PepsiCo

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.3 1,707 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights
1,707 Employee Reviews

Work hard but play hard.

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsPepsiCo offers some of the best mentors out there!

ConsToo much process bogs you down from doing the real work...they need administrators to fill this gap.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more admin to support sales and operations staff.

Demand Planner

Demand Planner (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsA good learning environment with solid processes in place to maintain the forecast. Central to the supply chain as advise forecasts volumes for each manufacturing plant. Opportunity to work cross functionally with other teams such as Supply Planning, Procurement, Sales and Customer Service.

ConsDaily work can be monotonous and repeatitive with the publishing of the same reports and processes daily. Career progression talks can be false with middle managements fundamental drive to hit KPI's. "The only thing that matters is improving forecast accuracy".

Advice to Senior ManagementA good start would be to develop a relationship with their employees rather than to continually demand results.

PepsiCo Review

Packer (Former Employee) Perth, Western Australia

Prosgood training, good pay, friendly workers.

Conspoor management, poor sacking procedures, poor HR practices. sack workers without cause.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat workers with respect, tell the truth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PepsiCo Summer Internship

R&D (Current Employee) Valhalla, NY (US)

ProsIt is clear that PepsiCo values its interns greatly, from day to day interactions to large events. The internship program is organized well, giving the interns an opportunity to meet company leaders, learn different aspects of the company, and have a great time doing it. By the end of this summer internship I find myself hoping to work for this company in some way shape or form because I believe in the leaders of PepsiCo as well as the high standards PepsiCo strives to achieve.

ConsPepsiCo is such a large and global company that communication can be difficult. For example, many times a question gets sent out and bounced around to multiple people before the question is able to find the appropriate person to answer the question. Considering the size of this company, this is rather expected.

Great Place to Intern and Work

BIS Intern (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsI am in the last few weeks of my summer internship with the PepsiCo BIS in Plano, TX. It has been an incredible experience. I have been put in real working situations and given responsibilities that full time employees would receive. They put you on a team and you work for them as if you were there full time. It is a great way to get a feel for the job and the company as a whole. They offer plenty of tours and events with other interns to meet executives and experience the welcoming culture of PepsiCo firsthand. We actually had the opportunity to have a video conference with Indra herself which just shows the emphasis PepsiCo puts on fostering new talent.

As for pay, they definitely make it worth my time. They also gave us money for housing which was great as I had to travel across the country to work here and I wouldn't feel comfortable living in a really cheap area of town. In our division, we have a good chance of getting full time offers if we work hard and exhibit the skills that PepsiCo values, which is also a huge perk. I have heard there are opportunities to progress within the company as well but I can't say much about that as an intern. I have, however, seen that PepsiCo offers tons of training courses and certifications to continue growing your career.

It is right next to plenty of other large corporate offices like Capital One and Intel. Overall, it is an incredible area to live. I can't complain at all about the location. They also offer summer hours which means we can get half day Fridays to be with friends and family.

Overall, this is a great place to intern and work. It has very competitive salaries and the working environment can't be beat. Highly recommend.

ConsThere haven't been a ton of cons. One thing that has been difficult to adjust to is the very diverse employee population. There are occasional language and cultural barriers in the workplace, but that can be seen as a pro in terms of talent and new perspectives.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reach out to the interns. The information and enthusiasm provided by management is what creates the environment that makes PepsiCo great.

good experience

Operations Officer (Current Employee) Faisalābād, Punjab (Pakistan)

ProsHR System is very stronge

ConsBecause FMCG Product so very busy job

It is a Great place to work.

ProsFast moving industry with a friendly professional environment. Pepsi as a whole is growing and expanding more each year and has the resources and technology to work in today's world.

ConsI have worked for Pepsi for almost 10 years, and in that time have seen many things, some good some bad. Pepsi is like any other company, they all have pros and cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from with in more instead of just passing over knowledgeable capable people.

Good Company

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Somers, NY (US)

Prosallow you to learn on the job, allow you to move with in the company, summer hours, in-house gym

Conscommute for some, Company is moving to use contractors more then employees.

Awesome team, but no chance of promotion in level.

Trainee (Former Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsGreat team, good company values, friendly enviroment, supporting with all employees.

ConsNo further promotions of employees even at small levels, very few trainings for all employees, small salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise salary levels regarding old/new employees.

I had a good experience working at Frito-Lay, even though my project did not pertain to my skill set.

Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA (US)

ProsFrito-Lay (FL) takes great care of their employees. From what I have observed and in conversations with young managers, FL is a good place for career development in a production management environment. I was able to develop some good relationships with my fellow employees in the office. Management was very helpful in development.

ConsThe project I was given for the summer did not match my skill set in any way. It was a little disappointing to be given a project that did not challange me nor pertain to what I am studying at school.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!