RGIS

Updated 24 February 2015
Updated 24 February 2015
2.6

John Ling

Pros
  • flexible hours and days you offer your availability days nights weekends (in 26 reviews)

• If you dont want to work full time but you have flexible schedule this is a perfect job for you (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Management plays favorites, long hours, no respect, people they hire are lowest of the low (in 17 reviews)

• Twice we stood around for 2 hours with nothing to do and this was at 2am on the weekend (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

learning process is slow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

its nice to be with the company with the ethics matches. famous company grabs more growth chances. Nice learning process.

Cons

I really don't know what shall I be paid on the position where I m. I am not provided any books with the information which shows the proper salary.

Provide every single details regarding their benefit to the employees. company should have recognition program to motivate employees. and never stop them if they want to grow.

RGIS and APH

Current Employee - Auditor
    Current Employee - Auditor

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

Love the job easy

Cons

Soemtines not guaranteed hours . Ive been here going on 2 months I know I shouldn't really worry about my APH Cuz "ACCURACY FIRST" I NEED HELP MOVING UP how do I move up I know there is tricks n cheat systems man idk what I'm doing wrong I'm getting more comfortable . anybody give me some advice please ? I just stresses me cuz it makes me feel like "oh you're slow ,not good enough" ..! My accuracy is pretty damn good but my speed idk wat I'm doing wrong I've been getting to be more and more in the green lately lol

Not a bad first job.

Former Employee - Inventory Expert in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Inventory Expert in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at RGIS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Your pay is determined by your average per hour. You work at a different place every day so it isn't repetitive or boring.

Cons

Your pay is determined by your average per hour. You work at a different location, every single day. You don't get paid for travel unless it is over an hour. Sometimes you're so understaffed you will work 12 hour shifts, other times there is so many people to help, you may only get in a 4 hour work day. If you don't drive, you'll be taking the bus to terrible neighborhoods at all hours of the day/night. They have meets to accommodate you, so you're squished in a van of 11 other people who were more than likely convicted of something or previously addicted to drugs. Each district thinks their district is better than other district. MAYBE you'll get an actual break after 5 hours but it depends on the work load. The environment is dirty and disgusting. You count for hours at a time without a break until you feel like your head is going to explode. It's not a bad job to work at as your first job, or if you've been convicted of anything but stealing, or if you've once been addicted to drugs. But long term or for a goal driven individual, this is not a good job.

Make sure you're properly staffed for each store per size. Allow your staff a proper break. Make sure the stores properly prepped the store for counting.

An incomparable first hand experience of all types of inventory management.

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Carbondale, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Carbondale, IL (US)

I have been working at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This job gives me the ability to see how all types of companies manage their inventory, while allowing me to attend college full time.

Cons

The only con to this job is that some workdays can last 20+ hours, but I enjoy working so I truly do not mind it.

RGIS review

Current Employee - Inventory Auditor, Specialist Level
    Current Employee - Inventory Auditor, Specialist Level

I have been working at RGIS

Pros

I like this job. I've worked in retail management for like 13 or more years and did not want to do it anymore. I knew about RGIS from working with them in stores I managed. The pay starts low but u have plenty of opportunities to move up and to get overtime, very often, if you show the effort that you want to work.

Cons

We hire anyone. Not many people last but I live in Philadelphia area so we get a lot of "ghetto" employees because we don't do background checks. I love that the company gives people on parole or with bad pasts a chance but some of the people are really unproffesional. They are very nice but I know we get made fun of for bring "ghetto". But the ones that are good and last are great! Fun people to work with.

Do not bring in new people and make them supervisors when u have people who have been there for a year or more and not give them the opportunity. I was told I would be trained to run stores but instead a few people who just got hired are being pushed into supervising. A company should not disregard the people who are willing to move up and hire new people to move up fast despite we say we want to. I feel disrespected and quite upset about it.

Job became my full time.

Former Employee - Team Leader in Memphis, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at RGIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a great job for people with little outside associations or family, if not it can strain you. You are always allowed to change your availability and take off; I would frequently take off a week or weekend for vacation without any punishment in a smaller schedule.

In this job you will work with a lot of different people, from the lowest of the low trash to some people you'd be proud to call your friends. There is no "set" schedule, every week is different and you can be called in to a store last minute or even be canceled out of an event last minute.

There is opportunity to travel, but in this you do not actually get to sight see unless it is on the way to the store, or you drove yourself. In 303, anything outside of a 30-mile radius from the office there was a company van for you to ride.

This job there is room for advancement and raises. Some stores I could make $15/hr. Some weeks, especially in January you can work a full-time job and then some. I worked 168 hours in a two week period, with 70-80 hours a week not out of the norm.

Cons

I did say you can work with the lowest of the low, in terms of co-workers; You can. They are there to work minimum hours and effort but demand the highest pay and will throw anyone under the bus to get it. When I left a rather big case of this was ongoing, but should have been resolved fairly quickly after.

You talked about re-training everybody and having team-lead training but I never saw this. We had new hires come into our stores that couldn't even log into their machine.
    Threatening to terminate someone because they did not do exactly what you wanted, even when outside their scope is not the proper way to go.

Nice for.

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Oshawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

good for part time job

Cons

Times are really awkward.

Gained a lot of knowledge in different industries, very helpful.

I have been working at RGIS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gained experience in a new industry. Enhanced my Microsoft skills. .

Cons

Long hours. Project deadlines. Yes these exist everywhere however sometimes they are unreasonable.

Focus on the employees more. Far removed from employees.

Decent job with some advancement opportunities.

I have been working at RGIS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Advancement, Simple Job

Cons

Available shifts, Given Hours, Management could be better