it. Slackers and bad attitudes don't make it which is refreshing if you have ever worked someplace where management didn't care.
    Paycom is not just stable, but successful. Budgeting red tape never slows down progress for worthwhile projects and initiatives. Having worked in the non-profit industry it is empowering to know you have the resources you need to be successful.

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment with all the growing pains you would expect from such a fast-growing company. Sometimes there is more work than people to do it. Sometimes there are more people than provided office and parking space. But you always know it's a temporary situation and the company is continuously working to make things better for its employees and customers.

Don't get discouraged by the comments from any disgruntled employees past or present. Not everyone is cut out to handle the type of success Paycom has and the hard worked required to get it. Know that the vast majority of employees who work at Paycom know how awesome it is and are grateful for the opportunity. Keep up the good work!

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!