Planned Parenthood

Updated 28 February 2015
3.1

Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards
Cecile Richards

Pros
  • Opportunity to work on important issues like health care for women (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits, giving back to the community (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • For all the company's emphasis on the importance of health, the work-life balance here is strikingly unhealthy (in 5 reviews)

• The pay is low, but that's to be expected in a non-profit organization (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

PP staff

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time

Pros

great organization, passionate employees, good benifits

Cons

top down decision making, low salaries, lots of staff turn over

improve systems

Loved working here, can get a little drama at some locations but mine was very fun and great to work at

I worked at Planned Parenthood

Pros

Co-workers, benefits, paid holidays

Cons

Low pay, hard to get raises

My expierence working with these companies are very good

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Planned Parenthood

Pros

First let me start off by saying i worked in different departments in ppnyc but the best psrt is working in the lab the patieents are so nice they mayb angry at times but i could always let them smile again and worki mm g in.the recovery room can be a little hard because the patients are under anethesia and they say some stuff u wondering wat they saying and its funny too and all the workers are nice

Cons

Patients tell u rude stuff, thats it

The management team is fine theses no need for advice

Solid

I have been working at Planned Parenthood

Pros

Good experience working for a non-profit company

Cons

Company isn't very well-run unfortunately

No longer in the business of helping people, but for profit.

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Pasadena, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Pasadena, CA (US)

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great way to get your foot in the door if you're considering the medical field. If you're motivated you'll learn a great deal of knowledge and skills (if trained correctly, that is) that will open doors later on in your career. Great insurance benefits.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid, not to mention underappreciated. The culture has become about making money and reaching "goal numbers" that put a great strain on customer service, patient quality care and employee work life.

Consider your employees as people, not just subjects. Never use phrases when implementing new protocols in meetings such as "if you don't like it, leave". Follow through on promises or agreements made with employees.

Great people, great company!

Former Employee - Clinical Assistant
    Former Employee - Clinical Assistant

I worked at Planned Parenthood

Pros

I worked in a small practice and had a great manager. It was a great experience helping patients and working for a company I believed in.

Cons

The clinic was very small so we had to take on all aspects of keeping the clinic running from receptionist to cleaner.

Planned Parenthood has a great team working for its important mission of reproductive health and rights for everyone.

I have been working at Planned Parenthood

Pros

There are so many opportunities and so many departments -- plus a network of affiliates across the country -- that there are great opportunities for job growth.

Cons

Working for Planned Parenthood is not for the meek since there are so many people who mis-represent the organization's mission and work.

Something has happened to Planned Parenthood!

Former Employee - Clinician
    Former Employee - Clinician

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and decent salary for front office and/or medical assistants. If a new Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant wants a place to get women's health care training, Planned Parenthood is a good place to start.

Cons

If you are a clinician (unless you are a new grad) don't waste your time. Something has happened to Planned Parenthood...they have forgotten who they are. They don't care about the Mission, the patients, or the employees anymore. It is very sad. The patients are treated like cattle and the employees only a means to an end. Maybe some of the areas still have management that believe in the cause but not MarMonte. They will use you and throw you away either when you're making too much money or when you start to complain about the poor treatment of the patients. These statements are not made lightly. I was a clinician for over 15 years and stayed about 5 years too many. I knew they didn't care anymore but I still had hope. Don't waste your time!

Please, please, please remember who you're working for. The patients need you to care. The employees need your leadership. Read the Mission. It mentions nothing about how much money you can make There are people that still believe in you.

Most interesting job I have ever had!

Former Employee - Clinical Assistant in Ogden, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Assistant in Ogden, UT (US)

I worked at Planned Parenthood

Pros

Wonderful staff, great benefits and paid days off. Got to participate in many research studies and community programs.

Cons

Pay scale is very low and raises are hard to get. Can get gossipy between staff at times.

Planned Parenthood Photos