PepsiCo Reviews

3.4
1,845 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance at Pepsico is the one shining facet that it holds (in 105 reviews)

• great pay and benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, very stable company (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 245 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 165 reviews)

More Highlights

A Great Summer with a better Future!

Former Employee - Sales Strategy CCO  in  Purchase, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Strategy CCO in Purchase, NY (US)

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Amazing office culture and developmental opportunities. Full-time job offers were extended within two weeks of internship completion. Leadership gave constant feedback with desired results, however we were all left to work our projects as we saw fit. This was key to see who really "fit" in with the PepsiCo culture. If you are willing to work, leadership is willing to help you grow.

Cons

Timeline of job placement (job offered, but long delay before assignment). Additionally, you usually accept salary, then get location assignment.

Keep up the GREAT WORK!

Ok

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

Work by yourself,left alone if your making sales goals.

Cons

Long hours,early start time ,no overtime

It is an experience and life challenge.

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pension, 401K, vacation time, overtime.

Cons

home life considerations, to many hours

Don't fix your eyes on corporate dollar. remember people run the business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Logistics Supervisor

Former Employee - Logistics Supervisor  in  Tolleson, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Logistics Supervisor in Tolleson, AZ (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work-life-balance is solid on the logistics end. Logistics leadership is supportive but you roll the dice elsewhere. You will grow and learn a lot. Great stepping stone into a better job with a different company. If you don't get promoted in two years then start looking.

Cons

Pay is very average and increases barely cover inflation. If you do get a promotion, don't expect more than a cheap 10% increase. They rarely advance from within. Took away 401k for salaried. A very flatlined old industry feel. Also, 5 HR managers in 6 years....all left the company.

Promote within and compensate for level of increase jumps. There is a real cost associated with the people that you lose.

Has it's good and it's bad

Current Employee - Skilled Trades
    Current Employee - Skilled Trades

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay, generous tuition reimbursement,.

Cons

Promotion only from within, which stiffles innovaiton and new ideas because there is never experienced people coming in from outside. To make it into the ranks you pretty much had to have come up from a newbie fresh out of college likely working an off shift with weekends. Hires only engineers for low level management, engineers are not always the best personal managers. Hourly's that show huge amounts of engagement and business knowledge are kept down to keep their managers looking better. Company almost feels like a govt agency with red tape and bureaucracy. Often there is a HUGE lack of accountability.

You have some extremely engaged and knowledgeable folks in the hourly ranks who have huge potential, and know the business well but are often held back or stopped from progressing. Production facilities seem to concentrate on the wrong issues, especially the technical teams. There is a huge skills and knowledge disparity amongst the skilled trades in the plants that is never addressed.

working for pepsico / fritolay had its days but management sucks

Former Employee - Warehouser I  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouser I in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at PepsiCo part-time for more than a year

Pros

great pay made 400 to 500 to 600 a week but worked hard for every cent.
    employees are awesome .free chips .Good benefits.

Cons

i was a (BATCH PICKER) i sometimes worked during push month/week from 10am to 5am the next morning then had to be back at work at 10am to do it all over again.management doesn't care about you at all .sometimes management schedule only 3-4people when there are about 4 to 5000 cases to pick. to save money due to lots of overtime, also a lot of employees call out because of the labor/stress... this place to me is for only desperate people that have no life and have like7+ kids to feed, if you have no education no degree DONT EXPECT ANY promotion

get some structure.
    Help out on the floor.

not great

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

job stability, most of the people that work there are pretty cool

Cons

long hours, low pay, especially for the drivers

good working environment for women

Current Employee - Lab Technician  in  Barrington, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Barrington, IL (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good working environment for women, very strict safety training and safety rules, lots of training opportunity, flexible working time

Cons

too many meetings and activities that decreases the efficiency, benefits package is not competitive compared to similar companies

Hires too many young managers who lack the ability to handle the hourly employees without "power-tripping".

Former Employee - Sunchips Operator  in  Topeka, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Sunchips Operator in Topeka, KS (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, good bonuses, insurance and a lot of training, stock options.

Cons

Lacks the ability to chose management that can MANAGE. You can't tell operators and mechanics how to run a line or dept when you don't know the importance of say a screen pack in the sunchips dept. Also made requests regarding cashing out vested stocks on my last day and was told I had none. Found out after a month I had over 2000....they would not release them. Very poor way to treat an employee who served almost 5 years and tore up my body to "get numbers".

Learn to manage with empathy and you will have happier employees who commit to bettering themselves because of fair treatment. Also, if you hire college kids with no experience to manage people who have worked on a line for 10 years+ consider having them learn to run the line for 2 months before you assign them to a supervisor position. A better understanding would mean better management.

MBA Sales & Strategy Intern

Former Employee - MBA Sales & Strategy  in  Madison, WI (US)
    Former Employee - MBA Sales & Strategy in Madison, WI (US)

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very diverse portfolio of exciting brands. Many location opportunities with self driven work.

Cons

Company does not care about employees, very poor values. I was sent to work at an independent bottler for my internship with no support, my manager was 2 hours away, in a very different role. Relocation is required, company will locate you with little to no concern for your needs. Not a good company to work for.

Realize that your employees are humans and have a life outside of Pepsi.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!