RealPage Reviews

Updated 24 October 2014
2.9

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
  • Office culture in San Francisco is a bit laid back for some teams, good work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Cool Office location, great people to be around (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff is always stressed and depressed, no such thing as a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not readily share information (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

The Real Deal

Former Employee - Loser
    Former Employee - Loser

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

Working from a Remote Location

Cons

You are expected to move families into Assisted Living Facilties. If you do not have at least 4 moves per month, you are not meeting the goals. However there are alot of factors not taken into consideration. One, the cost. In certain areas, Assisted Living can be as much as 6000 for the room alone not including level of care charges...Next, is not as if we are able to tour the communities we recommend, so we are now handing it off to a community.,,their sales director may not have their act together and for whatever reason the family decides against that particular community.
    Sometimes families are not ready to make that move. Plain and simple. If you are able to keep your loved one at home rather than have strangers care for them then more power to you

Stop only focusing on your pet employees (and giving negative attention to your "weak links" Every member of the team is valuable and brings something to the table.
     Help the communities understand our value.

Fast Paced Technology Company... A good place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Director, Total Rewards in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Director, Total Rewards in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Company is changing rapidly and growing Internationally, so there are a lot of things to do and learn.

Cons

It can be a very political place to work and the Company's equity program was a challenge due to fluctuating stock price (down from $29.50 in mid 2011).

Company offers many opportunities for advancement.

Current Employee - Product Support Agent in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Product Support Agent in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think that the opportunities for advancement are above average within the different departments and they offer a competitive compensation package. The company continues to grow through the regular acquisition of other companies within the industry,

Cons

Newly acquired products are often integrated with limited information provided to those responsible for supporting it. May face potential barriers moving to a different department within the company.

Run for the hills, run fast, run far! Don't say I didn't warn you...

Former Employee - Senior Developer III in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Developer III in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job,it pays money. I was given a good bit of freedom to learn new things.

Cons

It's a dead end job. Promotions from within are a very rare occurrence. This company grows by buying companies. The acquired companies result in many new VP's, some rather meaningless. Average annual raise was 1%. I grew my job well beyond it's original scope with no recognition or compensation, despite my efforts. My experience is pretty typical, as all those I worked with felt the same way. The rave reviews written here must have come from their HR department. RealPage is *always* hiring. There's a reason for that.

Trust your employees to do their jobs, and reward a job well done. Clean out all the fluffer management.

I love working at RealPage! Our Contact Center Rocks!

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life Balance
    Areas to grow your career
    XBOX in the BreakRoom!

Cons

Ongoing Training
    Newly acquired products/ companies sometimes have us taking a step backwards before stepping forward again

Pockets of greatness

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some pockets of greatness in this company. Teams and leadership that are moving the company forward.

Cons

There seems to be an abundance of people playing for a team of one; not trying to solve the problems or move things forward, just blame other people.

A few people with authority who don't focus on how to take action, but rather like to discuss with no outcome, can hold back the entire company.

Jobs

Former Employee - Product Manager in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

Good people that work here

Cons

Sr mgmt need an adjustment

You are behind your competition and they are gaining. Make necessary sr adjustments

2 years of my life that I will never get back

Current Employee - Account Manager- Screening in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager- Screening in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No one knows you're there, so it doesn't matter if you leave early or come in late

Cons

"Comp plans"-- you'll never see that money. And if you do, it won't be paid on time. And if it is, they might even take it back. Payroll department doesn't get anything right. They do not pay out PTO upon leaving (even on great terms). E-mails from company representatives regarding pay "don't count". I would encourage anyone who joins this group to not sign the Terms and Conditions. Again, no one will know or care that you work there, so they wont notice a document with a missing signature.

Make sure you know what the other departments are conveying to your staff, because it's all different.

If you never want to get a promotion this company is for you!

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are someone that likes sliding under the radar, doing minimal work, not having any work satisfaction, and not getting acknowledged -- this place is for you!

Cons

The pay is terrible. Only take this job is you have nothing else lined up as a sign of desperation. I worked on the Account Management team and the management was terrible. But the employees at the bottom of the totem pole are great. Account Managers are treated like crap -- even though we save the accounts the sales people have over promised great things to, and RealPage can't deliver.

This is absolutely one of those companies where the higher up you are, the less work you do. If you are in San Francisco you need to make buddies with some higher ups in Texas or else your chances of getting a promotion are slim to none. Part of working in San Francisco and in the tech space is expecting a stocked kitchen and snacks -- it's just part of the culture. The company took it away from the SF office because it is not part of the culture in Texas.

When I left the company, my manager told me she was sad for me "professionally". Talk about poor management when a manager is sad for you that you are leaving for a better position and much higher pay. It is truly a sign that management does not want you to succeed.

Get rid of middle management. They do not do anything except sit on conference calls that will be repeated to the employees the next day and send out emails. I can vouch that my manager had no idea what anyone on her team did or how any of the systems functioned.

Property Management Company pretending to be a software company

Former Employee - Product Development in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Product Development in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at RealPage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None really. Any good reviews here, I'm sure are put there by RealPage HR. I have not met a lot of very happy employees at this company. My advise, if you get a job offer politely turn it down and look for another company.

Cons

1. Senior management is full of property management folks who have no clue about software development.
    2. Very high turnover rate. The only employees who remain at this place are people who can't find a job elsewhere.
    3. Management is more concerned with Wall Street than product or customers. The CEO dumps a good portion of his shares into the market every year, so he is only concerned about maintaining the stock price.
    4. There is a re-org every three months. I reported to 7 managers in 2 years. Promotion based on favoritism and not merit. Incompetent people are promoted, while hard working employees are looked over.
    5. HR is a big joke and totally pro management. Don't look to them for help. Benefits and PTO are severely lacking.
    6. Company does not have any organic growth, bottom-line is declining. The growth numbers shown by the company are only maintained due to acquisitions.

Start investing in your employees and stop changing direction every three months. Start focusing more on product than revenue\stock price. The rest will follow.