QuEST Global

www.quest-global.com

QuEST Global Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Ajit Prabhu

Pros
  • Good opportunities to learn things as u'll be exposed to lot of things in the area of your work(in 3 reviews)

• entry level is fine to meet other companies(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Team leads have degrees in political science and other non-engineering degrees(in 5 reviews)

• No paid Holidays and to many days off(in 3 reviews)

Huge growth potential!

ProsRapid growth creates lots of opportunities for learning and promotion
    Great people and values

Conswork/life balance
    cyclical work leads to layoffs in drastically down markets

Advice to Senior Managementtry to fill vacancies from within the company to create strong career paths

Fantastic Engineering Services Company with a very forward looking management

Vice President STRATEGIC INITIATIVES (Former Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsI would have to say the global culture is instilled the moment you become a QuESTian, and have enjoyed the experience of multi-national working.

ConsNew services are difficult to deliver across multiple sites, a key to success is to build the strength across global sites and this means a certain amount of burning candles at both ends!

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth is going to arrive when you embrace the opportunities in all of the talented people you have in QuEST-Global, just don't miss great innovation or options because you have tried it before and it didn't work.

It's a pay check and your colleagues are alright

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rockford, IL (US)

ProsNo time clock
    Parking is nice

ConsLack of communication and there is no room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication can be helpful.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HR Specialist

Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood work culture
    good pay package
    challenging work situations

Consstreamlining the database and reports for analysis and decision making purpose for the higher management

Advice to Senior Managementto automate processes

A refreshing and exciting place

Senior Officer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsVery open environment. Some of the best people to work with. People have true team work spirit. Flexible and agile company. Fast growing hence presents numerous opportunities to learn and develop yourself. Senior leadership involves in building the culture and connecting with every employee at every level.

ConsNon integrated HRIS - need to fill in data in a lot of places, its not consolidated in one database. But its soon to be changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing a great job in QuEST. I would advice to build a strong culture at this point when employee count is low so that every one can adapt to the huge growth that the company foresees in future

Frat house with zero communication, no training, and no room for true advancement

Project Engineer (Former Employee) East Hartford, CT (US)

ProsFlexible work hours, Medical, dental and vision plans decently priced for value

ConsPTO Policy recently switched - removing PTO days, adding holidays (fake benefit). Annual bonus capped at 2%, metrics rigged to never pay out full amount (this year less than 20% of the company metrics were met), Compensation easily 30% below market value, no bereavement time, punished for using Non-PTO (even when sick and out of the few PTO days given), management behaves like a fraternity - spends most of the time hanging out and chatting with each other in plain view of employees, only advancement is through management - leading to AWFUL managers with bro-like mentality and no leadership skills leading horribly underpaid employees with far more value to the company than they recognize, communication laughable at best of times, training is limited to very few hours since billable time is law, actual work done doesn't matter to them, being sheep and following orders blindly will get you ahead

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise salary to meet market value, give fair PTO schedule, offer alternate advancement routes than management, rewarding actual work done instead of just promoting your buddies, work on communication, add a real training schedule and allow for it in the budget, decide whether you want a frat house or a highly professional office - stop shooting only for the appearance of a professional workplace, pay attention to the work done instead of just your power trips, promote real leaders and managers instead of your friends

Project Engineer

SPA (Current Employee)

ProsVery laid back environment and clean office.

ConsLacks leadership for new hires.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training.

Great career growth for self motivated engineers

Engineer (Current Employee) East Hartford, CT (US)

ProsWork-life balance is great, hours are flexible. If you do not like what you're working on, you can learn a new discipline or work on a different part.

Access to the global network of engineers is very cool. We have many customers in different industries who are at the forefront of technology.

Career growth opportunities are prevalent if you are a competent, driven engineer. You have to pave your own career path, it will be hard, and you will be challenged. If that's your thing, then QuEST is for you. If you want an easy job, QuEST is also for you. If you want an easy job where you make a bunch of money, you should have gone into software engineering. If you are passionate about technology & problem solving, you will find this job very rewarding.

QuEST is evolving as it ages, you will notice many changes happening that align with the customer's position in their industry. It is a young company, so processes are still being worked out, but QuEST is not afraid to take a risk to try a new service or mode of delivery. It is very exciting as an engineer to be on the forefront of these new deliveries. It can feel very entrepreneurial.

ConsInexperienced managers and enablers. Process people (project management and quality) functions should be run by experts in their fields, not by project engineers who grew up in QuEST (too much bias).

Limited talent pool makes this a great opportunity for self-starters, but the disorganized middle mgmt/center managers can stunt growth of talented individuals. This is perceived to be an ego issue, but is probably just because of lack of experience in mgmt. There are always ways around management if you are resourceful./

Not all managers are inclined to change, which is a core value, and a critical success factor for QuEST. This attitude holds us back.

No system for escalating HR issues. HR is in India, the US HR team does what they can but they are stretched too thin.

Too many QuEST employees assume they work for the customer instead of for QuEST, so they have the wrong perception of their job (job title, compensation, responsibility). This should be managed better by center & program managers.

Heavy emphasis on metrics is preventing growth and evolution of the company. No credit (praise or monetary reward) is given to employees. So if you are the type of person who needs to be told you're doing a good job all the time you will likely not enjoy working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuEST needs robust training for new managers, less emphasis on metrics and more emphasis on solving customer needs.

Management's message is not communicated or flowed down at all, in any system. Unless you have a manager who knows to do this, it will not happen. Operations leaders have to fix this to keep their employees engaged. As long as your employees understand why the company makes the decisions they make, the easier it will be to keep them on board with your goals.

Great for starting out but you wont make much.

Engineer (Former Employee) Rockford, IL (US)

ProsExperiance is not needed. They are perfect for fresh out of college and you can't seem to find a job.

ConsThe money isnt great. The benifits are very minimal. They are great with military.

Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Current Employee) East Hartford, CT (US)

ProsThe only Pros of this job are the flexible hours and the fact that its a full time job out of college. basically, as long as you work 40 hours from Monday - Friday they dont really care how you break them up (5 8hour days, 4 10hour days, anything in between). The company found me, as I did not apply for this job. There are a few people here that are pretty friendly but most keep to themselves. Depending on what you do you will be able to go to Pratt now and then.

ConsI'm not sure where to begin. Most of the reviews here are mirror images, everyone has the same opinion on this place. As first I thought it would be okay for the time being and my first job out of college but i have quickly realized how over-qualified I am with a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. Training is basically nonexistent, and you will probably learn what to do and not do more from your peers than your higher ups. Expect to be lost the first 2-5months on what you're "supposed" to be doing, as nobody here really has a clue. Pay is nowhere near what college promises, and it seems as though to get to that "college promised" yearly earning you will have to work here a VERY long time. A college degree in anything basically means nothing here, as people from all walks of life make about the same. This job simply consists of excel, a few computer programs that you are never fully taught how to use, and your phone. No real knowledge of planes is needed although Pratt people talk to you like you've hand built your own rocket ship sometimes. Some holidays are paid, most are not. it all runs off of Pratt's schedule. if they are open, we are open. Vacation days can be "bought" but if you do not opt into this plan you will not receive many. On another note, in the past 6months I have seen at least 10 people just on my floor quit... people notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining is severely lacking. Unless you ask, nothing is taught and even when questions are asked you are given the run-around to find somebody who knows the answer.
    More Pay- degree holding employees should be compensated as such.
    More time off - more vacation/ paid holidays would be great

Worked for QuEST Global? Contribute to the Community!