R.R. Donnelley

Be The First To
Add Photos

R.R. Donnelley President, CEO, and Director Tom Quinlan III

Tom Quinlan III

Pros
  • Work/life balance is very flexible and the office is very casual(in 11 reviews)

• needed a job the opportunity presented itself easy enough to learn good people that I(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • frequent rotational shifts disturbs our work life balance(in 14 reviews)

• Unless you are "buddy buddy" with upper management you will not advance(in 20 reviews)

Fair to partly cloudy.

Developer (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsUse of multiple technologies allowed.

ConsCorporate overhead can be a bit much.

Better than most transportation companies.

Dispatcher (Current Employee)

ProsNice people for the most part.

ConsGlass ceiling depending on certain aspects, sometimes not quite fair..

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more internal employees for open positions than you do.

Low Salary

Research Associate (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsFriendly Collegues and low work pressure. Never Stretched beyond working hours

ConsStringent rules and low salary package. Fear of getting sacked when the project is closed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Lenient to the employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good money but a lot of overtime!

Material Handler (Former Employee) Mattoon, IL (US)

ProsVery good pay. Most of the people are not bad to work with and three half hour breaks in an eight hour shift.

ConsVery long hours!!! 12 hour shifts constantly and a lot of working weekends. It leaves no time to spend with your family.

Good place to work, but not when you want day shift hours...

ProsMoney is good, good people to work with. Easy work.

ConsAnyone can get a job on 2nd shift or 3rd shift... very VERY hard to get on day shift.

Large company but recognize talent and focus on retention

Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsI've been with RRD for almost 6 years and work in sales. The company is giant so mobility is tangible and they focus on keeping sales employees happy. Their acquisition strategy is robust, they're always looking to scoop up the big opportunities, which only strengthen their value proposition.

ConsCompensation for sales is limitless on the commission payment structure. Compensation for those not in sales tends to be on the low side. This creates a palatable dichotomy between sales and production and individual facilities. I'ts quite common as far as the industry goes though.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on sales training and continuous learning programs.

Established culture, nice people

Project Manager (Current Employee) Logan, UT (US)

ProsThis particular facility was full of extremely kind, experienced people that were willing to give their own time to help you progress in your position and career. Willing to work with school schedule and family responsibilities.

ConsPotential limits to growth if not willing to relocate, as people seemed to stay for a long time at the company. .

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a little more time to make the work facility more animated and lively. Was a bit drab and out of date, though not a big deal.

A good company to work for

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsYou will get enough time for yourself an for family.

ConsWeekend calling should not happen

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't call for weekend .

Bindery - Easy work if you don't mind repetition.

Feeder (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA (US)

ProsMost of the co-workers and supervisors are friendly. Fine place to work if you don't mind repeatedly doing the same exact same thing for an entire 8 hour shift.

ConsWorking in the bindery becomes quite a drag after a few short weeks. The job does not require you to know or learn any specific skills. Most of the time you are doing the same thing over and over, which is loading lifts of product into the bindery machines. Work day is slow because of the mundane work that you are required to do. Not very challenging at all. If you work full-time there is always a good chance that you will be forced to work overtime on any given day. You are required to work every other weekend. Not much room for advancement in the Bindery department. You can become an Assistant Operator and then an Operator, that is it as far as I'm aware.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a few extra bodies so you don't have to constantly force employees who do not want to work overtime, to work overtime.

Office staff

Anonymous (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsWork life balance, good colleagues and understanding superior, idea place for retirement

ConsLimited benefit, poor bonus (few hundred buck even company make a lot profit), poor increment, no career advancement opportunity

Advice to Senior ManagementSometime the person who speak loudest doesn't mean he is right, pls judge by your common sense

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!