Publix

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.7 1,124 reviews

Publix CEO and Director Ed Crenshaw

Ed Crenshaw

Pros
  • Great benefits; amazing 401k options; willing to work with a college student's schedule (in 78 reviews)

• Good benefits and pay is raised at a decent amount throughout your career there (in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • I'm pretty sure this is illegal if I am not converted to a full-time employee but make (in 115 reviews)

• People who can only work part time only get to work ONE DAY per week at times (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights
1,124 Employee Reviews

Publix truly is a great place to work! Very deserving of its place on the 100 Best Companies to work for (Fortune).

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lakeland, FL (US)

ProsCompetitive compensation and benefits. Managers that care about their employees professionally and personally. Financially stable. No layoffs. Stock! Free lunch for support, warehouse, manufacturing associates. Opportunity to advance career into many different paths.

ConsSometimes it can take a while to get promoted. This is mainly because it's such a great company that associates turn jobs into careers and work 30, 40, 50 years.

Publix rocks!

Cashier (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsPublix really cares about its associates as well as customers. They're very fair and committed to being the very best grocery store offering excellent service.

ConsEver-changing schedule each week. No consistency with work schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementCalm down when the higher-ups are coming for a visit. If the store is run the right way, there should be no panic attacks when the bosses show up.

Awesome place to work

ProsGreat climate, company will help you achieve your goals. They want to see you succeed!!

ConsPhysical labor; entry level job. Many first time employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are great and always.

ConsTransfers happen a lot you don't stay at one store for to long.

My favorite job

Cake Decorator (Former Employee) Kissimmee, FL (US)

ProsWonderful benefits for employees. You literally own a piece of the company because they give you shares of stock. Great people! Can easily move up in the company.

ConsCustomer is always right and unfortunately you will follow rules the company provides however if the customer insists on having a manager come they override and give them what they want. Ends up making you feel stupid.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so quick to give in to customer complaints, maybe lying thieving customers are worth losing over making your employees look stupid.

Exhausting

ProsAwesome benefits. Great company to work for.

ConsManagement in Montgomery is terrible.

great place to work

Bagger (Current Employee) Pensacola, FL (US)

Proslove working here the people get along with you

Conssometimes you have to stay till midnight

Advice to Senior Managementfhgd

Great Start

ProsGood pay and a lot of encouragement

ConsIf you want to move up you have to have an intense commitment to it

Good overall, customer service team could be clique-y

Cashier (Former Employee) Snellville, GA (US)

ProsGood first experience, working in a team, individual responsibility

ConsCustomer Service Department was clique-y/unprofessional, would gossip at times

Its a wonderful experience filled with happiness and great customer service skills.

Part Time Cashier (Current Employee) Ocala, FL (US)

ProsThis company offers great time off policies, compentastion, and a great attitude workforces.

ConsHandling challenging scenarios dealing with customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise that everyone gets treated equally.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!