Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

www.qbsol.com

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Perry Turbes

Great Experience

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsLots of experience and responsibility straight out of college. Friendly people. Open workplace where employees are encouraged to ask questions. Mentor program for new employees. 4 week training teaches lots of information/technologies. Opportunities to help out with recruitment process. Flexible work time frames (as long as you put in your 9+ hours). Really intelligent co-workers. Work activities can change day by day, so tasks will never be boring. The company is doing great overall in their industry.

ConsOther employees will know and gossip about your new role/project before you even know it (so you'll usually hear unofficially first). Some employees have to work long 12+ hours days on projects and generally seem unhappy. High turnover. Sometimes it is difficult to have a charge code to apply all 9 hours of your work day. Depending on the teams, there can be issues in communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee retention. Ensure all managers & above are openly communicating tasks. Find a way to ease the stress of charge codes.

Great people, great management, hard to balance with lifestyle

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsSmart people, top talent from the best universities in Texas and nearby.
    The managers are friendly and it is a nurturing workplace
    Top dollar salary
    A lot of growth opportunities
    Business is BOOMING, adding several clients per year and hiring more than 30-50 people per year to handle the workload

Cons90 Hrs/week minimum expected
    Delivery team sometime works 14hr days
    No ability to take every other Friday off as is common in other Oil/Gas companies
    Benefits are not great
    2 weeks vacation

QBS had some good people there overall.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsLearned a lot while I was there. Was able to grow and strengthen some of my skills.

ConsManagement cant seem to figure out how to get it all to work. High turnover. Work hours -- require you BILL 9 hours daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees. They are not happy with all the changes you keep making. And just because someone has been there and is a senior person does NOT make them a good manager!!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company that continues to grow year over year

ProsAt Quorum, your success is what you make of it. The company provides its employees with tons of opportunities to stretch their skill set and learn new things. Promotions and compensation are merit based and the company has a strong history of promoting from within.

The company has a strong success in recruiting college hires, as well as, experienced hires. The employees have a wide range of college degrees and the company recruits from the oil and gas industry and from people with technical or consulting backgrounds. Therefore, the employee base is very diverse and have incredibly well rounded skill sets.

ConsAlong with its software, the company also performs consulting services for their clients. Whether it's supporting existing clients, or implementing software at a new client, the company expects its employees to take exceptional care in providing services to their clients. That means expectations from an accountability and a performance perspective are extremely high.

Quorum is a great place to develop your career.

ProsGreat People, Long term vision and growth, Care about their Clients

ConsCompany expects employees to be hard working, high achievers

Great Place to Build a Career

ProsGreat place to learn a lot about the oil and gas business and technology. Lots of training to take advantage of. Company has a strong focus on mentoring. The people are great, lots of high performing, smart and personable people. Talented leadership team with many that started their careers at Quorum.

Compensation is very competitive. Office facilities and location are top notch.

ConsConsulting is a tough business, travel and hours can be challenging for some people to manage effectively.

Rewarding place to work with career opportunities proportional to ambition

ProsThe people are talented individuals from top to bottom with a culture centered around mentorship, employee development, and dynamic work opportunities. You will learn a lot about the oil & natural gas industry, develop meaningful technical skills, and have opportunities to gain responsibility very early on. A significant portion of the leadership is "home-grown" talent. Financial compensation is very good and merit based. Social and team-building activities happen frequently at the vertical / team level to build camaraderie.

ConsExpectations are high to continue to build on the company's success, so scrubs won't last very long and need not apply.

Challenging, fast-paced environment but rewarding in experience and compensation

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsLocation, training in software, rich industry experience, collaborative work environment

ConsNot enough vacation time, travel time is not billable to the company

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior managers and above can always be more approachable and friendly

Consultant in software

Prosvery open environment for learning

Consmore technical then recruiters lead on

Good place to start a career

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsSmall, young company provides opportunities to gain a lot of responsibility quickly.

ConsCompany isn't very interested in employee retention.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart conducting exit interviews and focus more on employee retention.

Worked for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!