Press Ganey

Updated 24 November 2014
3.2

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 5 reviews)

• Still has some great people doing some good things (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 5 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Regional Director

Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Best leadership, very well respected by our clients, excellent products and solutions, very satisfied employee.

Cons

Multiple office locations requires greater effort to connect with colleagues

Flexible and forward thinking - constantly changing and challenging employees to go above and beyond.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Career development, opportunities for professional growth, teamwork, flexibility, good leadership, thought provoking

Cons

Sometimes the amount of work surpasses the amount of resources that we have.

Appreciate employees at all levels as much as possible.

My experience at Press Ganey has been rewarding and satisfying.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

We generally work with people that want to have a positive influence on healthcare and peoples lives. The pay is good and we get to be creative in how we work with clients and prospects. Leadership communicates well encourages problem solving.

Cons

Integration of firms we've acquired into one cohesive organization seems to be challenge...not sure why.

Continue to enhance online analytics platform without increased pricing.

Mixed

Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN (US)

I worked at Press Ganey part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a great family atmosphere

Cons

No longer interested in employee retention or ideas

Listen to those other than just Mgmt.

A Hot Mess

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some departments/teams are quite flexible and reasonable about work life balance, including working from home when needed.

Cons

Some departments/teams have a culture of constant chaos, tension and pressure.

The company's new executive team(s) over the past few years have made it very clear that they are not interested in investment or retention of staff level employees. Overall, the morale in my department has improved a bit but remains low.

The company is extremely top-heavy with many executives paid highly to make the important decisions (or, more accurately, to argue with each other over decisions that never get made, or get made only to be reversed within months) and not enough staff to complete work. Executives are out of touch with the actual work going on at any given time.

Lot's of work to come but a bright future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has struggled in the past, but it very much seems to be on the rise. The work environment is casual and my co-workers are friendly and intelligent. There was a management change two years ago and its revitalized a spirit of creativity and new ideas.

Cons

There has been some major changes in the past two years, there is no doubt it has turned the company around. It has however made a few employees a little uncomfortable and resulted in some jumping ship. This has presented a great opportunities to those who stick around to show some initiative but has increased to over all work load.

Do what you can to put employees at ease and get them them behind these changes. The ship is going in the right direction, it just needs the crew to be excited about the course to really pick up speed.

Really Good Team

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This team is very close knit and works hard. I can rely on my colleagues to get things done and we all have a lot of pride in what we do.

The direction of the company is pretty compelling. No one else can do what Press Ganey can today, so I'm proud to work on something really different.

Compensation is good - and there is still a 401k match! (which no one has anymore).

Cons

There's a lot of volume and you have to sort out how and where you are going to spend your time. It's constant prioritizing so you don't get overwhelmed. Not so balanced...

I think it's the same everywhere. But we have a solid company, so it makes it worth the effort.

Sticking to a great mission

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Press Ganey is truly focused on improving the patient experience. Few organizations have the data and front line team to make such a great impact in an important area. There are many great individuals at the company that work hard to achieve the mission and truly care about each other. As an employee, you feel like you can express and implement your ideas without too much red tape.

Cons

Leadership has a tough job staying on top of the market and figuring out where we need to expand to stay competitive. There is a lot of change, which is always difficult. A lot of the employees work remotely, which improves work/life balance but makes it hard to feel daily support from colleagues or simply brainstorm ideas.

Focus on empowering individuals and teams to lead the change that needs to happen. Take a close look at the HR department and recruiting strategy or it will be tough to keep a competitive workforce.

Starting to reap the rewards from a lot of change and hard work

Current Employee - Associate in South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Associate in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to work with our clients to improve the quality of healthcare. After a period of transition, there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel that is getting closer every day. If we continue to work hard, the rewards are now clear to all of us.

Cons

The recent transition required much hard work and I think perhaps the vision was not always clear to those underneath senior management. Communication at all levels has improved greatly in the past year. Keep that up and keep rewarding effective associates at all levels.

Keep up the improved communication and rewarding effective associates at all levels.

Loss of mission, vision and values is damaging those that matter most - the customers (external/internal).

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Casual work environment with benefits (vacation time/insurance). Friendly, educated and helpful co-workers willing to help with tasks. Discount toward gym membership to improve employee fitness/wellness.

Cons

Major disconnect between employees and leadership. Lack of resources and staff to adequately serve the customers. Promotions, if they happen, are rare and typically occur at senior manager/executive level. Huge employee turnover throughout 2013.

Lessons are repeated until they are learned...listen to your employees and implement improvements quickly.