PepsiCo Reviews

3.4
1,882 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance at Pepsico is the one shining facet that it holds (in 108 reviews)

• PepsiCo offers great pay and benefits and is truly a fun place to work (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 249 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 170 reviews)

More Highlights

Analyst Review

Former Employee - Intern in Somers, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Somers, NY (US)

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Work life balance and good compensation. People working are good and transparency is good. HR is good too

Cons

Salary is low and people expect a lot

It is an empowering company that has a balance between its collaborators and it's customers/consumers.

Former Employee - Marketing Associate Manager in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate Manager in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's internal structure for professional development it's very clear and easy to follow, your growth depends on you

Cons

There is a lot of re-structure internaly so your co-workers change a lot.

Great experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great manager, had freedom but help when needed, was able to experience many different facets of the business. Learnt a lot and appreciated the extra effort that my manager put in

Cons

Many procedures were pointless but mandatory, hard to make some decisions without consulting headquarters. Layoffs were happening and corporate culture was tough, people were on edge.

Strong growth opportunities in for marketing professionals

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great culture - people are respectful, intelligent and fun to work with. Fun brands which enable you to develop creative marketing. Good rotational opportunities for career growth

Cons

Hard working culture, often long hours and 'always on' culture

Great company for working and get experience as employee of international company. PepsiCo values are valid.

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Super colleague and direct managers. Stable wage system. Good additional benefits - helth and life insurance, company cars and cell phones for managers. Have possibility to solve problems in different levels - with direct manager, with HR, regional manager, anonimus help line.

Cons

Overtime working. Difficult to plan family life - no work/life balance. No career opportunities inside company.

Need better timing management.

Frito Lay Future Sales Leader Intern

Former Employee - Future Sales Leader Intern
    Former Employee - Future Sales Leader Intern

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely supportive and really treats interns well. Huge amounts of resources allow them to really wow their interns. HR is very supportive.

Cons

My manager and mentor were hard to get in contact with, so I felt a little lost sometimes. Not knowing exactly the scope of the internship made it difficult to work at my maximum.

Let the interns know what you expect them to get out of the internship. Try to guide them better and not just ask how its going. As an intern I knew almost nothing about how the company operates, the industry, or how a DSL is supposed to act. I felt like my project was unique so I couldn't even ask other interns for help.

Overall great place to work

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

Great brands, fast paced, lots of change, wide range of opportunities to broaden experience without having to leave the company

Cons

If you are not based at an HQ location it can be difficult to advance

Endorse pulling/pushing employees across divisions to broaden the collective experience base

Good company

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Des Moines, IA (US)
    Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Des Moines, IA (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay benefits. time off fun

Cons

Weird hours, crabby recievers, junk trucks

stop taking everything away

Great Company

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

PepsiCo offers a lot of possibilities for personal and professional growth. Managers and coworkers are very friendly and compensation system is very competitive. The on boarding process was well organized and I felt very comfortable. Working at PepsiCo was a very enjoyable experience. Also, It is a company very well recognized that many other employer like seeing on a resume.

Cons

Work is very fast paced and usually required a lot of hours a week. You need to be willing to relocate and work different shifts.

Good place to develop career

Former Employee - Supply Chain
    Former Employee - Supply Chain

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great opportunities to develop analytic skills and relationships with many different levels in the company. Clear growth and promotion tracks. Decent flexibility in work schedule in HQ roles. New challenges were always popping up that kept the job fun and interesting each day. People were great to work with- culture is friendly and supportive but everyone is competitive for results, which pushes people to work at their best.

Cons

A bit on the hierarchical side, compensation not always tied to the actions they say they want to promote or are tied to uncontrollable manufacturing processes.