RealPage

RealPage Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn

Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Great people, good location, people are treated right(in 12 reviews)

• Great co-workers & flexible work environment - My department is very fun, and has a lot of opportunity for the products to grow(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information(in 9 reviews)

Job depends on your manager and group

Manager (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsLaid back atmosphere.
    Nice workspace.
    Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group. There are some really terrible managers that play favorites, politic constantly, talk behind everyone's backs and only worry about making themselves look good. They rule by fear.
    There are some managers that really care about the employees and growing them professionally. They lead by example and want you to have a life outside of work. The groups/departments are drastically different.
    If you are lucky enough to land in a good group with a quality manager that wants you to succeed, hang on! They do exist.

ConsDecent pay if you're coming off the street. Transferring within the company, ridiculous. Promotions don't mean you can make what your peers are making for the same job or the offer you'd have if you were an outside candidate. It means an increase that has to be approved by 10 people and probably won't get you anywhere near where it should.
    The company has a lot of growth and you can almost do nothing and keep your job. That being said, new positions are only added in India and the Philippines but the tasks assigned to them is embarrassing. Most of my peers in India have 10 more years of education or experience or both but they are given the tasks that a high school student could accomplish. They should be utilized more or they'll be bored and leave.
    Management is so top heavy!! And they reorganize the groups every 30 days or so! I know people who don't even know who they report to.

Advice to Senior ManagementThose surveys we take every year, read them.

Fast growing, long hours, bad management & NO proper training.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers, casual environment, okay pay & benefits.

ConsNo work balance, management talks behind your back to other managers & your peers. EXTREMELY Long hours, high turnover rate in most departments. HR does not know the meaning of Privacy.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more & take the advice of your employees. You are not the only ones that want the company to succeed

OK place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours. Great people to work with.

Consnot much opportunity to move up.

Advice to Senior Managementfigure out how to integrate the various groups from the different offices.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Developer Career Killer

Developer IV (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsHmmm. I don't have anything positive to say about my time here. It has been a very disheartening and disappointing experience.

Cons1) No career path for Developers - I personally one Dev who has been at Dev III for ten years. 2) Outsourcing real development - what kind of software company outsources the development of its products to a third-world consulting company? It shows a complete lack of regard and respect for its own Developers. RP developers are there only for maintenance. 3) Lack of direction and obvious incompetence from Executive Management - RP goes through a management "restructuring" every six months. I personally have reported to four managers in 2.5 years and I know other Devs who have reported to 4 or 5 different managers in the last 1.5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFall on your sword already - you are the problem!

Good place to work.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsGood benefits for all employees.

ConsUpper management does not readily share information.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more willing to share information

HR stuck in the 19th century

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice office in the SOMA.

ConsTheir benefits are a joke. At least by San Francisco standards.
    They grant you 2 weeks of vacation per year. I think it is difficult to find a company in SF
    that would give you less than 3 weeks, 4 is the new standard. And the startups usually
    offer unlimited vacation.

But there is more: you cannot use your vacation until you accrue it. So you want to take full week
    you have to wait to July. I had never heard about companies with such a policy,
    so I didn't bother to check the HR manual before I joined.

But there is more: until last year, you didn't accrue any vacation during the first 3 months of employment.
    Because having to pay somebody for 2.5 days will make a different in company financials.
    Eventually they realized that that was putting them in the 18th century, so they got rid it this policy.

I have to admit though that the middle management is quite reasonable and doesn't take the "accrue before use" policy seriously, which is why people still work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the person who writes "we offer generous vacation policy" in the job postings.

Great place to work.

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsGreat people, good location, people are treated right.

ConsSometimes difficult to get IT working, or necessary software installed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPublicly reward excellent work performance.

Dysfuntional

Vice President (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsDecent Pay, Good equity compensation structure.

ConsCEO changes direction frequently and rules with an iron first. Senior management team changes almost annually, Technology is outdated technology, products are stale, no investment in modernizing, too many acquisitions poorly integrated and envisioned.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower people to do their job, invest in getting out of 1999 web technology, make the products work better together. Stop buying revenue and focus on making what you have better so your sales reps can sell more of it.

Excellent Company that is growing with a lot of potential

Desktop Support Tech Level II (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWork environment is friendly,salary is great, everyone is a family.

Consno cons this company is great.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

I loved working there

Offsite Leasing Agent (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

ProsPay is great, meet some interesting people and good benefits.

ConsCrazy hours no time for yourself or family

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!