Progressive Business Publications

Updated 8 September 2014
Updated 8 September 2014
4.3

Ed Satell

Pros
  • Casual work environment, realistic bosses usually willing to help out (in 11 reviews)

• Strong record of giving back to the community (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Vacation time, no natural light, company culture could be improved because the company seems silo'd at times between different business units (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management should be given an office (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Product Manager

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team environment with support from my manager in all aspects of training and job function. Great people and fun, supportive atmosphere.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company. I left for personal reasons.

Not an ethical organization

Former Employee - Sales  in  Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some good people, most of whom are stuck and unemployable elsewhere.

Cons

Dishonesty - with customers AND employees. They spam people about webinars, telemarket sub-standard newsletters/send people to collections for duping them into a free trial, and send out reports and other products that are just re-purposed from other content. Place is filthy, pay was awful, and promises were never kept. Was there for just over a year (shame on me) before leaving. All the good reviews on here are part of an internal effort to offset the organic negative reviews. Note some of the consistencies of recent good reviews, their spacing, and overly praising language.

Fair opportunity to prove value and provide meaningful contribution

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

There is a sufficient opportunity provided for professional growth, there are impressive philanthropic efforts, and there is an effective use of performance metrics.

Cons

The benefits package is sub-par. There is not a designated individual to handle human resources-related questions and particularly questions related to health benefits coverage. This is a major shortcoming.

Designate an assigned individual to communicate with employees regarding human resources issues and benefits-related issues.

Progressive Business Publications Response

Sep 03, 2014Business Team Manager

We have several people designated to help handle HR and benefits questions. If you are located in a branch, contact your branch manager. If you are located in our Malvern headquarters, you may ask ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I've always been treated fairly and I feel it's a great place to work.

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Expectations are clear -- performance is rewarded. If you are struggling, there is plenty of help available -- you just need to ask. There's a good balance between hard work and socializing. Senior management encourages learning and development both inside and outside the office, and the benefits package is generous, even if the starting salaries are somewhat low for certain positions.

Cons

Technology has not always kept pace with growth.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Boardman, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Boardman, OH (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Excellent opportunities for advancement with the company. Great choice for people that have other obligations (single parents, two jobs, etc). Write your own paycheck!

Cons

It is a performance type position. It may not be the job for everyone. Sometimes people have to leave because they are over qualified and have to take a position making more money.

Continue constant growth through training and development of every employee. Offer incentives to employees in the form of benefits (410K, profit sharing, etc.).

rewarding

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Branch Manager  in  Reading, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Branch Manager in Reading, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

flexible schedule, great people, great pay

Cons

Frustrated at sales standards, the average person cannot excel, company does not cancel subscriptions accurately

lower standards of sales for employees, rent better ventilated office space

Great Place To Work! Career Growth Welcome!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Malvern, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA (US)

Pros

Great work environment, awesome employees to work with, great career development options, benefits are very good for all employees involved, upper management loves to listen to all new ideas, thoughts & concerns. Overall a very good place to work!

Cons

Need more cross-department support for all projects in motion. Salary does not always match current job responsibilities. When people leave sometimes you are just expected to take on more work without much notice. But that being said is a great time to prove yourself and take on new challenges.

Continue 401k & profit sharing, possibly do more team building exercises and activities.

Structure, growth and flexibility.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Pottsville, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Pottsville, PA (US)

Pros

I love the hours. No evenings or weekends. The fact that I am able to grow with the company. They promote from within. The training program is outstanding. A great atmosphere! A very supportive culture. The company knows how important we are. I enjoy coming to work every day. Not many can say that.

Cons

I have never run into any cons that cause me to re evaluate my position here.

Management has done an outstanding job with everything.

A positive environment.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Meadville, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Meadville, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a very friendly atmosphere. There's always plenty of encouragement from Jen and the rest of the management team.
    Plenty of room for growth!

Cons

i wish that the base salary was higher, though i understand that we get bonuses for good performance.

so nice that the hours are flexible to accommodate life happenings such as appointments, and personal needs to be out early or a day off

Fun experiences to be had. Nice people great enviroment

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule. No nights no weekends yeaaaa. Competitive environment. Nice people to work for. Always willing to help.

Cons

Definitely have to sit still and focus. Be goal oriented. Willing to handle rejection

Keep doing what you are doing, encouraging people to grow with the company.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!