PwC

PwC Reviews in Boston, MA US

Updated Jul 12, 2014

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • No work-life balance during busy season because the nature of assurance work (in 237 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting (in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage (in 803 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city (in 787 reviews)

More Highlights
123 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Advisory Intern Experience

Advisory Intern (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsGreat Company. gives you a lot of opportunities to take on projects, initiatives and grow. Everyone is very helpful and make it extremely easy to network with people.

ConsIt sometimes become hard to get on goos projects according to your skills. It is a huge company so one need to strive really hard to be a rockstar at work.

It's all about the people

Experienced Tax Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsI have a flexible schedule which is great when you are putting in a lot of hours. I have worked at several places and these are the best people to work with. People are encouraging, helpful (everyone knows how hard it is when you start your first job out of college). You are also provided with many trainings, more than most companies. PwC definitely makes a point to take care of their own.

ConsDepending on your line of service, there can be tough hours and tough teams to work on. Boston has a rotation program so you are not stuck on the first team you started with when you joined the firm, so you can really get a sense of where you fit best. No matter where you end up team wise though, expect a few parts of the year to have tough hours during busy seasons. That's just an overall Big 4 accounting firm con to expect no matter where you work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the flexibility movement is a great one. Definitely continue along that track to allow greater work-life balance. Also, make sure to hire enough seasonals during busy seasons so people don't get burnt out.

PwC is a solid place to work

Risk Assurance Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsLearn a lot
    Work with great people
    Great resources
    Some flexibility especially during the summer months
    Good benefits
    Different clients all the time

ConsPolitical atmosphere
    Client needs come before your own
    Pay could be better
    X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PwC is a great firm to work at

Seasonal Tax Associate (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsGreat office culture. Everyone is highly qualified and motivated. Good salary as well.

ConsThe training program could have been better.

Experienced Associate - work/llife?

Experienced Audit Associate (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsVery helpful for getting a job after - companies love "Big 4" experience. Most groups also help to expose you to a lot of different areas and provide a lot of learning.

ConsThere is pretty much no work-life balance. Most times they'll say the summers are "slow" and you can take time off, but if you don't schedule it ahead of time you'll be stuck on some project. 60-100 hrs/week year round is not my idea of fun.

What you would expect from a big company

Experienced Associate - Advisory (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Pros-Really nice and talented people to work with
    -Emphasis on diversity
    -Takes care of my cellphone bill

Cons-Never worked on a project that I was interested in although the company promised that they would match interests with demand. It's 95% demand based
    -Really hard to move across practices
    -The annual review process is highly subjective and bureaucratic

good

Tax Intern (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsPersonal Growth and opportunities to gain experience

Conslong hours, no balance between work and social life

A great company but beware of the several (not in general) mean managers and directors

Senior Associate - Advisory (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Prosgreat consulting practice with tools and a lot of space to learn and grow. the company is generous to the employee in terms of sick leave or emergent time-off.

Conshard to get promoted. unlike other consulting firms, which follow the 2 year promotion rule, it's VERY hard to get promoted in pwc comparing to other consulting firms
    there are some managers and directors who are VERY hard to please and treat people with no respect

Advice to Senior Managementreally need to go through some practices who have high turnover and see what the management is doing to drive the talents away

Good for the Career

Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsLets be honest having PwC on your resume is like gold! After that you can go pretty much anywhere in the accounting field.

ConsThey work you so hard and the pay is not worth the hours you put in. You do this job for th possibilities not for the pay...

Advice to Senior ManagementI am noticing a down turn in talent coming through the new classes and for those who are talented a complete abuse of them and their time. People who are abused are unhappy, people who are unhappy leave...

Fun time, long hours.

Assurance Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsGreat people, work is somewhat engaging

ConsLong hours, work can sometimes be monotonous

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!