Publix

3.7
1,525 Reviews

Publix CEO and Director Ed Crenshaw
Ed Crenshaw

Pros
  • Great benefits; amazing 401k options; willing to work with a college student's schedule (in 102 reviews)

• Good benefits and pay is raised at a decent amount throughout your career there (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • I'm pretty sure this is illegal if I am not converted to a full-time employee but make (in 135 reviews)

• People who can only work part time only get to work ONE DAY per week at times (in 79 reviews)

More Highlights

One Big happy and dysfunctional family.

Current Employee - Customer Service Staff
    Current Employee - Customer Service Staff

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Publix has a firm and stable foundation. They are more secure in employment availability than most places.

Cons

The employees have to work really hard and there pay is not as generous as other. Corporate is really out of touch with what goes on the store level. They think that all store run the same way.

Give better raises;pay your employees a little bit more. A lot of associates are struggling to pay their bills even though they are working 40 hours a week.

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Grocery Replenishment Specialist in Fairhope, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Grocery Replenishment Specialist in Fairhope, AL (US)

I worked at Publix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Publix has a great culture. The management wants to groom people who are willing to step up and take on more responsibility and are flexible about where they can live.

Cons

Same challenges as with any other company. Finding and keeping good employees.

Stay aware, but not involved. No fraternizing!

It was a wonderful experience as a cashier at publix.

Former Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Publix part-time

Pros

They are amazing with their workers and they will do anything for them. Also the pay is good for the work.

Cons

The work is easy but time consuming. The customers that you work with are sometimes terrible and not good.

You should make the training better for some employees because some do not do their jobs as well as they should.

it's a better experience than i initially thought i'd get. what started as a job can easily grow into a career.

Current Employee - Customer Service Staff in Winter Park, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Staff in Winter Park, FL (US)

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than a year)

Pros

if you work at a good location you'll get a legitimate publix experience. your coworkers truly start to feel like family. management is fair but will always push you to do better.

Cons

if you work at a bad location it can feel kinda corporate. more will be expected of you than many different stores. you have to be willing to work.

don't lose that "like family" feeling with your associates no matter their job tittle. that sort of compassion transfers to the customers.

I have worked for the company for quite some time now and I can say that I really like it

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Publix

Pros

Some of the managers are really not that smart, its good if you are part time and they work around school schedules

Cons

The base pay is very little and there is no tip taking and advancement cans sometimes take quite a long time

Some of the managers that are there should really show a greater interest for the employees that would like to move up in the company

Great working here people are extremely nice also. I enjoy working in the cold. I like meeting new people as well.

Current Employee - Publix Cashier in Valdosta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Publix Cashier in Valdosta, GA (US)

I have been working at Publix

Pros

The best reasons to work here would have to be the friends you get to make and the money is really great when you have bills to pay

Cons

there is really no challenges working here but if I had to pick on it would have to be not staying open long enough to get more hours.v

upper management need to hire more people with less experience to Give others a try at it instead of people with big head's

It was wonderful. Great employers

Current Employee - Front Service Clerk in Columbia, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Front Service Clerk in Columbia, SC (US)

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than a year)

Pros

most employees are very professional and work hard

Cons

dress code sucks, and shaving sucks

Solid part-time employer

Current Employee - Clerk
    Current Employee - Clerk

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employee owned company, good opportunities to advance, flexible hours, inventory bonuses are nice, can become cross-trained and work in multiple departments (less boredom and monotony)

Cons

Rude customers, employees can be high school students who couldn't care less about how well the job is done or even if it's done.

talk to employees more, learn about them. Back up employee decisions, assuming they're solid decisions. Encourage office staff to help out on the floor.

Great job for the working student

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Publix part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours
    Above Average Pay
    Great Culture

Cons

Ornery Customers
    Less than capable middle management