Press Ganey Reviews

Updated 26 April 2015
113 reviews filtered by

Good Company Sadly On It's Way Down

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Bend, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Bend, IN (US)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great product, industry leader

Cons

Since new management has come on board, all that has been done is to begin hiring anyone and everyone that the new CEO has ever worked with followed by those individuals hiring all their friends. The company has burned through massive amounts of capital and work hours and has produced nothing. The company has made multiple acquisitions for which their has been little to no payoff and one in particular that was almost certainly a buddy buddy buyout.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring all your friends and family. Promote from within and halt the massive hiring of VP's and SVP's that is currently spiraling out of control. Define a single direction for the company and pursue it and stop changing direction every few months.

Rewarding, hard work

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern

Pros

Everyone is very dedicated to their work and this leads to very accomplished workers who will do all they can to achieve success

Cons

It is a very corporate environment and can sometimes be very hectic and chaotic, not very laid back despite people being able to work from home

Advice to Management

Emphasize communication between teams and offices -- lots of people are remote workers or are on the road a lot so it makes it that much more important that everyone communicates with each other

Disappointed

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The mission of the organization is meaningful and there are many great people that work there. People often like the work they do. Their core product is strong. Great clients. Good to average benefits.

Cons

The CEO is on a personal power trip and has surrounded himself with buddies who won't disagree with him. Many bad decisions by C-suite and no accountability. Buying companies without successfully integrating. The culture is going downhill. (Many reviews on Glassdoor are fake and written by marketing to improve ratings)

Advice to Management

Clean house at the top and focus on employees. A service organization is only as strong as its people. Don't ignore the talent drain - invest in employee development and culture, and you can turn things around.

Instead of Good to Great has gone from Great to Mediocre

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great front line staff; hard working, caring and intelligent. Wonderful CNO - love her focus regarding the importance of nursing on patient satisfaction. Get to work with great hospitals in various places across the nation.

Cons

Sr Management; more interested in promoting "their" way than making sure what is best for the organization. Too many egos. Not trustworthy - will make a decision one day and then reverse it a week later regardless of how it hurts any employees. Used to promote a small sample for surveying as the best methodology - now promote "every patient" as a way to charge more. Have lost a lot of good people which have been replaced by Sr Mgmt cronies.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about the welfare of the company, its workers and clients more than your own personal welfare.

Making a difference in healthcare by leveraging the unique strengths of really great people!

Current Employee - Service Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The greatest satisfaction comes from knowing you can make a difference. If you have a great idea, you can run with it with blessings and support!

Cons

There are lots of moving parts and it's tough sometimes to see all the inter-related issues and impact of decisions.

Advice to Management

Please continue to push the envelope and innovate to better support our clients. Listen to them, respond to them, remember that we all work for them.

Regional Director

Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best leadership, very well respected by our clients, excellent products and solutions, very satisfied employee.

Cons

Multiple office locations requires greater effort to connect with colleagues

8. Flexible and forward thinking - constantly changing and challenging employees to go above and beyond.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career development, opportunities for professional growth, teamwork, flexibility, good leadership, thought provoking

Cons

Sometimes the amount of work surpasses the amount of resources that we have.

Advice to Management

Appreciate employees at all levels as much as possible.

My experience at Press Ganey has been rewarding and satisfying.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

We generally work with people that want to have a positive influence on healthcare and peoples lives. The pay is good and we get to be creative in how we work with clients and prospects. Leadership communicates well encourages problem solving.

Cons

Integration of firms we've acquired into one cohesive organization seems to be challenge...not sure why.

Advice to Management

Continue to enhance online analytics platform without increased pricing.

A Hot Mess

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some departments/teams are quite flexible and reasonable about work life balance, including working from home when needed.

Cons

Some departments/teams have a culture of constant chaos, tension and pressure.

The company's new executive team(s) over the past few years have made it very clear that they are not interested in investment or retention of staff level employees. Overall, the morale in my department has improved a bit but remains low.

The company is extremely top-heavy with many executives paid highly to make the important decisions (or, more accurately, to argue with each other over decisions that never get made, or get made only to be reversed within months) and not enough staff to complete work. Executives are out of touch with the actual work going on at any given time.

11. Really Good Team

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This team is very close knit and works hard. I can rely on my colleagues to get things done and we all have a lot of pride in what we do.

The direction of the company is pretty compelling. No one else can do what Press Ganey can today, so I'm proud to work on something really different.

Compensation is good - and there is still a 401k match! (which no one has anymore).

Cons

There's a lot of volume and you have to sort out how and where you are going to spend your time. It's constant prioritizing so you don't get overwhelmed. Not so balanced...

Advice to Management

I think it's the same everywhere. But we have a solid company, so it makes it worth the effort.