PwC

PwC Reviews in Boston, MA US

Updated Jul 12, 2014

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees(in 234 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 801 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 784 reviews)

123 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good for the Career

Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsLets be honest having PwC on your resume is like gold! After that you can go pretty much anywhere in the accounting field.

ConsThey work you so hard and the pay is not worth the hours you put in. You do this job for th possibilities not for the pay...

Advice to Senior ManagementI am noticing a down turn in talent coming through the new classes and for those who are talented a complete abuse of them and their time. People who are abused are unhappy, people who are unhappy leave...

Audit Senior Associate

Audit Senior Associate (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Pros-Intelligent hard-working colleagues
    -Diverse client base
    -Adequate room for promotion
    -Excellent opportunities for learning and development

Cons-Exceptionally long hours during earnings season

Advice to Senior Management-Adopt measures to improve work life balance

Good Start, but Watch Your Back

Associate (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsGreat resume builder and experience. If you want to stay in business, especially accounting, you want to start at a Big 4. It will open a lot of doors.

ConsIt really depends on your team and superiors. If you have a good team, you will mostly enjoy your experience. If not, you will want to leave, especially during busy seasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter work/life balance, if possible.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Audit Intern

Audit Intern (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsPlenty of exposure by rotating clients

ConsNo real personal growth opportunity

Worked at PWC for over a year at the Helpdesk Jobs outsourced to TCS India outsourcer

Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsBig Company lots of users, lots of work to do.

ConsFrom February .2013 until August 2013 , we were steering users to to call an 877 tel. number.

On August 9,2013 , we were told we had until Feb. 28, 2014 to find new jobs as ours were being outsourced.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpathisize

It was an amazing company to work for

Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsFlexible working hours, liberty to choose projects and good work ethics which makes it good . the projects are really challenging and brainstorming sessions are very good

ConsHectic and overburdened. Moreover, the HR is very bad and needs to be more cooperative. i think overall company is good but it needs change at the grass roots

Advice to Senior ManagementHR improvement

Senior Associate - Assurance

Senior Associate - Assurance (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsBroad exposure to various opportunities, people and clients. Especially useful coming straight out of school.

ConsEngagements are consistently understaffed; people are overworked; lots of mind games. Difficult to get onto new projects. High turn over.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a higher value placed on treating people adequately. Throwing around corporate jargon like "work-life balance" does not actually mean staff get to experience this. The idea of working 90 hrs/wk can no longer qualify as a badge of honor - it needs to be eradicated if you want people to stick around in the long run.

its been amazing

Assurance Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Prosgreat pay and work life balance

Conslong hours during busy season

Advice to Senior Managementgive larger bonuses

The work is interesting and challenging with , but at times I feel that my work/life balance isn't great.

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsExposure to lots of different clients
    Travel
    Job security
    Variety in the work performed means no day is the same

ConsLong hours that often keep me at the office or working from home late at night
    Poor work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementThe high performers are taken advantage of. Work is piled on to people who do well but they end up with so much work that they eventually quit because they get so burnt out.

Great People, Great Experience

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsLearn a ton about the business, great people

ConsWork long hours in busy season

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!