PepsiCo

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3 1,681 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly(in 97 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do(in 216 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried(in 154 reviews)

1,681 Employee Reviews

Work hard but play hard.

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsPepsiCo offers some of the best mentors out there!

ConsToo much process bogs you down from doing the real work...they need administrators to fill this gap.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more admin to support sales and operations staff.

Demand Planner

Demand Planner (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsA good learning environment with solid processes in place to maintain the forecast. Central to the supply chain as advise forecasts volumes for each manufacturing plant. Opportunity to work cross functionally with other teams such as Supply Planning, Procurement, Sales and Customer Service.

ConsDaily work can be monotonous and repeatitive with the publishing of the same reports and processes daily. Career progression talks can be false with middle managements fundamental drive to hit KPI's. "The only thing that matters is improving forecast accuracy".

Advice to Senior ManagementA good start would be to develop a relationship with their employees rather than to continually demand results.

PepsiCo Review

Packer (Former Employee) Perth, Western Australia

Prosgood training, good pay, friendly workers.

Conspoor management, poor sacking procedures, poor HR practices. sack workers without cause.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat workers with respect, tell the truth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Culture

ProsOpportunities to advance. Good entry level pay. Management respects need for work life balance.

Consadvancement largely left up to you. Pay as you progress becomes less appealing until you make it to the executive level.

Working Environment

Marketing Executive (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsLimitedless Pepsico goodies like: Lays, Quakers, Tropicana... Further, really learn a great deal of FMCG marketing theories and executional work in here.

ConsFair amount of work but to be expected to work overtime during peak seasons.

It was a great experience working for this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, opportunities, salary, environment, benefits

ConsWork/life balance, constant change no stability

Supply Chain Intern

ProsPretty good money as an intern, hands on experience, can always find projects to do

ConsMorale is very very low. A lot of floor workers are upset.

Frito Lay Route Sales

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsEasy job. Route bid at 53,000. Easy to grow routes if u follow behind lazy people and there are many. Consistently make over 73k and up to 78k. Company does cut routes and u must grow accounts again or u might drop back down into the 50's. Free shirts, royals tickets, chiefs tickets. Benefits are good! 401k, pension (not available for new employees anymore), vacation.

ConsEarly starts and route cuts. Company received Herman Lay award (most prestigious). Rsrs received jacket and management got trip to Cancun, Las Vegas and some a trip to Fiesta Bowl. However, if u want to be part of management , u can apply anytime so stop complaining. Many people have hard time with management getting rewards.

Marketing: Great to build a resume

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Albany, NY (US)

ProsGreat company to build a resume, network and learn fundamentals. Ability to work on national brands as well on innovations.

ConsNorth America business always under fire. Morale is negatively impacted. I question if salaries and benefits are competitive enough to maintain talented newcomers as well as seasoned producers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic on work life balance offerings and support. Senior management must lead by example.

good company

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Cranston, RI (US)

Prosa lot of work all the time

Consno time tospend with your family

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!