Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer

Leonard S. Schleifer

Pros
  • Good work/life balance in my department(in 7 reviews)

• well work-life balance, good salary and benefits, good work environment, supportive colleagues,(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not viable in the long run considering the cost of living in Westchester County, NY(in 3 reviews)

• Upper management are in an ivory tower looking down on their peons(in 4 reviews)

Ophthalmology Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe overall working atmosphere is great, worked with some highly intelligent people, very enthusiastic about teaching you. The company throws many events to improve morale as well as reputation.

ConsWorking with chemicals and animals, there is some risk involved. Also while most of the people there are great, there are some that aren't but that's something you find in every place.

The relationship between the RA and PIs is not satisfactory...

Research Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is growing fast.

ConsManagement is not the best. It seems that in the research field is hard to advance without a PhD. RAs are not treated well or given credit for their work. They should have some kind of mandatory training for managers so they can learn how to interact with people; they don't get management or social skills from a PhD.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's hard to advance in the research field.

A good experience working for a small biotech company on the cutting edge of R&D. Good, friendly work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall company allows you have a good working relationship. Lines of communication are more open. The company also provides a great learning experience with presentations from colleagues on different topics.

ConsResources can sometimes be an issue since it is a small company and for some projects work is outsourced.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Culture, Vibrant and Helpful Atmosphere

Intern (Former Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsInterned at the Oncology & Angiogenesis Department, loved the intellectual atmosphere of the group and how nice everyone was. They also managed to retain the active startup culture despite having grown to a large company with 1000+ employees.

ConsThe intern program seemed a bit unstructured, although I imagine it would get better very fast with a wonderfully responsive Intern Recruitment head.

Phenomenal.

ProsOpen to growth of lower level employees

ConsSome bureaucracy, but it is not stifling.

This is a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsRegeneron is very good at making you feel like a part of the "family".

ConsIf you are not upper management, your desk is typically in a large room filled with coworkers of a similar level. It can be quite distracting at times.

great company to work for

Patent Liaison (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

Proswell work-life balance, good salary and benefits, good work environment, supportive colleagues,

Consless career opportunities, moving up the corporate ladder is extremely tough

The company has a bright future, employees has great job security yet easy to glass ceiling

Senior Staff Scientist (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsThe company expanded dramatically in the recent years and is expected to have a bright future. The employees enjoy good salary, benefits and job security. The company also has an overall friendly and flexible working environment, which encourages collaboration and innovation.

ConsThe promotion system is not ideal, which generated glass ceiling for a lot of senior titled researchers. This would compromise enthusiasm of some high-quality researches in a long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention on rewarding hardworking, senior titled researchers who had outstanding performances yet not promotable by the current system. Maybe even modify the system.

I was a research intern in various laboratories for 4 years

Research Intern (Former Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsGreat mentors, plenty of academic, facility and financial resources, very fair pay, balanced work-life balance. HR is always planning events for interns and employees. Most scientists are very friendly and approachable. The company is also kind to its staff by providing free rides from the north white plains and tarrytown train stations in the morning and afternoon. Gym facilities and a discounted food court, offering quality food are also very nice!

ConsWould be nice if interns had access to the gym facilities. The location is a bummer for young people, since there isn't much to do in suburban Tarrytown. There really isn't an option to eat-out (walking distance)...everything is take-out.

A good start and in a promising, growing phamaceutical company. A place rich of resources and talented people.

Research Associate (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY (US)

Prossmart people around to help
    rich resources
    Good mentor

ConsIf you worked here in the same department for a long time, you have the privilege of choosing if you want to do certain work.

Worked for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!