RealPage Reviews

Updated 26 August 2014
Updated 26 August 2014

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Great people, good location, people are treated right (in 12 reviews)

• Decent work/life balance but it all depends on your manager and group (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Just OK

Current Employee - Developer  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office culture in San Francisco is a bit laid back for some teams, good work/life balance.

Cons

Pay slightly below average, management in Texas does not understand San Francisco culture.

Please try to understand how tech companies are suppose to function in San Francisco Bay Area.

Low moral work environment

Current Employee - Dev II  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Dev II in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RealPage for more than 3 years

Pros

The people you get to work with are great, and the building is very modern so it gives a nice bright and open atmosphere to work in, and its a short walk from bart so it makes for a nice commute. They provide once a week catering for either breakfast or lunch, and it comes from reasonable resturants in the area.

Cons

Because the headquarters is in Texas there is a huge disconnect not only in management, but also the work that is being done by the employees in the SF office. There's also very little direction and communication both from management in the SF office and from Carrollton, on the direction of projects, causing confusion on the intention of what is needed. Over half the office has quit in the last 3 months, and now they are laying off an entire team. They now have plans to sublet half of the office space.

Get a process and road map together for what you want to achieve, communicate with with the people who are working on these projects, and stay on top of it.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay, great co workers, make your own hours for the most part.

Cons

Stale management who do not understand the sales cycle, compensation plan, or our solutions. Antiquated solutions and UI. Growth through acquisition only. Sales data inundated with false information as reps are held to unrealistic quota. $870,000 for AR1.

Take two weeks off and them quit.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good chance for growth within the company

Current Employee - QA Specialist  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - QA Specialist in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salary, personal growth, Good work-life balance.

Cons

Bloated middle management, Too many meetings.

Work culture is amazing.

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

There is no such pressure for which indian companies are known for.
    Great place to work.

Cons

There shold be hierarchy among the team.

Good place to start with great coworkers but very stressful and mundane after a long period of time.

I have been working at RealPage

Pros

It's a great place to start with great pay increases every quarter for those starting out. I have a great supervisor and good friends there which helps when there is a stressful day.

Cons

Did I mention stressful days? Yes especially during the summer when the upper management has not scheduled enough or hired enough people to handle call volume the calls are back to back all day and there are people on the other end who do not understand how we help them and take their frustration out on us.

Please higher more people at the start of the summer and communicate with the staff of the properties we service so they can communicate with their customers as to what they can expect from our service.

Fun team, major changes ahead which could be good or bad

Current Employee - Marketing  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers & flexible work environment - My department is very fun, and has a lot of opportunity for the products to grow. We have many team outings and there is a lot of trust from management towards the team. I've had lots of opportunities to learn new skills and have been given responsibilities which have enabled me to grow.

Cons

Currently there have been too many changes to management causing uncertainty & lack of leadership/direction for the LeaseStar side of the business. Also, it's hard dealing with needy clients that have little to no technical background & this gets very tedious.

For the SF office, salaries are okay, could be better since this is such an expensive area. Also, bring back some of the food - it's a great way to offer competitive benefits at little expense. More direction for future plans of the SF office would be uplifting - things seem a bit uncertain at the moment.

Be prepared.

Former Employee - Employee
    Former Employee - Employee

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance and good pay. Flexible working hours and nice working areas. Sometimes with free food during anniversaries. Friendly colleagues.

Cons

Management doesn't value their employees. They say that they provide you the best place to work, the newest technology and other good stuffs.

But the later you will find yourself rushing things due to demands, technology is way way back and just masking the product itself.

Be prepared to get fired if management doesn't like you.

Listen to your employees and look closely for their potentials.

OK, but don't stay long

Former Employee - Data Center Engineer  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Data Center Engineer in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Learn how to deal with a "Windows 98" style software shop.

Cons

* Benefits are sub-par at best.
    * You're going to be a work horse no matter the position (engineer, manager, director, etc)
    * Executive Management doesn't care as long as the products stay online and when a product is offline, expect to be thrown under a bus in any and every way possible. But don't expect a pat on the back when it's doing great.
    * Lots of inter-departmental cronyism.
    * Executives, especially within HR organizations, will not be truthful.
    * When a breakroom in one of the buildings has issues, rather than fix it, it's "taped off".

* Don't make empty promises (specifically to the "Chief People Officer")
    * Actually care about the common goal of the company like those on your bottom floor do.
    * Grant more stock options to employees rather than letting them see you cash out on them.
    * It's time for Mr. Winn to retire and let someone else attempt to resuscitate this company.

Too much change creates morale issues and uncertainity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool Office location, great people to be around

Cons

-Too much leadership change for any team member’s comfort.
    -Silo mentality to corporate office
    -Polarizing cultural differences between corporate office and the SF location

San Francisco office has had many leadership changes in the last 3 years. One day RealPage is investing in its brand new office space, then a little over a year later they are looking at SF as a huge expense, recruiting in other locations first and IF they can't find the talent in those areas they will pony up and hire someone.

There is a huge cultural difference from our corporate office based in Texas compared to San Francisco. I don't think they understand what is needed to hire, and retain top talent. RealPage wants to be hip and colorful software company but it’s unwilling to embrace the human capital best practices in the software vertical. Bottom line is the best talent in the US market for mobile developers, software engineers, and product managers is in the San Francisco Bay Area, and to view this office as a huge expense is a mistake.

You can't build a huge office space one year and then want to shrink it the next. One way or the other... they will learn a valuable lesson.

Worked for RealPage? Contribute to the Community!