Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer

Leonard S. Schleifer

Pros:
  • "Smart people, friendly atmosphere, good work-life balance"
    in 6 reviews
  • "well work-life balance, good salary and benefits, good work environment, supportive colleagues,"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Not viable in the long run considering the cost of living in Westchester County, NY"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Upper management are in an ivory tower looking down on their peons"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I was a research intern in various laboratories for 4 years

Research Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as an intern for more than 3 years

ProsGreat mentors, plenty of academic, facility and financial resources, very fair pay, balanced work-life balance. HR is always planning events for interns and employees. Most scientists are very friendly and approachable. The company is also kind to its staff by providing free rides from the north white plains and tarrytown train stations in the morning and afternoon. Gym facilities and a discounted food court, offering quality food are also very nice!

ConsWould be nice if interns had access to the gym facilities. The location is a bummer for young people, since there isn't much to do in suburban Tarrytown. There really isn't an option to eat-out (walking distance)...everything is take-out.

A good start and in a promising, growing phamaceutical company. A place rich of resources and talented people.

Research Associate (Current Employee)
Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for less than a year

Prossmart people around to help
rich resources
Good mentor

ConsIf you worked here in the same department for a long time, you have the privilege of choosing if you want to do certain work.

Secure, fun and exciting atmosphere but not perfect...

Research Associate III (Current Employee)
Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWith the industry still contracting (ie Merck's recent layoffs) it is comforting to have peace of mind that we should be secure for the next few years with our recent success. Fun environment (lots of parties), great benefits (stock options are a huge plus even for those of us in lower positions), above average 401K and insurance, tuition reimbursement even increased. With recent success, salary is catching up to industry norms, I started ~4 years ago and felt fairly underpaid at the time, especially considering the cost of living, but since then the compensation has improved where I no longer consider it a con and it was a huge one to start.

ConsUnclear direction for growth/advancement. RA's (non-Phds) generally have a rather define glass ceiling (RA V). In my group, not a lot of distinction between the levels (RA II vs RA V). Promotions are difficult to obtain. Position can be monotonous and unchallenging after time again due to lack of growth and increased roles/responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for growth, rather then bringing in outside applicants could a role be filled internally?

Excellent place to work

Scientist (Current Employee)
Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

ProsEmphasis on good science
Good home/work balance
Lots of encouragement by senior management
Great benefits

ConsPromotions are dependent on time worked rather than purely merit

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions of individuals based on time worked rather than merit is a bit bad for morale

Phenomenal

Software Development (Former Employee)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as an intern for less than a year

ProsIt was amazing experience ever as working as an inter at this company. I thought It was the perfect platform to find your self where you are and what need to change in you. Innovative people, friendly environment, FREE FOOD and many more

Conslimited space for your desk due to growing company.

Great Company

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time

ProsThe culture and atmosphere is very positive and motivating. There are great opportunities to advance your career.

ConsOnly one cafeteria. The area tends to flood and make commuting difficult at times.

The company is still small enough that your responsibilities have a tangible impact in the company's success.

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

ProsValue research and innovation. Plenty of vacation. Flexible hours. Quite a bit of celebrating. Plenty of opportunities for learning and development.

ConsHours can be long. Too many high priority projects. Difficult to take vacation.

RA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNice working enviroment, great people

ConsLow pay unless join really early, then you would have got nice stock

Great first job out of college!

Research Associate II (Current Employee)
Tarrytown, NY (US)

ProsSmall company feel, lots of events to make the work environment fun, generous stock options packages which keep you invested in the company's success

ConsGrowth withing research and development groups maxes out at a certain point for those without PhDs

Hiring so many new employees so fast has caused some gaps in the bureaucracy at times

Good place to work

Graduate IT Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as an intern for less than a year

ProsTarrytown is a good place.
Pretty good place for science students

ConsThe salaries are not too good

Worked for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Videos

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals – Why Work for Us?

Regeneron provides a competitive rewards and benefits package designed to recognize our employees’ contributions to the success of our company and to make sure that employees and their loved ones have access to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals CEO Leonard S. Schleifer. All 75 reviews are posted anonymously by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals employees.