PwC

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.5 4,727 reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees(in 234 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 801 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 784 reviews)

4,727 Employee Reviews

Has been a great firm. Changing Culture - losing it's MOJO.

Director (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsGreat network of people. Broad range of services. Has looked after it's people well in the past including L&D and interesting projects. .

ConsConsulting grown too quickly. Become too much of a beast. Work-life balance has got worse, not better. The current staff satisfaction scores (NPS) aren't encouraging.

Advice to Senior ManagementHas become too much of a focus on metrics and less on people

Miserable place to work for back office staff

Back Office Worker (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic social scene, good name to have on CV, relatively fast interview process

ConsLow pay, incompetent management, salary level, bonuses, opportunities awarded purely on how much your manager likes you on a personal level, a lot of nepotism and reverse sexism.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating back office staff with some dignity

Good for the CV

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Good exposure to different industries
    - Types of work can vary keeping it interesting

Cons- You have to sacrifice your personal life to get ahead
    - If you are "different" you will not fit in and will be overlooked for decent work

Advice to Senior Management- Try using the values with people in mind, rather than money

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for the cv

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsGood exposure to interesting clients & work. Good opportunities if you aren't afraid to back yourself... And you get lucky.

ConsPromotions and pay. Some divisions can have a "high-school" vibe to them. Also, there is an element of "intellectual arrogance" with the "private school" brigade.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not high school anymore. Catchy "values" and feel good platitudes aren't worth the breath expended on uttering them without sufficient follow up.

Terrible!

Anonymous (Former Employee) Brisbane

ProsSome nice people. Office was in a good location. That's about it. I've given one star because I couldn't give 0.

ConsLong hours, bad pay and some really obnoxious, self involved, heartless people (particularly in management)

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less egotistic - you all started in the same place

Not intellectually stimulating

Consultant (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsGood processes and very structured

ConsNot much personal development and the culture is not very collegiate

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and show us how actions are related to strategy

Great for development but remuneration is poor

Advisory Manager (Current Employee) Sydney

Pros- Great for professional development
    - Wonderful opportunity to work in a high performance culture
    - Like minded and sharp colleagues
    - Good training and networking opportunities
    - Have taken some very good recent initiatives on improving its "people"part of the business

Cons- Poor remuneration for the abilities and skills of its employees (benchmarking against the other big 4 isn't going to fool anyone)
    - Ratification process at the year end meetings are very subjective (don't be fooled by the ïts very thorough process"" official garb) and lacks transparency
    - Fee structures for clients have not always kept pace with the greater economic environment

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is a wonderful company with a lot of positives as mentioned above. However, unless you remunerate your staff better, it will remain nothing more than a training school (given that it's also part of the Big 4 model).

Positive and challenging, but with potential for significant downside

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, generally focused on outcomes
    Opportunity to challenge yourself

ConsSignificant cost focus at expense of people
    Values heavily promoted but actions not always consistent

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more sharing of goals for the future. If times are going to be tough, then best to tell people up front.

Penny Pinchers

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLight, clean offices
    Good People
    Centrally Located

Cons'IT' is behind the times
    Outsourcing is being considered

Lots of interesting projects and constant learning.

Manager (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsGreat colleagues - you get to work with lots of really smart people.

ConsHigh workload, culture can be quite competitive.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!