PepsiCo

great place

Current Employee - Lawn Mower
    Current Employee - Lawn Mower

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great Company i really like it

Cons

great company i really like it

Love it. At first ir was hard like any other job. But now I feel so glad I never give up!!

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Plymouth, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Plymouth, MA (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, and tons of hours weekly, which help me to acomplish my weekly goals

Cons

Its a fisical job like any other job, and work in any weather conditions

Do a good job today and you don't have to worry about tomorrow

Excellent income but very long hours.

Current Employee - Frito-Lay Route Sales in Bethlehem, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Frito-Lay Route Sales in Bethlehem, PA (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

The money is incredible.
    DSL's are usually willing to help you out whenever you need a hand with displays or anything else.
    A large company so you're not looked down on.
    Great benefits.

Cons

Very long days. Up to 16 hours depending on your route. So, not much home life.

If a former employee burns bridges with their accounts, don't ask/expect/put it on your new employee to smooth things over with those accounts. That's why you're there.

anything for now

Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

better and excellence company

Cons

PepsiCo it is largest company in world anyone would love it to work on this great location like that

be the best employer for the company

Director

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

culture, work-life balance, flexibility, training

Cons

Compensation and benefits are declining quickly.

Returning value to the shareholder return is becoming significantly disproportional to returning value to the employee

Merchandiser

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

Good benefits, you get to work on your own and not a bad starting pay.

Cons

waking up like 3am in the morning to start your routes. No pay raise. Dealing with store receivers can be a nightmare sometimes.

Great Internship Opportunity at Frito-Lay HQ

Former Intern - Supply Chain in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Intern - Supply Chain in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

YOU HAVE REAL IMPACT ON THE BUSINESS - As a PepsiCo intern at Frito-Lay Headquarters, I was able to gain perspective on the entire business on a national level. The projects I worked on were mainly ad-hoc, but I was able to build them into existing systems and see the direct impacts of my contributions in a short period of time. My work has been passed on and has continued to be used in national performance reporting efforts.

EXPOSURE TO CORPORATE CULTURE - PepsiCo (and especially Frito-Lay) does a good job of exposing interns to the company culture and its leaders through an executive speaker series, networking events, and product giveaways. From my experiences with employees, retention is very high; many people I worked with had been working for the company 20+ years. Additionally, corporate resource groups and activities such as kickball added a sense of camaraderie that reinforced the team-oriented atmosphere.

STRONG NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES - As an intern, I had the opportunity to work with a large group of people that I developed relationships with over the course of my experience. PepsiCo's employees are generally eager to help one another, and I learned to be approachable while also taking initiative. Events such as the national intern report-out at the end of the internship solidified my ability to meet and properly network with people from across the business, which I found to be very rewarding.

I highly recommend Frito-Lay's internship program to anyone interested, as I found it to be a rewarding experience.

Cons

MANAGER DEFINES YOUR EXPERIENCE - The internship experience as a whole is a positive one; however, your overall impact is dependent on the manager you receive. Fortunately, I had an awesome manager who went out of her way to make sure I got the most out of my experience and that I was noticed for the work I did. Other interns I talked to did not have the same experience.

NO FULL-TIME OFFER - When I participated in this internship I was a sophomore in college, so I was not considered for a full-time offer as they were reserved for graduating seniors. I have not received any offers since, despite being highly praised for my work and having a strong network built up.

Please continue to grow the internship program and invest in the young talent that exists there. As a large company quick changes are difficult, but I believe that the company's success lies in its ability to attract, develop, AND RETAIN interns and young professionals.

Competitive pay, good benefits, and job security make it a good company to work for

Current Employee - Lead in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Lead in Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive Salary
    Long term career advancement opportunities
    Many employee benefits
    Job Security for hard and smart workers

Cons

Work/life balance depends on the lifestyle of your direct manager, not the employer
    Career advancement is more accessible for campus hires and employees who have good relationships with hiring managers

Identify hard workers and support employees interested in career advancement by assisting them in attaining job promotions

Very good company to work for. A leader in their industry. Good people to work with.

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

People, consistent stable company. Results oriented.

Cons

Can be high pressure to perform.

Stay ahead of the competiition

Fun, but not for me

Former Intern - Supply Chain Operations Intern
    Former Intern - Supply Chain Operations Intern

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern

Pros

It is a nice working environment, and the work that they give interns is really easy. They also have fun activities planned for interns, and the pay is great.

Cons

The work wasn't very challenging. Also, the program that you enter into after graduation isn't what I would want. You do a few rotations within the plant and then become a line leader on the plant floor.