PepsiCo

3.2 1,483 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

1,483 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly"
    in 77 reviews
  • "Pay and Benefits are really good with the exception of 401K"
    in 43 reviews
Cons:
  • "They preach work/life balance but only when it is convenient for management"
    in 184 reviews
  • "long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried"
    in 134 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Speechwriter - years ago

Speechwriter (Former Employee)
Somers, NY (US)

I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor for more than a year

ProsMy immediate boss (as well as his superiors) were comfortable handing down tasks to me

ConsIndividuals at lower management levels did not seem nearly as comfortable with sharing information as their superiors did. Made me wonder how cut-throat the climate was.

Route sales for Frito-Lay

Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHuge world wide company,many subsidies of recognizable names, good pay in sales if you don't have a degree, growth if you do have a degree, good benefits, outside sales, no boss directly on your back.

ConsLong hours, expect to work 50 hours a week upwards to 60 hours on "push weeks" extremely difficult on the body, work/life balance is a miss depending on route, swinging routes by far is the hardest job in the company and your guaranteed to do that when you first walk in the door until a route is becomes available via retirement, firing, quit or re-engineering.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more from within the company for lower level management. In opinion, experience is the way to go.

Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Nash, TN (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 8 years

ProsNice benefits, car program, good people, goal orintented.

ConsWorkforce continues to be downsized. Too few employees at every level. Talks about work life balance- almost impossible to achieve.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees concerns and make efforts to improve work load for "work life balance".

Route Sales Frito Lay

Burlington, NJ (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou're out on your own to build your route.

ConsWhen you build your route too big ($$$) they may take stores or break the route up.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring supervisors without route sales experience.

this place sucks. its just about numbers. they don't care about you just your sales

I have been working at PepsiCo

Prosnothing that I can think of

Consjust about everything I can think of

Demands high standards without giving time or resources to accomplish

Pre-Sell Representative (Current Employee)
Vincennes, IN (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSelf- motivated pace as Sales rep. Constant contact with several stores keeps things personable. You decide what happens and doesn't in your territory.

ConsLarge territories can make for long days. 55-60 hr work week when you have to follow a bad driver who doesn't do his share. Always on call, though weekend calls are rare. Some planning materials and information is lacking or non existent. Leadership isn't given time to develop strategies for execution leaving much on the shoulders of those beneath them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe stripped down, skeleton staff that some facilites are challenged to work with leaves no room for any emergency situation which cripples operations in that time, and also offers very little hope for those looking to move on with the company, seeing as how there is less time for training and less jobs to open up.

Got meet new people both from inside the company and outside the company

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Benefits, Able to communicate with new people

ConsNot likely to get promoted in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementThey must learn how to promote from within

exhausting, always on call, physically challenging, early & long hours, constant pay cuts, changes direction constantly

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMarriage Equality benefits, good benefits, 401 k match, pro diversity, product sells, discounts on purchasing things through Pepsi, contest gifts

ConsNo a/c in trucks, always short handed, never get time off, always work weekends, can't get off pre scheduled approved time off, work early hours way before sunrise, safety is a huge deal if you get hurt you get in trouble, have to drive in inclement weather but in trouble if you get in an accident, unfair commission structure across different routes, hours and volume don't equal pay, not a family friendly company

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing the company direction every couple of months. Stop cutting pay every 6 months and boosting the company's pay by shorting the consumer product and the employees check. Stop having employees doing busy work instead of actual selling. Hire more help instead of running short handed. People do get hurt and sick when they are out in the elements driving a ton and don't get a normal amount of time off. Add more vacation time even if you have to purchase extra days.

Not so good with Rebecca Berry Not fair at all...

Bulk Delivery Driver (Current Employee)
Norfolk, VA (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPaul Pittman is very fair he was fair to everyone...

ConsDealing with the store mangers an 7/11 are the worst...

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people more

Great company

Bulk Account Representative (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWell balanced beliefs in hard work and family time. Excellent benefits and great people to work with. Most of the management and your coworkers become family. They are always genuinely concerned about your life.

Consthere are not many cons to working for PepsiCo. Just long hours at times, mostly due to holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. This has been one of my favorite employers. I know at times the restructuring of companies hurts. But you have tried to have as little impact on families as possible.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All 1,483 reviews are posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.