Principal Financial Group

www.principal.com

Principal Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Principal Financial Group Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Larry D. Zimpleman

Larry D. Zimpleman

Pros
  • work life balance, collaborative work culture, approachable leadership, good salaries(in 38 reviews)

• Great benefits, which is nice because salaries are less than annual averages(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Parking is a little ways away since we're located in downtown Des Moines(in 11 reviews)

• could make work environment more appealing such as offering ergonomic options to offices and desks (although this is currently in progress)(in 6 reviews)

The best job I ever had.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have a great culture, good benefits and treat their employees really well. Top notch HR department. Worldwide opportunities.

ConsLarge company, so not much contact with top management.

Great organisation and Amazing People

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsSeasoned organisation & employee centric. Gives opportunities to employees to experiment and be creative with enough liberity.

ConsTraditional Thinking especially on Technology advancement, Adoption of newer business ideas yet focused on doing whats best known to the company over the last 100+ years

Principal Financial Group was a great place to work for,

Claim Processor (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsOur office manager was very nice and very knowledgeable.

ConsHaving production goals increase every time you were able to meet them was a bit stressful.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strong work life balance.

Intern (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA (US)

ProsFlexed hours. New workspace. Good compensation.

ConsDisconnected hr from other departments.

Great learning experience and great people!

ProsCasual wear, great PTO!, good benefits, most departments adhere to a flexible work policy.

ConsSome departments remain very conservative, which is challenging when the rest of the company is so progressive!

One of my best work experiences in my career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsThis is a great company to work for! The compensation package is very good.

ConsI can't find any cons on this company.

Principal is a good place to work.

Programmer (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA (US)

ProsThe pay is good, the benefits are great, the work place is nice and comfortable. They are in the process of renovating buildings so the environment is great.

ConsThe managers in the department that I work in are kept very busy and they can be difficult to find when you need them because of frequent meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Very Good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosknowledgeable staff, comfortable work experience, work hours are a bit odd but excellent transportation service

ConsGeting a promotion might be a long wait.

good co. to learn business with technology

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Pune (India)

Proswork life balance, collaborative work culture, approachable leadership, good salaries

Consslow growth prospects, perception based management style,

Advice to Senior Managementwalk the talk!!

Great internship experience

Intern - Principal Global Investors (Former Employee) Des Moines, IA (US)

ProsGained a lot of knowledge and was able to meaning contribute to the team. Also had a good work/life balance.

ConsPay for interns was not outstanding and they provided only modest help with finding housing for interns relocating from out of state.

Worked for Principal Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!