PwC

3.5 4,328 reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

4,328 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees"
    in 211 reviews
  • "It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting"
    in 109 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is deviated at times (auditing is always a somewhat seasonal business)"
    in 731 reviews
  • "Compensation seems to be disproportionate given the fact that people work long hours"
    in 725 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Experience was amazing

Audit (Former Employee)
Sydney

I worked at PwC as an intern for less than a year

ProsManagers and 'buddies' are always there for you to ask questions. My calendar was full before the internship start date, thanks to my buddy who was super organised. Learnt a lot on the job which was great, as well as the culture and work procedures.

ConsVery dependent on the person assigned as the interns buddy. First impressions last, so make sure to have a positive one because they are the ones who review you for a job offer!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should continue to be involved in an intern's skill set building and expose them to the broader picture of an interns role in a case.

Long hours & no recognition

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Great graduate training and development
- Global reach
- Great clients

Cons- Poor culture of working late and not treating staff well
- Just a resource that gets worked hard, they only care about $$$
- Not enough staff

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your biggest asset, your people

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC

ProsGreat place to work. Open culture.

ConsMore training opportunities for employees

A place without encouragement at all

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood reputation, good for an undergraduate to start the career, but a bad place for the experienced worker

ConsDiscrimination of non-english speaking people, No rewarding for hard working people and just bullying

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say, demonstrate the value you told your staff, caring, embrace the differences

Occasionally mundane, but generally good

Trainee (Current Employee)
Sydney

I have been working at PwC full-time for less than a year

ProsThe people and culture are in generally really good, there's a fairly large support network which is helpful. Opportunities are frequently published.

ConsThe work can be mundane, it can be challenging and all over the place. Benefits and remuneration are not as high as other workplaces can be, and hours can be flexible, but can also be long.

The good, the bad and the ugly

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros* Experience - one year gives at least as much experience as three years at any other company
* PwC probably has the best tools and technology compared to other big 4 firms
* Amazing clients

Cons* Politics - it is so bad that nothing else really matters
* Lack of transparency
* Backstabbing - no one can be trusted, even people that appear to be your friends

Advice to Senior ManagementStart appreciating people based on what they do, not on what they say.

Over worked, under payed

Auditor (Current Employee)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLooks good on the resume to future employers

ConsDoesnt value its people and overworks them

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your people, actually make an attempt to retain tallent

Great people policies

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 8 years

Opportunities
Work variety
Brand
Value in market

ConsCan be long hours if you don't push back
Leadership in power very much affects the culture of the firm
Need to choose a good team and manager
Low pay

Bad place to work with bad culture applicable to AUS only.

Manager (Former Employee)
Melbourne

I worked at PwC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood global brand and looks good on your CV.

ConsReally bad culture and bullying by partners and seniors is common at PwC for new comers. If you're from the industry you wont be respected for your skills and experience. Seniors who have been in PwC for years stay there because they will be kicked out if they go in any other industry. Seniors (especially partners) do not have skills, deep expertise but are good at politics. They're very critical of people from the industry even though they themselves dont have any real skills. "Embrace the difference" is one of PwC values, it is never ever displayed by senior staff. No surprise PWC people NPS score is shamefully low(0). No teamwork in this culture - only bullying. Some seniors and partners are spreading venom in their culture and just undoing the work of PwC in making it a conducive environment to work. I am not sure how other PwC cultures are internationally.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake People NPS a KPI of partners and dont tolerate seniors who bully other (something I called partner power)

Very Depressing. Bullying is the norm in this firm

Consultant (Former Employee)
Sydney

I worked at PwC full-time for more than a year

ProsA good place to develop professional skills (both technical and soft skills). You will learn about planning, organizing, dealing with people. The most valuable skill I've ever learn is to be able to survive and learn on your own without help as you will most likely be thrown into a deep end with very limited coaching and guidance. The firm has wide range of training and self-learning resources.

The firm is a good place to build your reputation on resume. Stay for 2-3 years and move on is the best plan for your career. My credential has been improved a lot because of my work with PwC and now hold senior position.

ConsSuperiors are not available when you need them. They don't spend much time on coaching and guiding the juniors. Development is your own responsibility. When juniors make mistakes, they will put it in performance appraisal but they don't not acknowledge that the they contribute to the mistake due to failure to provide necessary coaching and guidance.

Bullying is very alive in this firm. Superiors will do anything to shift the blame. Juniors are often victimised.

Performance is not solely based on hard work and committment. Skills are not enough. You need to play the politics, use your charm and wits to survive in this firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture from the top. No more bullying please

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All 4,328 reviews are posted anonymously by PwC employees.