PepsiCo

3.4
1,950 Reviews

PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi
Indra K. Nooyi

Pros
  • Work life balance at Pepsico is the one shining facet that it holds (in 110 reviews)

• PepsiCo offers great pay and benefits and is truly a fun place to work (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to be focused on your own work life balance because there's so much to do (in 253 reviews)

• long hours hard physical work, stressful at times to complete all requried (in 172 reviews)

More Highlights

Too many automated systems .. not enough people

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I worked directly with were nice. The location needed alot of updating.

Cons

SPA Boxes for everything!! When I needed assistance it took forever to get a response from an automated system and then I had to wait days in order for the problem to be fixed. Salary could be better. Too many chiefs and not enough indians! Everyone always had mixed messages.

AP Accountant

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great place to work! Management listen to everything and tries to solve issues as they arise.

Cons

Not much room for advancement since many in my department have been here for 10 + years.

Ok if you want a job not career.

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

This is a review for Frito-Lay and not Frito-Lay HQ. People are nice. Flexibility.

Cons

Compensation is not that great. Benefits is average compared to others. Difficult to grow. Management doesn't communicate very well when there are changes within the region. Performance review doesn't do anything with your real performance. It's about how your region ranking compared to other regions.

Demanding

Former Employee - Large Format Sales Representative in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Large Format Sales Representative in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I worked at PepsiCo as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only thing that was good about the job had to be the money. I was a summer student, and made tons of money but honestly hated waking up every single day to go work.

Cons

No care for entry-level employees... Whatever it takes to complete your route has to be done. No care for number of hours worked. No weekends off.

Great place to work for the big company experience

Current Employee - OMD Analyst in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - OMD Analyst in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities
    Role mobility
    Supportive managers
    Focused on Consumers AND Employees

Cons

Can get lost in the huge matrix
    Must be active in networking and growing your brand or you will be passed over
    Siloed budgets and work

Focus on front line engagement and quality as much as executives.

Great company with great benefits

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good health benefits, professional environment, opportunities for advancement for sales reps, innovative products, fantastic product portfolio. The pay is decent. Opportunities to telecommute as needed. College grads with no experience earn great money and can be moved up the ladder quickly.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are mostly in the sales field, while much fewer opportunities for non-sales related positions. Annual merit increases are very minimal for a multi-billion dollar corporation. Advertising dollars spent to hire celebrities to promote our product is disheartening especially since that money if re-purposed could be used to hire thousands of people to sell our product and would have a larger ROI. Technology updates are sometimes lacking. Virtually no training is available regardless of position.

Cut back on dollars spent for celebrity endorsements and instead invest that money into the employees for training, technology tools, or even utilize some of the money to have better pricing for our customers. Work harder to recognize everyone at all levels and not just the sales force.

Great place to work. Great brands, great culture.

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Representative in Purchase, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Representative in Purchase, NY (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

PepsiCo is a great company with great people. There are a lot of smart intelligent people who mostly like to get the work done without an excess of BS.

Cons

The culture is competitive. Individuals are often left to their own devices to succeed. Definitely not for everyone- at least at corporate. Also, the business is very segmented.

Continue to work to break down silos- both functional and sector based.

So many opportunities!

Current Employee - Director in Purchase, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Purchase, NY (US)

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You will never be bored, internal mobility, surrounded by very smart people, constant change, a company you can be proud to work for, work/life flexibility, we make fun and delicious stuff!

Cons

Constant change, but slow to change, need to co-locate NY based locations, further breaking down of sector silos, more international opportunities for junior staff

Move Somers closer to Purchase,

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Pay! Excellent company to further your career

Cons

Need great presentation skills and people skills

Educational and carachter building

Former Employee - Large Format Sales Representative in Winston-Salem, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Large Format Sales Representative in Winston-Salem, NC (US)

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Organized, strong culture, good environment, well equipped for growth

Cons

Weak internal communication, erratic response time,

Promote from within more wisely.