PwC

PwC Reviews in Boston, MA US

Updated Jul 12, 2014

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • No work-life balance during busy season because the nature of assurance work (in 237 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting (in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage (in 803 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city (in 787 reviews)

More Highlights
123 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

US IT Deskside Support

Technical Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Pros-Work life balance is good. Vacation time and Sick time are Great

Cons-Need to put in a lot of time to be promoted
    -Review process is long
    -Salary is not very good
    -Outsourced all of IT and infastructure

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example not by what the other 4 firms are doing.

Stay far away

Assurance Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsGood name to have on your resume, large firm

Cons-Pay is far below market especially when you consider the hours and expectations
    -Attitude of management and leadership conditioning employees to believe PwC is the very best
    -Firm operates as two separate entities essentially-assurance/tax and advisory. Culture is very divisional as advisory is given greater access to firm resources, and far greater pay and benefits

Excellent exposure, tremendous learning

Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsYou get to travel the world

ConsSometimes you work too much and have no time for family

Advice to Senior ManagementWLB

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Intern (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Prosgood and people are very nice

Consbad and it is boring work

Advice to Senior Managementno

Senior Associate, 1st year

Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Pros- Partners are very open to talking with staff at any level and with giving career advice.
    - Clear promotion track.
    - Looks great on resume.

Cons- Low pay considering the long hours involved.
    - Not that much flexibility since your team dictates your work schedule.
    - Not enough appreciation from managers/senior managers.
    - Must pass CPA exam within first three years with the firm in order to get promoted.

Absolutely an ethic-less company

Director (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsYou will learn nothing and train at becoming one of the best suckers. If you are a technologist please do not bother being part of this firm. Below average talent.

ConsYou won't know how to make up for lost time.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo top heavy and few good workers. Pure and rich talent should be measured outside of allocation % an revenue impact. Make them useful.

Valuable Big 4 Experience...Not Good Long-term

Tax Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsSince it's a large company, there are a lot of resources available to you, on the job and off it. The benefits are really good. You can gain a lot of valuable experience in a short amount of time.

ConsCompetitive services industry gets translated to a very competitive work environment. The company stretches its employees to the limits, taking on unreasonable engagements and expecting high performance 110% of the time. Although this varies a lot by team, I think overall you are expected to put your personal life on hold any time a project requires your time at work. You are constantly evaluated in relation to your peers, even if it's an unfair comparison (you work on different kinds of projects, for example).

Advice to Senior ManagementTake on fewer engagements and provide your employees more balance.

Associate

Associate (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsGreat learning place and people are always willing to coach you. There's always work to be done.

ConsA lot of overtime and you won't get paid enough for your work.

Excellent

Employed (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsHighest Ethics, Quality and People

ConsNone Noted. Great firm, great people.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone Noted

typical big company, more concerned with justifying jobs than actually doing work properly

Senior Associate Actuary (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsIt's a great accounting firm to have on one's resume, for when it becomes worth it to seek a better opportunity later.

ConsAfter working for a small company now, I would never recommend working for a large company to anyone - there's so much time wasted filling out forms justifying your job that you don't actually get to do any work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to run this company of 30,000 more like a company of 30, and everyone will be a lot happier.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!