QuEST Global

Updated 23 October 2014
Updated 23 October 2014
2.6

Ajit Prabhu

Pros
  • Flexible work hours, Medical, dental and vision plans decently priced for value (in 7 reviews)

• The work hours are very flexible (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You're handed work to do but upper management doesn't understand the work scope (in 7 reviews)

• Team leads have degrees in political science and other non-engineering degrees (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Acceptable

Current Employee - Quality Systems Auditor in Lansing, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Systems Auditor in Lansing, MI (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are pleasant to work with.

Cons

Benefits could be much better.

A great learning experience

Former Employee - Heat Transfer Engineer in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Heat Transfer Engineer in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wide variety of projects to work on and learn from. Flex time has been reduced in recent years, but overall a pretty laid back environment from what I've experienced

Cons

There was A LOT of dead time. Their project planning wasn't exactly the best either: there are a lot of transfers between offices due to changes in demand for the contract work. This leads to a lot of downtime and office transfers (as in: move to another city, or find a new job).

Keep engineers applied, make sure we are learning new things at all times.

Great company, lots of opportunities to grow.

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Excellent working environment and team support
    - Good vision and strategy for development
    - Great training programs for employees
    - Excellent Project Management Process
    - Great Values and heavily involved in making the world a better place

Cons

- Below average Salary
    - Vacations can be denied if working for customer (this is not QuEST fault, but your customers dependence on you)
    - Upper Management takes long time to make decisions

- Pay your employees a competitive salary to retain them
    - You should be more active in dealing between your employees and their customers when they want to take a vacation

They paid me, I gained experience.

Former Employee - Mechanical Designer
    Former Employee - Mechanical Designer

I worked at QuEST Global as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very few, If any.
    I got paid mostly on time.
    What can I say. There aren't very many advantages to working for Quest. I had no choice.

Cons

Where do I start:
    There was very little to no communication between me, the client, and my superiors.
    My "boss" changed multiple times; 1st boss wasn't even in my country, 2nd boss was but could care less about interaction.
    Benefits were offered but they weren't even worth the drop in salary.
    Almost zero communication after 1 year contract ended; zero loyalty to hard workers.
    Required to write your own exit interview.
    Never actually met face to face with anyone from the company.
    Payroll services were over seas so a major time difference was involved.
    I could keep going on and on about why you should think twice about this company.
    I would say only work for them if you're going to be homeless tomorrow.

People are not commodities; they are assets. Good and hard workers are worth their weight in gold.

Great starter job or retirement job, not a career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pays well for what is essentially high level admin work
    Flexible work hours
    Opportunity to make strong contact with customers to further career

Cons

Runs like a temp-agency
    Absolutely no professional or personal growth opportunities
    Raises and Promotions are negliable
    Management is immature and often less knowledgeable of the work than those they manage
    HR and Management pick and choose which policies they want to follow but will hide behind another policy if they get caught lying, cheeating or making a mistake
    Metrics are geared to make HR and Management lives easier, and have NOTHING to do with the actual work.

Listen to your employees! You put in great efforts to attract the best, so treat them that way.

Just okay

Former Employee - Project Engineer in East Hartford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in East Hartford, CT (US)

I worked at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

The main pro of this job is that you aren't OVERWHELMED with work all the time and can take things easy (most of the time). That also becomes a negative at times because you can get so bored and have to beg people for work. You can also take unpaid time off as you please (granted you aren't going to get paid for it). Also most people there are young and friendly. This is a good TEMPORARY job if you need some experience.

Cons

This isn't a career. Pay is not good enough and raises are the most pathetic/insulting amounts. PTO/vacation time isn't good enough. You're not doing any fulfilling work. Most of the work is tedious things that people at Pratt just don't want to deal with. Turnover rate is high because this place just doesn't have much going for it. Upper management does not care about employee satisfaction AT ALL. All they care about is the numbers and billing customers. The whole company is so out of touch with how to run a successful and productive place with satisfied employees. A lot of people there are MISERABLE because the work is so soul draining.

Actually care about your employees and give better benefits/perks/pay. Stop wondering why retention rate is so high when its blatantly obvious employees aren't getting enough reasons to stay.

its ok...

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

service provided to the clients are good...

Cons

management must seriously consider about paying lesser salaries...

Organisation As a Whole

Former Employee - Lead Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Lead Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really good organisation to work, lot of growth , colleges are really friendly and supportive , managers understand your work pressure still as deadlines hold true you need to gear up, all in all good coampany

Cons

killing work pressure, but that gives let you explore another world

keep doing good

Worst place to be - wish I cud give negative rating !!

Current Employee - Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing at all. May be flexible work timings ( with compulsory 9.5 hours login - even if ur on bench!!!)

Cons

Worst work culture. No work ethics no respect for women employees. Horrible management with nil communication skills . take it or leave it attitude by management . if u are from one of the top MNC u can't survive in this place even for 6 months .
    Wats promised is not given. After joining I was shocked with the attitude of co workers . this place s worst than a boo!! Pl don't fall for their false promises in d interview ..

Good for first job out of college

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in East Hartford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in East Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

There's a great group of people on the engineering team; most are young and recently graduated from college, which makes for a fun environtnment.
    Work-wise you get exposed to many types of analyses and there's a lot of variety between projects. You have the chance to learn new programs and everyone is willing to help.
    Hours are also flexible and you have the chance to do overtime.

Cons

Upper management is incompetent, that is the worst part about QuEST. Nothing gets completed on time, promises are made and never followed through with, and decisions are made without discussing it with those it will affect.
    There is a huge emphasis on meeting metrics and making sure everything you do contributes to the company's profits. To the point where it feels like no one cares about the employees. Hiring inexperienced and unqualified people is not going to help the company, even if they are cheaper to higher.
    There's also no real career path if you're looking for a technical position. The only way to advance is to go into management, but few engineers want to do that. Seems like most people won't stay any longer than 5 years there.

Hire managers with actual management experience. Recognize employees for their hard work. Talk like human beings and don't use buzzwords in every sentence. Handing out real raises each year will help keep your employees happy. Everyone knows they could work for Pratt and make 10-20k+ more a year in salary. There's nothing keeping people at quest after they've gained a few years of experience.