Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com

Progressive Business Publications Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Ed Satell

Pros
  • Casual work environment, realistic bosses usually willing to help out (in 11 reviews)

• Strong record of giving back to the community (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Vacation time, no natural light, company culture could be improved because the company seems silo'd at times between different business units (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management should be given an office (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

ProsPBP focuses on playing to the strengths of their employees - recognizing that you're going to be better if you like what you're doing. It is a collegial atmosphere where people work hard but have fun. It's a particularly good company for new college graduates (or interns) as you are given real, meaningful work to do right away.

ConsWhile PBP is a meritocracy and rewards employees who do well with more challenging work (which is good) there is not a lot of turnover so it can be difficult to move up.

Good, Solid Company

ProsThe people are great at PBP--a true team environment where everyone is willing to help you succeed. They are an intelligent, motivated group of people focused on serving customers and moving the company forward. PBP values it's employees and creates opportunities for them to grow.

ConsThey could move to a PTO system and be a little more transparent across departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more transparent about the position of the company...it's just good to know.

Don't fall for it, dont work here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosleadership, commission, freedom and experience

Consmanagement
    strict
    unfair
    poor breaks
    terrible sales goals to hit
    management rude, offensive

Advice to Senior ManagementStart screening your employees!!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Neutral

Account Manager (Former Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

ProsBenefits from day one; flexible for PTO. Laid back environment.

ConsMy position was in sales; the commission on the actual sale was ridiculously low and there was tax onto of that. What is fully expected a person was not laid out.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove internal communication. Invest in employee motivatio

A refreshing and professional company that is interested in your ideas and encourages your best work.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat work/life balance where you can go home at a reasonable time and not have to work nights or weekends. Warm and friendly work environment. Staff are rewarded and moved up based on merit, not politics. We get to provide helpful info to companies that they truly need to run their companies better; keep up in their field, etc. The commitment to philanthropy is stronger than I've seen in any company and employees can take time off during the workday if they want to volunteer for charity work. Senior management is generally open-minded and approachable.

ConsWould be nice if the building had more windows for employees to see the outside greenery.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more paid vacation days.

You Get What You Give

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

ProsSchedule, Holidays Off, Performance-Based Pay, Growth/Development Potential, very little politics.

ConsEquipment/Technology needs updated. Some physical work-space/office updates (cosmetic) also could be helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep The Management By Servitude Philosophy in mind, Throughout the entire organization, at all levels.

Good Experience

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Williamsport, PA (US)

ProsGreat management training program. Opportunities are there for those who want it.

ConsSome of the upper level managers are shortsighted.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open about the direction of the company and the long-term strategy.

Business to Business telemarketing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the people you talked to were great

ConsA lot of the people you worked with, were not professional at all

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen applicants better

Taught myself how to recognize the different types of people, for better sales tactics.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Bensalem, PA (US)

ProsThe upbeat personalities of my coworkers helped me to open up and learn better people skills.

ConsCalling people who do not want to be called and bothered, instead of using a referral system. Bothering small and large companies during their work times and not later in the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training programs, mock sales. Meetings based on the cycles we are in now and not the future ones. To do referrals and not random call tactics.

Decent place for entry-level, not much more

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProfitable company, privately held, not dependent on satisfying shareholders.

ConsLow pay, very flat structure.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!