Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Pitney Bowes CEO Marc Lautenbach

Marc Lautenbach

Pros
  • Work life balance is very good - not much work or deadline pressure(in 55 reviews)

• Company pays well, good benefits, growth opportunities(in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Entrenched senior management in India(in 21 reviews)

• Unfortunately the support system from upper management did not coincide with this message(in 20 reviews)

A company that has given me many opportunities

ProsGreat people, if you are willing to work hard you will have a lot of opportunities, the company is making much better decisions than it did 5 years ago

ConsLow pay for front line employees

Advice to Senior ManagementLess politics, be more transparent to clients and employees, make sure the people in senior leadership positions are making good decisions for the company and not their personal benefit, Really look at the compensation structure for front line employees,

Pitney Bowes Software, Boulder CO

Advisory Software Engineer (Current Employee) Boulder, CO (US)

ProsFirst rate group of Software Engineers and Architects

ConsStill has the bureaucracy you'd expect from a company of it's size

Good company to work for. Pay and Benefits are competitive

Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Brisbane, CA (US)

ProsThe training is great. They give you the opportunity to further your career by providing tuition reimbursement.

ConsA little difficult to transfer to another department

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be a little more agressive in getting new contracts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard working, loss of focus

Solutions Architect (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThe company as a whole is very good. There are some great people that propel them forward and some workers that really out their best foot forward.

ConsConversely, upper management makes many decisions that do not have the customer's best interest in mind. There are many decisions that are made based on the bottom line that affects customer support and satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementPoll your customer base before making decisions that are going adversely affect their support. Do not let the sales team dictate the future of the company. Sales is the backbone, but support and innovation is the bread and butter.

Ok place to get experience

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsYou will get a lot of experience with electro mechanical equipment. Worked there for many years

ConsWas not able to move around and learn more sites and equipment. Once I excelled I was not allowed to leave that site. Was told by the DM we should be happy we have jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your people grow.

Can do better

ProsGood work life balance. Provide good trainings internally and externally.

ConsLack of Management clarity. No proper plans of transforming people at the pace company is planning to transform. Still lot of old people in the organization who are not ready for change.

Constantly change in management and pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with great people!

ConsPay - constant change in pay

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep good salespeople and don't keep mediocre sales reps because of relationships

Cold, "Old School" Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stamford, CT (US)

ProsCompany has been in business since 1920, many people have been with the company for 30+ years

ConsLack of communication, employees that have been with the company for years are not helpful to new employees - there is an expectation that you should know everything.

Ship Without A Rudder

Sales Position (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL (US)

ProsWell known brand and name. Industry leading technology. Well established corporate partnerships throughout the US.

ConsIndustry leading technology is becoming more and more irrelevant. Training is poor and follow up is worse, almost non-existent. Some company management does not follow the high ethical standards they proclaim. The culture is not based on mutual trust or respect. Employees are treated as if they are always suspected of being less than honest or ethical. Up side compensation has steadily declined. Senior management has attempted to "change the culture" by doing the same things over and over again and then are surprised when they get the same results.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to change the direction and future of Pitney Bowes you have have to do more than give "lip service" to change. You must change the culture and thinking of the company, starting at the top.

Temp job was given a lot of responsibility and high expectations with out sufficient training

Retention Specialist (Former Employee) Neenah, WI (US)

ProsWonderful co workers and pleasant work areas. Wonderful benefits for regular employees.

ConsTraining was very lacking, it made the job seem impossible. I worked so hard to learn the job and tried to excel. Every night my head just hurt.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn training have a lot and lot of practice. Let the trainees work on teams and do loads more practices.

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!