Redbox

www.redbox.com

Redbox Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Mark Horak

Pros
  • The first place I worked at that allowed me to have a work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• The company has good benefits, Expect the yearly bonus to go away next year (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle and Upper management unsure of how to execute and what new ideas to pursue (in 7 reviews)

• Some people that have been here for awhile are stuck in their ways and don't often give some new ideas a chance (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Used to be great

Field Support Representative (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsThey got rid of all the pros. Not much good anymore.

ConsTrust is gone. They micromanage everything. New CEO (of Outerwall - parent company of Redbox) values shareholders more than employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementA company that does well takes care of their employees. Not just lip service. Actions speak louder than words. If your employees feel that they are being looked out for, then they will take pride in their company again. Employees that take pride in their company have the motivation to do well which reflects in the company.

Honestly, what good do you think will come from discontinued bonuses. Reduced hourse, and reduced benefits.

Bittersweet.

Supervisor Role (Former Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

Pros-Great benefits and perks for their coworkers.
    -Positive outlook and goals.
    -Mostly great coworkers and team members.

Cons-Management can be either useless or too brash in their decision making.
    -Hard workers can sometimes be overlooked instead of commended.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize which of your employees (including lower management) are actually doing all the work and which are useless.

Great company to work for!

Field Support Representative I (Current Employee)

ProsRedbox has your best interests at heart. Yes, like any job, there are very sterssful weeks, and then the normal weeks. They keep you in the loop on how the company is doing, and offer many perks like a wellness program, and fun employee constests (one of which, I won!). You pretty much work on your own, and the pay is good.

ConsYou have to use your own vehicle at a level 1. This can cause serious wear and tear. And if you don't have a larger vehicle, good luck.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The only professional job I've ever held where you're required to work more, but make less.

Field Service Representative I (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent medical, dental & vision health benefits package. Very good paid time off (PTO) package, right from the start of employment

ConsJob flexibility, once the hallmark of being a Redbox field employee (FSR) has given way to micromanaged, corporate-based control. Feedback is paid lip service by top management. An FSR is viewed as a "map coordinate", not a valued asset. Field employees are all treated as the "least common denominator". With bonuses on the way of the dodo bird, there is little incentive to excel. The best of the field employees will be among the first to leave as the job market improves.

Advice to Senior ManagementCost containment should be implemented on the corporate/salaried level and not born predominately by the lowest paid employees, the field service reps (FSR's). Listen to Wall Street and discontinue giving away the Redbox brand with discount promo codes. Perhaps then field employees will once again earn full time pay for fulltime work, instead of fulltime work for part time pay.

Sr Manager

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

ProsNothing good to say about higher level managers

ConsThey cheat customers all customers daily

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not treat customers an employees bad

Started out great but has been going down hill with route ops not understanding traffic flow,rain, or road construction

FSR1 (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has good benefits, Expect the yearly bonus to go away next year.

ConsNo one listens to issues, people are lying about their time worked to keep their jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your field employees when they say it is impossible to have the same amount of time allowed to work when things change on a weekly basis, but our time allowed to work is never changed. Have been threatened to either lie about my time so I can keep my job, or if I put down what I really worked for the week, I get reprimanded. A storm, a traffic wreck, tire blowout, nothing is a good enough reason to go over on your time. Company preaches honesty but they don't practice it.

FSR1 Richmond Virginia

FSR1 (Current Employee) Fredericksburg, VA (US)

ProsLikes the support our ROS gives us and the backing to do a good job each day and week. Our team leader is really good and helps each of us. I've been with another company before redbox and I never knew management from my ROS to my RM.

ConsCompany is terrific and I think the leadership is doing a great job.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are already doing and support the ROS and team .

Great place

Field Representative (Former Employee) Charleston, WV (US)

ProsManagement is good but needs more help

ConsToo many Chiefs and not enough indians!

ok place to work

Prosbenefits, good people to work with

Consmassive change always going on poor communication top down... etc...

Great Place to work.

FSR1 (Current Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

ProsFlexibility and great leadership and respect shown by our teams ROS. I love working for my supervisor and team members.

ConsNone really. I LOVE IT!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo with what we are letting you know out here in the field. My ROS works with us and so does the RM.

Worked for Redbox? Contribute to the Community!