PepsiCo

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3 1,681 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 97 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 216 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 154 reviews)

1,681 Employee Reviews

Making an impact everyday!

Recruiter (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsLove the benefits, career opportunities and ability interact with leadership across all areas of the organization. Our team takes calculated risks and continues to improve in bringing our entire team along for the journey. We're also becoming a more global organization within our function which is exciting!

ConsResources are spread very thin and I've seen members of the team burn out / walk away from great opportunities in the name of having a better work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent in the experiences and opportunities given to team members across all levels and areas of the organization.

Great company

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe company offers summer hours which is great for work-Life balance and I've had the pleasure of having great co-workers. There is great opportunities for those within the company. The company values compliment those of my own.

ConsI think a challenge would be there seems to be a lot of under the table. Communications is definitely something to work on

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone takes on more responsibilities consider rewards for this.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Pros- Excellent work life balance - flexible hours and work from home schedule provided you do the work
    - Good career development. You need to really forge your career yourself, but the opportunities are there if you seek them out
    - Challenging work assignments

Cons- Competitive work environment
    - Very matrixed organization that can lead to ineffective processes
    - Can be a bit bureaucratic at times. Hard to advance projects and change when countless approvals needed from management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay with benefits

RSR Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

ProsGreat pay with great benefits. There is plenty of room for growth if you push yourself hard enough. There is opportunity to make a large sum of money because of the commissioned pay scale.

ConsThe hours are long and not ideal if you have a family. You are basically married to your designated routes with no hope for a personal life if you have a wife and children.

Great People

ProsInternship was really fun. There were many freebies as well. Everyone was really friendly.

ConsWish they gave me more opportunities

Dead end

Full Time Merchandiser (Current Employee)

ProsGreat job for someone young and without a family. College tuition reimbursement program and other benefits.

ConsThey work you too many hours, no positive feedback they only criticize, no chance for advancement unless you pretend to worship management, pay not equal to the amount of work they expect

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people that are the beating heart of the company are treated the worst and paid the least...

Great place to start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSophisticated and advanced systems and methodologies. Huge learning platform

ConsSome arrogant people who think they have reached godlike status because they work for a globally recognized brand.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep things simple, open and transparent.

Enjoy

BIS Associate (Current Employee) Cairo (Egypt)

ProsGlobal compete Salary.
    built a high organizational knowledge.
    empower employees to achieve their goals.

Consneed more marketing efforts specially for NEA
    challenge and load doesn't give you the fair work life balance.

Work hard and you will go far.

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Somers, NY (US)

ProsOpportunity for growth.
    Exposure and recognition.
    Great learning platform for a go-getter.

ConsYou will be kept busy

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) Somers, NY (US)

ProsStrong leadership, smart colleagues, challenging work, work/life balance, excellent HR career opportunities. One of the best Talent Acquisition departments in corporate america.

ConsIncrease vacation days to stay competitive in the market place

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease vacation days to stay competitive

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!