Plasma Computing Group

Plasma Computing Group Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

I have learned how to work in multiple projects in timely manner, communicate and collaborate within a team.

Quality Analyst/Associate Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Plasma Computing Group as a contractor for less than a year

ProsFirst of all, Company culture, friendly and learning environment . we had chanced to talk and communicate with each team members and clients in a collaborative platform. Discussion ,meeting with clients, developer, Quality analyst, designer and project manager together help accomplish the job done successfully.

ConsIt would be helpful for employees if they know in advance that they have some work to do out of their regular or daily basis job. So, it would be help to prepare themselves accordingly.

Challenging, Exciting, but a lot to learn and grow personally/professionally

I have been working at Plasma Computing Group full-time

ProsCovered Parking,
Free Refreshments
Free gym

There is no politics, innovative ideas/suggestions are welcomed.

In a short time frame, you will learn what it would take you years to learn in the corporate world

ConsSometimes the work life balance gets a bit stressful but that is something that one has to learn and improves the way to handle it better with time

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for being flexible, if employees are happy they work harder

A business monarchy controlled by an inexperienced management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Plasma Computing Group full-time

ProsCovered Parking.
Free Refreshments.
Professionally: Zero pros.

ConsOne of the worst things that can happen to an employee is having no Human Resources department to count on. Job descriptions not always match with the daily duties, most of the extra curricular requests are not part of the Job description and it is usually delegated work from higher ranked employees.

The ideal Plasma employee should work 16 hour days and employees and staff are reminded of this by management almost on a daily basis.

The work completed is almost never appreciated, instead it is criticized and compared to the employees overseas and vice versa which creates friction between the local and the overseas employees.

It is clear that management grant things to a selected group of people and certain rules does not apply equally to everyone.

It is very inefficient to have more than 50% of the employees in management or supervisory positions, micromanaging is very confusing, time consuming and exhausting for the ones that have to do the work and having to turn from left to right due to the inconsistency of those micro managers make having department goals an impossible thing to achieve, as a matter of fact I might add that there is no set goals for anyone within the Plasma organization.

Developers are based overseas and having a 10.5 hours time difference affects the outcome. Texas employees are not happy because they have to work very late or very early to be able to communicate with the overseas employees. Texas employees then have to work more than 40 hours per week with no compensation of overtime as allegedly all the jobs at Plasma are Tax exempt (Salary).

Management request that some of the employees take the company Laptop home and to contact the Plasma office overseas daily via phone and virtual meeting but they do not provide Internet coverage or phone lines at home for those employees. If the employee's personal phone is not answered after business hours, management make sure to send an email requesting the personal phone to be answered at any time as it is part of the daily employee responsibilities (not part of the job description). The email containing this information is then sent company wide to all employees.

Management screams at employees overseas over the phone, this by itself is very alarming.

Please take a minute to read the positive reviews for Plasma in here. They all have dates of Jan 3 / Jan 4. Management entered those to compensate for the bad reviews which is not professional. I would suggest management to start correcting the Issues in house to avoid more people quitting their jobs at Plasma for these same reasons.

Advice to Senior Management*Listen to your employees.
*Set department goals and promote the knowledgeable employees to team leads.
*Train your current employees on what they are lacking.
*Demote the people that have no knowledge from project management.
*Appreciate all the hard work from the employees.
*Hire an in House Human Resources specialist.
*Accept change is part of the company growth.
*In the United States employees work 40 hours per week, otherwise they get paid OT.
*Respect employee's time outside business hours.
*Give equal opportunity to go up the ladder to all employees.
*Act professional and accept constructive criticism with a humble attitude.
*Gratitude and respect to current employees is the key to people staying longer.
*Increase employee's salaries to compete with national rates.
*Lead by Example.

Fast paced, challenging, and rewarding.

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Plasma Computing Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorking at Plasma is a wonderful opportunity to learn all there is to know about web design, agile development, and building enterprise grade web portals. Great clients, great co-workers, and a great place to grow personally and professionally.

ConsLike any web job, occasionally have to work late for project deliveries but this is not the norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue fostering creativity among employees and encouraging ideas from all levels.

Excellent company with awesome products.

I have been working at Plasma Computing Group full-time

ProsExcellent company. Great group of individuals to work with. Customers are REALLY impressed our speed on projects and dedication level. Also, we've had some extremely high compliments on several projects. Company provides a lot of flexibility to work on many areas / responsibilities.

ConsThere are none that I can think of. Another point to make is that although we work really hard, there are many people that make it a fun working environment.

Advice to Senior Management2012 was our best year ever. Let’s keep that momentum and make 2013 even better.

Great company with outstanding work environment

I have been working at Plasma Computing Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat technology and product portfolio. Very good collaborative enviroment with excellent commitment to customer support. Stable, profitable, and growing.

ConsNo significant downsides with this company at this time. An excellent environment to work, produce, and learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the momentum and positive direction. Continue to stay on top of industry and technology trends.

friendly co-workers, downtown location

Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Plasma Computing Group full-time for less than a year

Prosnot a lot of things

Consbad management, inefficient, no structure and monopolized by manager, outsourced overseas.

Advice to Senior Managementnobody has any idea about what their goals are. only one head for the entire company and nothign goes forward without approval.

Worked for Plasma Computing Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Plasma Computing Group reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Plasma Computing Group employees.