PepsiCo

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.3 1,706 reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi

Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance was given to those who handled it responsibly (in 99 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 218 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 153 reviews)

More Highlights
1,706 Employee Reviews

It is a Great place to work.

ProsFast moving industry with a friendly professional environment. Pepsi as a whole is growing and expanding more each year and has the resources and technology to work in today's world.

ConsI have worked for Pepsi for almost 10 years, and in that time have seen many things, some good some bad. Pepsi is like any other company, they all have pros and cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from with in more instead of just passing over knowledgeable capable people.

Good Company

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Somers, NY (US)

Prosallow you to learn on the job, allow you to move with in the company, summer hours, in-house gym

Conscommute for some, Company is moving to use contractors more then employees.

Awesome team, but no chance of promotion in level.

Trainee (Former Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsGreat team, good company values, friendly enviroment, supporting with all employees.

ConsNo further promotions of employees even at small levels, very few trainings for all employees, small salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise salary levels regarding old/new employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A fun, engaging, and challenging immersion into fast-paced engineering and product development.

Research Engineer (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsI HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS INTERNSHIP!

This internship is challenging, rewarding, collaborative and results-driven. At first I was given a lot of nurture and guidance on how to begin my project, but within a matter of weeks the guard-rails came off and my project really became my own. I decided what steps to take, how to get there, who to collaborate with to make it there, and I managed the time around my own project. However, the support was always there if I needed it with a large team of management and technical resources. Since I worked in R&D, my project was technically challenging and it was amazing seeing that my research had immediate business impact on millions of dollars. It was very rewarding to progress in the project and see it take shape. It made it exciting and I wanted to keep going. We had to present project progress every month to senior leadership, including vice presidents and senior scientists. This was intimidating at first, but it helped me cultivate crucial skills in communicating complicated scientific research succinctly to management so they could make decisions. This internship really equipped me for a professional career.

Also, speaking of work-life balance, the company culture and atmosphere at PepsiCo (I worked at Frito-Lay) is really unbeatable. Everybody is upbeat, fast-paced and willing to get their hands dirty to help you. Yet everyone is ready to go home at 5 P.M. and be with their families and enjoy the weekend. Work-life balance is important here and the friendly culture here will make you believe it. I cannot express enough the impression the warm people at this company made on me to make me feel at home and like I was a meaningful part of the family.

One last thing: this company is ethically responsible and driven to make enjoyable products that are good for society, which is very important to me. I was very impressed learning about the company's goals and seeing all of it in action. You could not pick a more ethical company in the industry to work for, in my opinion. PepsiCo strives to make healthier, safer products that leave a smaller footprint on the environment but still taste delicious and bring smiles to people's faces. Working here, you will really take pride seeing your work on a shelf and knowing the work that went into bringing it there.

ConsThe first few weeks of internship can be overwhelming. Mountains of training and meetings and you immediately present on your project just a couple weeks after arriving when you don't really know much of anything. It's a lot of pressure all at once with a lot of new faces, but it eases up soon enough when you get the hang of things. The internship was also heavy in statistics, so if you're weak in statistics, you might struggle. Also, the corporate structure is very defined, which can be a pro or a con depending on how you want to progress in a company. Here at Frito-Lay, you get promotions at a defined pace as you move up in levels and there's little deviation outside that model. If you like less structure in your corporate ladder, this might be a downside for you. Finally, I had to work significant overtime to handle my project in the 12-week time frame. The nature of the experiments in my project often required me to stay longer than a 9 hour business day, so I had to work more than I was expecting. However, they pay well for overtime and you can manage it as your project needs it.

hard Work

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Moundsville, WV (US)

Prosgood pay, allot of hours, really friendly coworkers

ConsI have no cones at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Supply Chain Intern

Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsFast paced environment that bases performance off of your results. Challenging environment that requires good time management skills and communication to perform as expected. Excellent management that pushed me to my limits as an intern.

ConsLong hours and and many follow ups daily. Can be exhausting for a college student not used to a fast paced manufacturing environment. Steep learning curve.

Lots of opportunity

BIS Intern (Current Employee)

ProsThe intern program is supported by several employees, both analysts and managers/directors. The company starts you out with a support network, and it's on you to build it further. The pay is great and there's a lot of fun events with other interns/employees. So many employees around you have lots of experience, so there's a lot of opportunity to engage in knowledge sharing.

ConsNot enough of a formal training program, and not enough formal attention given to technical growth. If the internship had maybe a couple group sessions on developing some type of skill, such as web design or some basics of SAP, everyone would for sure walk away with more tangible skills to bring to their future roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the attention towards the internship program. Everyone in the world wants to feel important, interns included, and while it may not necessarily contribute a great deal towards the bottom line, investing in the interns is equal to investing in the future of the company.

Global Procurement MBA Intern

Global Procurement MBA (Current Employee) Somers, NY (US)

ProsThe people are the best part of working at PepsiCo. There is a reason that most of the people I worked with this summer have been with the company for 15+ years. Additionally, the company still has a lot of room to grow and change and you can very easily and quickly make those changes a reality through your work.

ConsThe procurement internship is relatively new so it is not as structured as other internships. The downside of the above-mentioned point about employee satisfaction is that people stay on for longer so promotions might take more time.

Long Hours but stable

RSR Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) Cranberry Twp, PA (US)

ProsStable paycheck- tons of support- established routes and sales oppportunities- great products make comission if cover route for more than two weeks but management tries to avoid this

ConsCover routes in the beginning- constantly changing environment- long hours- constantly waiting for store managers. waking up really early

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employess work\life balance

PepsiCo seems like a great company that clearly values the retention and development of their employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsDecent pay, friendly culture, results-driven mentality, work-life balance (employees feel comfortable using the gym and outdoor running trails or basketball courts at lunch), adequate training resources, comfortable travel accommodations, horizontal rotations every 18 months, half-day Fridays all summer, and between Thanksgiving and Christmas

ConsThings seem to move somewhat slow as expected with a company of this size. Many organizational layers, and may be difficult to be noticed in such a large talent pool.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focus on training and employee development through frequent job rotations. Allow top performing employees to work from home occasionally.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!