Redbox

www.redbox.com

Redbox Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Mark Horak

Pros
  • The first place I worked at that allowed me to have a work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• The company has good benefits, Expect the yearly bonus to go away next year(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle and Upper management unsure of how to execute and what new ideas to pursue(in 7 reviews)

• Some people that have been here for awhile are stuck in their ways and don't often give some new ideas a chance(in 4 reviews)

Good place, if you're lucky

Field Support Representative II (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsDepending you position you get mileage reimbursement; or are supplied a company vehicle. Good benefits. Flexible working schedule.

ConsShortly after the coinstar buyout many changed took place and they were not for the better. I have been with company for years and no opportunity has been given to move up. Everytime a position opens it is given to an external candidate. Without any consideration of internal employees. Field is stuck in regards to moving up

Advice to Senior ManagementField has no room for advancement. Big on communicating plans and opportunities from within yet over the years any advancement within market I was told too far or not even acknowledged at all. Even after applying.

Solid work environment with unsure future

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

ProsThe culture is not typical of most $2b companies in Illinois. Feels more like a start-up than a corproation

ConsThe culture feels like its starting to change (for the worse). Still better than most companies, but not as great as it used to be.

Good Company but lost it's direction

Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood Benefits, balance lifestyle, great culture

ConsShrinking, out of new ideas

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Like being at high school

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Oak Brook, IL (US)

ProsI got a pay check

ConsI have never, ever worked at a place where people completely ignore you like you are invisible. The people are completely immature and very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak up the high school mentality and make your people act more professional or fire them and get more mature people.

The Rise and Fall of Rome

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen I first started with this company, they were young & ambitious. I so enjoyed learning & growing with the company.

ConsThey turned into a big company like Wal-Mart. They fired or let go all of their high tenure employees, brought in people who know nothing, even in the tech support area. They are fighting amongst themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy immediate supervisor & his supervisor had it out for me from day one & made sure I knew it. I was compared to someone that was fired previous to me. The Regional Manager, in the course of our conversation, made it be known that when I applied for the Regional OPerating Supervisor position, he hadn't even read my REsume, even though HR had interviewed me & submitted my resume as a candidate.

Was a great company until bought by Coinstar

Regional Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsCompensation package very generous and field teams are amazing. Company car provided as well as bonus every year for everyone who meets company expectations.

ConsWhen coinstar purchased redbox the dynamic of the company changed. No longer that small fun company to work for. All about how much you can work the field without going over budgets.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good place to start

Prossmart developers(mostly contractors)explores new technologies,playing it safe now,modern office,good cafeteria,free snacks,coffe,hot choclate,fruits,breakfast,cereals,soda machine,candy,etc.

Conspolitics,doesn't absorb talented contractors,few managers only want to do repetitive support work so that his and his team keeps going on.Puts hurdles in automation and hides facts.Few managers are in-sure about there turfs.Few managers doesn't like his sub ordinates speaking up with better ideas than him and stops allowing them in meetings hence stopping innovation and better ideas.

Good company overall

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed culture not a suit kind of organization. Good culture of open door policy.

ConsExecutive leadership is disengaged with most levels below them and little to no recognition that they make a lot of changes for this large of a company and they expect the teams to accept and implement changes with little to no planning time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to engage your field leadership better and utilize their knowledge in the planning stages for major change to better understand the timeframes to implement the needed changes.

Lot of avoidable changes going on.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

ProsRelaxed dress code. Good benefits.

ConsNot a productive work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue to what is going on from the actual workers.

The Worst Company I ever worked for!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGetting to watch the movies for free.

ConsEverything about the way this company is managed is awful!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe way you treat your employees is bad business.

Worked for Redbox? Contribute to the Community!