Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan III

Randall J. Hogan III

Pros:
  • "Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

DECENT COMPANY

Design Engineer Trainee (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at Pentair as an intern for less than a year

ProsInformation is not suppressed or distorted, so people can find out what they need to know to do their work.
Individuals are given meaningful chances to grow, becoming more valuable to the organization in the process.

ConsPeople’s day to day work makes sense to them, and they understand how their own jobs fit in with everyone else’s.
And they are not hindered by stupid rules.

Advice to Senior Managementproper training to the employees

never a dull moment...

I have been working at Pentair full-time for more than a year

ProsWell run, good systems, strong on lean management and innovation, good teams, profitable company. Well diversified both from a business and geographic perspective. Strong product management company also. In high growth markets as well such as water.

ConsSometimes too bureaucratic - too much control in corporate office. They are a strong manufacturing company - but not all of their GBUs are in the manufacturing business.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't have so much control in corporate office - allow field offices and regions to be more autonomous to make decisions quicker

Inside Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time for more than 3 years

ProsManagement has changed again. Maybe these people are more professional and are waking up to how to run a large company like this one. Communication is opening up on what the company is doing as a whole. That hasn't filtered down to local management yet. Old habits are hard to break.

ConsThere is no chance for advancement there. Not one person was promoted in the four years I worked there. People are considered expendable. Benefits are not good. The location I where I was working was very cheap. Even let the receptionist go to save money. Even though we met or exceeded booking projections consistently. Processes in my department were not well documented. Which leads to too much tribal knowledge and confusion for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing the department name every year or so. Employees don't even know how to answer the phone. Update your website/websites. There are several. And all of them are difficult to navigate. How do you expect your customers to find out what location to contact for the product they need if the employees find it hard to do? Promote people internally instead of firing existing people and hiring new ones to replace them.

AMAZING!

I have been working at Pentair

ProsPositions off great Flexibility, Culture is fun!

ConsCareer paths not always clear

Great Company

Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Pentair full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Benefits at this company

ConsA lot people not happy being there

Pentair in general is I am sure a fine company, but the location I was at was terrible.

Value Stream Manager (Former Employee)
White Bear Lake, MN (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time for less than a year

ProsPerks and pay were good, several Team members were excellent.

ConsEngineering centric, loss of many good workers

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better work culture in this plant before it becomes too late.

Not People friendly

Production Worker (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Pentair full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAfter meging from Tyco retained job function.

ConsDon't care for employees or expertise. Hostile enviroment. low class managers. Manage by Intimidation and Threats of closing the plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people like objects and treat them with respect.
Monitoring bathroom visit and removing acces to phones only shows lacks of enforcing unjustified policies. HR should look into fair treatment of employees and stop supporting unnecessary changes to policies that only affect the morale of the workrs that already been treated like slaves.
Management is alway excemp themselves off any company policy and they should me measured the same way as production workers,

Pentair -- "Lean" in so many ways...

Power Vertical Team Member - From Tyco (Former Employee)

I worked at Pentair full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWide Products offering for wide variety of Industries worldwide.

ConsThe acquired Tyco Valves & Controls and stripped it, which increased the bottom line and stock price, but will definitely stymie future growth -- perhaps they will begin selling off the Tyco factories and companies?

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your global manufacturing facilities with technically sharp Sales groups of industry professionals -- like all the folks you either laid off or drove off. Or else sell of the Tyco companies before you have to shut their doors.

Purchasing Analyst Intern

I have been working at Pentair

ProsGreat people to work with

Conswork slow at different times

Too big to be so chaotic.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pentair

ProsGood people work for Pentair.

ConsPentair can be very disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more work instructions, and less tribal knowledge.

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pentair reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Pentair CEO Randall J. Hogan III. All 51 reviews are posted anonymously by Pentair employees.